Don't you think women should get 2 days time off a month for periods? Watch

alio~
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by bikipip)
No because this will just further discourage employers from hiring women! As if maternity leave wasn't enough!

If your periods are that bad OP go to a doctor.

I take 3 packs of the pill in a row sometimes.
True, but maternity leave is paid isn't it? I think 2 days unpaid is more than fair.
Broderss
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I doubt most women have their periods as bad as yours sweetheart x
EffieFlowers
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by thedude78)
I think that would be fair...

As long as blokes can have 2 days off for sports related activities...
Well that's bloody ridiculous. Men can help having sport injuries. They can either play better or not do sport at all. It's their fault. But it's not a womans fault she has really bad period pains, she can't stop it from happening. Idiot.
Subcutaneous
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by EffieFlowers)
Well that's bloody ridiculous. Men can help having sport injuries. They can either play better or not do sport at all. It's their fault. But it's not a womans fault she has really bad period pains, she can't stop it from happening. Idiot.

think it's meant to be a joke. Idiot.
thedude78
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by EffieFlowers)
I don't mean sports injuries, I mean playing sports.

Would give us a break from when you're on the blob.
Subcutaneous
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by alio~)
True, but maternity leave is paid isn't it? I think 2 days unpaid is more than fair.

er no its not fair! Period pains and periods can be dealt with medically- if its that bad get some sick days, you're entitiled too it within reason. Having a child, and the need for bonding with a child and the effects of childbirth on a woman emotionally and physically..are two VERY different things, sweetheart!
tinktinktinkerbell
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by alio~)
but were likely to be ill with cold/flu several times a year.

I was thinking though I think women should be able to have 2 days off a month, paid or unpaid I don't care, because theres no way Im risking going through all this when Im out or working whatever.

I take mefanemic acid and people might say take something stronger or go on the pill but I think why should I, nature intended us to rest when on a period its natural why should we load ourselves with pills when we are already contributing to society for hours everyday?

What do you think though?

what i think is you should man the **** up, its a period, its not like you are terminally ill :rolleyes:

you get cold/flu several times a year? really? if so then you must be doing something wrong, i had a cold a few weeks ago and till then i hadnt had a cold/flu for 5 years, even my sister who always picks up germs only has about 3 colds a year so how you get 'several' colds/flus during the year i never know, i call bull **** either that or stop kissing people who have germs

welcome to the real world, like i say man up and get on with it 99% of women go through periods, deal with it! no way in hell should women be allowed 2 days off a month (and before you say yes i am female and yes i have had bad periods, granted not to the point where i was fainting but i just got on with it, thats what women do, my friend was like you and she would faint with hers, did she moan like a ***** HELL NO she got her ass to the docs and said sort this out and guess what he did

if you arnt willing to try and sort it out then seriously shut the hell up moaning about it, the pill can work wonders for periods (granted it doesnt work for everyone but there are other things you can do) but you seem to be the type of person that doesnt want to do anything and just wants to sit and moan about it while being lazy oh and where does it say in nature that a woman should rest during her period, like i say you arnt ill or dying its a period!

so to sum up either man up and accept that it happens and get help for it or shut the hell up moaning
Pink Bullets
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by alio~)
well I can't possibly and am not working through this put it that way, saying we work full time yet some people don't work at all 2 days isn't much lol.
Can you rephrase that in English please?

I have no idea what you are attempting to say.
BrightGirl
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by alio~)
How childish are you? Or are you trolling? :confused:
SacreBleu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by alio~)
Ive just been struggling and trying to cope for an hour with period pain it used up so much energy I fell asleep straight after lol. But yea Im starting an health care course soon which only allows us to have 27 days off sick in 3 years before we have to 'make up time' whatever that means but were likely to be ill with cold/flu several times a year. Ive fainted twice in the past on a public street with period pain because I 'had to attend' it just makes me panic and go all lightheaded for some reason I was thinking though I think women should be able to have 2 days off a month, paid or unpaid I don't care, because theres no way Im risking going through all this when Im out or working whatever. I take mefanemic acid and people might say take something stronger or go on the pill but I think why should I, nature intended us to rest when on a period its natural why should we load ourselves with pills when we are already contributing to society for hours everyday? Im going to tell occupational health when I go for the checkup before the course Ive no idea what they'l say but I want to be at home when Im struggling through all this not fainting.

What do you think though?
@OP: No thats not a good idea because then it would just make the gap between men and womens pay even worse.
scottishGirl
Report 8 years ago
I dont think they should set out that every month women are entitled to 2 days off cos not everyone gets it bad however for those that do employers should be flexible and allow them to take a day off if needed
Spinnerette
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My college marks me as authorised abscence if I have violent period pains. I get it so bad sometimes I can't even stay awake. So you should really talk to someone. For me nothing helps. I think the only thing that'll help them for me is if I have my womb taken out.
DJ AgnieszkaA
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
dont i think?
i dont think either way. its none of my business what time off employers choose to give their employees. its none of anyone elses business, either. its the employers business, and noones forcing you to work there.
alio~
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by Subcutaneous)
If periods are affecting you that bad you have to take time off then go see a doctor.

I suffered..and well still suffer with endometriosis and was also anaemic and although I was in some pain and feeling weak, it wasn't hard to bring myself into a couple of hours of lectures a day.

Go to the doctor and take some bloody medicine, its what it's there for- if its affecting you that much you have no reason other than pride to put up with it! Plus with colleagues especially in healthcare, if you were taking time off the for same reasons but said you didn't do anything about it- you'll be the gossip of the staff room!

If you are SO agaisnt modern medicine, what about homeopathy?
Ive not looked into homeopathy but Im already taking mefanemic acid. This is the thing there are all these people who won't work at all and Id be in the wrong for taking 2 days off to be in pain, whats the point.

We are so conditioned and used to slaving away that this suggestion seems pathetic :dontknow:
CherryCherryBoomBoom
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
No. Mine are not as bad as that, and I don't think most women's are. You have a problem and I think you should see a doctor and properly sort it out with the right medication. Wouldn't you rather feel better and earn your living to your best potential, than let yourself be ill and stay home every month for two days missing out on your course?
mathperson
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
As long as blokes got the same so that they could lay in bed for 2 full days per month also.
To be honest, women have dealt with it for the last few hundred years at work and havn't needed time off for it, so no way (unless its unpaid time off, obviously).
tknight7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Make my life a lot easier and less stressful............
morgonia
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
And just widen the gender gap? No thanks. I actually don't mind my period at all.
DJ AgnieszkaA
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Pink Bullets)
Can you rephrase that in English please?

I have no idea what you are attempting to say.
i'll have a crack at that, i like challenges.

well, I can't possibly - and am not - working through this. put it that way; saying we work full time yet some people don't work at all, 2 days isn't much. lol.

it's quite hard to make it make sense without changing words isnt it, and even if you figure it out its bs
Joseph90
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Period pains? Try passing the ball to an opponent with your goal keeper on FIFA. :pierre:

I'd prefer this idea to the one that states we should be kicked in the crotch once a month.

However it doesn't make economic sense and it is unfair if Men aren't allowed the same luxury.

OP, I think the way you are feeling is another problem. See a GP. Most women I know don't suffer as badly as you. I hope you're ok. :hugs:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (221)
28.01%
No (568)
71.99%

Watched Threads