Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mlalex)
    Yep and I heard that there is a bus from there straight to Loughborogh so hopefully it'll be ok

I'm still not sure about my frst choice because its going to be one of 3, either Loughborough, Imperial or Cambridge. I'll just wait and see and decide when I have to lol

Is it your first choice?
    Yeh i think it is a straight bus!
    O so you have very good unis lined up!

My first is Southampton / Bristol
    Loughborough I do not know anything about it (because im thinking it is to close to home ... a ten minute walk from home lol)

ReputationRep:
    My application still isn't away... I'm really starting to hate personal statements! I'm starting to get majorly stressed over this =/

ReputationRep:
    Im in my first year of aeronautical engineering at glasgow...it's a big challenge but awesomeeeee

ReputationRep:
    i have a question
    Do i have stand a chance to get into aeroEng? because i will droppe my physics at A2
    AS
    biology B
    chemistry A
    math A
    and predicted grades are the same
    notice:i'm an international student

ReputationRep:
    I went to school in Scotland so we have highers/adv highers.

Depends were you want to go. You need maths at A physics at B or vice versa pluse a C pass in a subject like english at higher level which is equivalent to highers. I can't say if you will get in for sure, your best beat is to call the admissions people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScottD)
    I went to school in Scotland so we have highers/adv highers.

Depends were you want to go. You need maths at A physics at B or vice versa pluse a C pass in a subject like english at higher level which is equivalent to highers. I can't say if you will get in for sure, your best beat is to call the admissions people.
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kia13710)
    i have a question
    Do i have stand a chance to get into aeroEng? because i will droppe my physics at A2
    AS
    biology B
    chemistry A
    math A
    and predicted grades are the same
    notice:i'm an international student
    why are you going to drop Physics?
    Some unis may let you in without A2 physics, although it is proffered.

ReputationRep:
    Arggh, had my interview and ruined it!

ReputationRep:
    I really dont know what unis to apply for!!?

My AS's are
    Maths A
    Physics B
    Psychology (bad choice) B

I really want to go to loughborough, but i dont know what other unis to apply for incase loughborough doesn't' happen
    Any ideas from you guys?

ReputationRep:
    Ive applied to;

Loughborough
    Manchester
    Leeds
    Cardiff
    Sheffield Hallam (Gaurenteed Offer).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomiswellcool)

My AS's are
    Maths A
    Physics B

I really want to go to loughborough, but i dont know what other unis to apply for incase loughborough doesn't' happen
    Any ideas from you guys?
    Try Manchester, Surrey, Leeds or Sheffield.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomiswellcool)

My AS's are
    Maths A
    Physics B

Any ideas from you guys?
    Loughborough is AAA so you would have to work hard! Make sure your PS is top notch ... a lot of people here will help you ( i will if you want to).
    I would say Leeds / manchester / sheffield / luffbura / surrey there are more which you may want to look at.
    Also Bristol because they might offer you AAB because they do that if they want you and they think you might not make the grades (email them)

You will get replies quite quick. I have all of mine ... just an interview from loughborough to go...

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ram92)
    Loughborough is AAA so you would have to work hard! Make sure your PS is top notch ... a lot of people here will help you ( i will if you want to).
    I would say Leeds / manchester / sheffield / luffbura / surrey there are more which you may want to look at.
    Also Bristol because they might offer you AAB because they do that if they want you and they think you might not make the grades (email them)

You will get replies quite quick. I have all of mine ... just an interview from loughborough to go...

Good luck
    I am not clever enough to apply for the Meng :p: So i'll go for the Beng and hope i pick it up enough by the 2nd year to transfer to the Meng

They are the unis i am probly gonna apply for that you said

Just given my PS into my tutor today, but he is a graphics teacher, so i'm not expecting great feedback from him

Also, my predictions are AAB

ReputationRep:
    when did you apply..as i had an interview at bristol on the 11th and still haven't had anything from them yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by temi1011)
    when did you apply..as i had an interview at bristol on the 11th and still haven't had anything from them yet.
    What are the interviews like? Ive not even got a response back from Bristol yet, and it seems everyone else has!

ReputationRep:
    hi,i had an interview too on that day! who were you? boy? girl? white? kndian? whats your name?

i have not heard anything back from them yet either! hopefully tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    i'm gettin quite worried now that people are getting interviews from loughborough and i'm not. i sent off my UCAS application in mid october and have been waiting ever since on any type of response. is anyone else in the same boat and should i be worrying. anyone?!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by winnie_d)
    i'm gettin quite worried now that people are getting interviews from loughborough and i'm not. i sent off my UCAS application in mid october and have been waiting ever since on any type of response. is anyone else in the same boat and should i be worrying. anyone?!?!
    I would send them an email asking if they have received your application.
    Do not worry ... sometimes it takes longer than usual

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I got my offer through track today! They said they would do it by post first but I heard nothing! but good luck to you!

ReputationRep:
    So has anybody here who had an interview at Imperial on the 11th or at Loughborough on the 18th had a response yet? The lack of news is so frustrating!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 29, 2012

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.