Vampire film/series Watch

Banquo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Read Salem's Lot by Stephen King and then watch the original two-part mini series. Do NOT, whatever you do, watch the new one from a few years ago. It's a complete joke.

Also, I just read The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. It's, like, totally about vampires and Dracula, yo!
concubine
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Nosferatu (duh)
Shadow Of The Vampire (possibly my favourite)
Bram Stoker's Dracula
The Addiction
Horror Of Dracula
The Last Man On Earth (far more true to the book, from what I remember, adaptation of I Am Legend)
Lifeforce (vampires in space!!211)
Nadja
From Dusk Till Dawn
Near Dark
Vampires
Dracula
Blacula :P
Underworld 1-whatever
Bordello of Blood
Innocent Blood
The Lost Boys
30 Days Of Night

Fair few I didn't see mentioned, turns out they're roughly in order from best to 'worst'.
BubblesMcGee
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Sunshine, by Robin McKinley, is a really good vampire book. Bit unusual, but she's a decent author.

And for truely awful vampire/Austen trash, try Mr Darcy, Vampire. It's by Amanda Grange, and it's almost painful to read but still quite fun...
paddyman4
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Daybreakers
Angel
Lauren__x
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Id highly recommend:

TV:
Buffy [Every single episode of Buffy & Angel:p:]
Angel
True Blood
Blood Ties
Moonlight

Films:
Interveiw with a vampire
From Dusk Till Dawn
30 Days of night [deffinatly not your typical vampires in that one]
Blade
Buffy the vampire slayer [SO cheesy but must be done]
Daybreakers [Not typical again, but I really enjoyed it]
...Im sure theres a load more I havent thought of but I honestly think better vampire movies need to be made!

Edit: Ive heard about a new Buffy the Vampire Slayer film coming out? OMG I hope it does, I miss Buffy.
marlyly
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by amii_G)
Have you read Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles? I hear they're pretty good. Besides, books are a lot better than movies/TV. :p:
I read the first 3 books of that series a few months back and they are incredible - easily the best fiction in the entire vampire genre I've ever come across, but even outside their genre they still hold up as great books.

(Original post by CKin2U)
Vampire somethinggg starting next week on tuesday itv2 =) like twilight from what ive seen!
The Vampire Diaries. The series is based of books written by LJ Smith about 15 years before Twilight ever hit the scene (so if anything Twilight copied this series). I read the books many years back and loved them, and also saw the TV show when it first came out in america and strongly recommend it
Anatheme
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The Vampire Diaries anyone?
EDIT: Ah, someone mentionned it.
reems23
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Let The Right One In.
amii_G
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by marlyly)
I read the first 3 books of that series a few months back and they are incredible - easily the best fiction in the entire vampire genre I've ever come across, but even outside their genre they still hold up as great books.

The Vampire Diaries. The series is based of books written by LJ Smith about 15 years before Twilight ever hit the scene (so if anything Twilight copied this series). I read the books many years back and loved them, and also saw the TV show when it first came out in america and strongly recommend it
Hmm, I should probably give these books a go after exams. :holmes:

Loving all the VD love.
FieldLeftBlank
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Nightwatch and Daywatch (not that it's essentially about vampires, but they're present)... although, better read the books. When I saw the movies, I had the feeling that the directors had read them some time ago and had done everything by memory.
rissa14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Not sure about films/tv wise.... but books:

House of Night series by PC and Kristen Cast are really good, they're youngish i guess but brill!
Anita Blake series i think by Laurell K Hamilton, theyre really good, havent actually read more than the first few chapters of the first one but i've got a lot of them, just dont have any time.
Also by her i think is the Merry Gentry series, which is also meant to be really good.

I've had a tonne reccomended to me so if i can remember more i'll post them. But go onto amazon's listmania and there's loads of vampire themed book lists, and i'm sure film and tv

Enjoy
Kaykiie
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by oodalallyoodalally)
Can anybody think of any good vampire films or series.
I saw True Blood and now i'm a little addicted. I've already seen Blood Ties, Moonlight, a bunch of dracula films, buffy, Van helsing, Blood +, Being human, Interview with a vampire, Queen of the damned, Carmilla, The Fearless Vampire Killers, Nosferatu, Vampire diaries, Cirque du freak, Twilight and New moon (although i prefer things more bloody than those last few).
I've gone through the wikipedia page for vampire films but there are so many and an awful lot look crap so I'm wondering if anyone has any good ones they've seen.
Oh my lord you are like the only other person who has watched Blood Ties that I know of :p:

I :love: Henry
Hooj
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by oodalallyoodalally)
Can anybody think of any good vampire films or series.
I saw True Blood and now i'm a little addicted. I've already seen Blood Ties, Moonlight, a bunch of dracula films, buffy, Van helsing, Blood +, Being human, Interview with a vampire, Queen of the damned, Carmilla, The Fearless Vampire Killers, Nosferatu, Vampire diaries, Cirque du freak, Twilight and New moon (although i prefer things more bloody than those last few).
I've gone through the wikipedia page for vampire films but there are so many and an awful lot look crap so I'm wondering if anyone has any good ones they've seen.
True Blood
Moonlight
Cirque du freak
Twilight and New moon

Are awful what were you thinking !?
Hooj
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Banquo)
Read Salem's Lot by Stephen King and then watch the original two-part mini series. Do NOT, whatever you do, watch the new one from a few years ago. It's a complete joke.

Also, I just read The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. It's, like, totally about vampires and Dracula, yo!
Salem's Lot scared me !!
yemisdate
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Anne Rice's books are fantastic.
Bex191
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Books wise I'd reccommend the Vampire Beach series by Alex Duval, not too gory
fire2burn
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Only the first 3? :shock:

That means you've never read The Tale of the Body Thief, Memnoch the Devil, or The Vampire Armand!?

Quick to Amazon.co.uk with you!! :yep:
Jelkin
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
This is, perhaps, a different category than the other ones you would have seen, but may I thoroughly recommend the children's TV series "Young Dracula". The title is trite, but I think it's brilliant, clever and funny. All the episodes are on Youtube ...

EDIT: Also, have you seen the original Buffy movie? Hilarious.
marlyly
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by amii_G)
Hmm, I should probably give these books a go after exams. :holmes:
Definitely do!! The first book is good, but it's the 2nd and 3rd in the series that will really make you fall in love with the characters. And, Rice's writing style is gorgeous.

(Original post by fire2burn)
Only the first 3? :shock:

That means you've never read The Tale of the Body Thief, Memnoch the Devil, or The Vampire Armand!?

Quick to Amazon.co.uk with you!! :yep:
I am about 20 pages into tTofBT but I've started revising for my exams so I've put off reading the rest of it till April. I've head the series takes a turn for the worse after book 4 though, which is why I didn't bother buying MtD or tVA, or any of the books after Body Thief really?
fire2burn
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I am about 20 pages into tTofBT but I've started revising for my exams so I've put off reading the rest of it till April. I've head the series takes a turn for the worse after book 4 though, which is why I didn't bother buying MtD or tVA, or any of the books after Body Thief really?
I think people that say that are just peed off about character progression which naturally occurs in series written across such a length of time (First book 1976, last 2003), then again people would also complain if characters remained static. But I can't really say much because I don't want to spoil your reading. The books have sort of changed as Anne Rice has gotten older and followed changes in her personality, particularly after 1998 when she returned to Catholicism the books notably change after than point.

I still think you should give MtD and tVA a read though. In particular MtD :yep:
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (129)
18.48%
No (422)
60.46%
Not really bothered about them (147)
21.06%

Watched Threads