card number. + rep available Watch

nase14_aldayz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by SuicideCommando)
Do you know if I got a new card, would it still have the same card number as my previous one?
If you lose your card, the best thing to do is go into the bank, have it cancelled, and have them issue you a new one.

Don't waste any time with trying to find the number elsewhere.

It would be a new number as well.
rmhumphries
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
f00k 54k3

I don't urgently need cash. Well, I do, and that's what I need the number for. Cos this company want to give ME money, rather than me taking some out.
Unless it is a refund, you would very rarely get money credited by your card number
Tuppenny
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
For a brief and wonderful moment, I thought this was a thread just started by a really lazy credit card fraudster who wanted people to post their card details.

Cancel your card, dude, whatever else. Can't you use details from your bank statement for these people, instead of the card number?
sandettielightvessel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
f00k 54k3

I don't urgently need cash. Well, I do, and that's what I need the number for. Cos this company want to give ME money, rather than me taking some out.
Give them your account number and sort code and they will be able to do a BACS transfer.

Do you know if I got a new card, would it still have the same card number as my previous one?
No, since the card number identifies a specific card a new one - being an entirely new card - would have a different card number.
lrkn
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Give them your account number, sort code, name and if possible the address of your bank.

They should be able to pop into any branch of Natwest and put it in instantly, or transfer it via the phone/internet if their account has that option.

Or, you know, if you want, you can let the money rest in my account.
SuicideCommando
Badges: 14
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by nase14_aldayz)
If you lose your card, the best thing to do is go into the bank, have it cancelled, and have them issue you a new one.

Don't waste any time with trying to find the number elsewhere.

It would be a new number as well.
Thanks very much for your help.
SuicideCommando
(Original post by rmhumphries)
Unless it is a refund, you would very rarely get money credited by your card number
It's like.. a loan company. You've got me worried now. CHEERS.
SuicideCommando
(Original post by Tuppenny)
For a brief and wonderful moment, I thought this was a thread just started by a really lazy credit card fraudster who wanted people to post their card details.

Cancel your card, dude, whatever else. Can't you use details from your bank statement for these people, instead of the card number?
Yes, that is definitely not me. :pierre:

Hm, I gave them my account number and sort code and they said they need my card number. :confused:

Are they stupid in the head or what
Fuzzpig
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If you're signed on to online banking it might be there?
sandettielightvessel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yes, that is definitely not me. :pierre:

Hm, I gave them my account number and sort code and they said they need my card number. :confused:

Are they stupid in the head or what
They sound rather thick - you can credit to an account with just an account number and a sort code. Nothing else needed.
SuicideCommando
(Original post by sandettielightvessel)
Give them your account number and sort code and they will be able to do a BACS transfer.

No, since the card number identifies a specific card a new one - being an entirely new card - would have a different card number.
What's a BACS transfer? Because this is a loan company here, and so like, I doubt they'll waste time?

Why do these people need my card number? Like, he's phoning back in the morning and asking me for it again.

Do you know how long it takes to get a new card sent to your address?
SuicideCommando
(Original post by aliluvschoc)
If you're signed on to online banking it might be there?
I was, and I tried to get into it earlier, but 'cos I've forgotten like every single detail in the World apart from my sort code and account number I could not get into the basta7d thing.
nase14_aldayz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Thanks very much for your help.
:hifro:
SuicideCommando
(Original post by sandettielightvessel)
They sound rather thick - you can credit to an account with just an account number and a sort code. Nothing else needed.
Okay so when they phone back in the morning I shall call them 'fick0z' and then ask them to put money in my account, anyway. This better work.

Oh man. I'm really worried I'm not going to be able to get this money now and I have like 0p to my name. :france:
Fuzzpig
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I was, and I tried to get into it earlier, but 'cos I've forgotten like every single detail in the World apart from my sort code and account number I could not get into the basta7d thing.
:facepalm: I did the same, no hope there then because they take ages to send the password request to the linked address.
rmhumphries
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's like.. a loan company. You've got me worried now. CHEERS.
Hmm, well it is possible, but very unlikely.

Just do a quick google search on their name, see what others have said about them, if they are legit, then such a search will turn up clean, and then you should be ok
SuicideCommando
(Original post by nase14_aldayz)
:hifro:
:king1:
SuicideCommando
(Original post by aliluvschoc)
:facepalm: I did the same, no hope there then because they take ages to send the password request to the linked address.
I think we are the reason why ":dunce:" was created. (Zacky Vengeance is hotter than Syn).

I also don't live at the address which they send all my shiz to which is even more fail.
SuicideCommando
(Original post by rmhumphries)
Hmm, well it is possible, but very unlikely.

Just do a quick google search on their name, see what others have said about them, if they are legit, then such a search will turn up clean, and then you should be ok
I've forgotten their name. LOOOOOL.
Fuzzpig
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think we are the reason why ":dunce:" was created. (Zacky Vengeance is hotter than Syn).

I also don't live at the address which they send all my shiz to which is even more fail.

What's this??!?

You're clearly visually impared and that is why you can't find your card number! SOLVED.

But yes, you do seem to have the fail gene too. We must be distantly related.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (363)
46.07%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (243)
30.84%
I don't have an opinion (182)
23.1%

Watched Threads