Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This is around 1,500 galaxies, taken by the Hubble telescope, remember this is a tiny shot of the sky/universe....like a blade of grass on a field. Each galaxy contains millions of stars, with planets orbiting them. And every galaxy has a black whole in the middle! Beautiful.

Spoiler:
    Show

Cells make me physically sick, so I prefer no cells please

ReputationRep:
    I quite like SEM images, can be a bit abstract!

ReputationRep:
    As has already been mentioned any micrographs would make me stop and look

Darkfield microscopy can be pretty too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indieboohoo)
    Thanks, see it's not that hard to be helpful is it.:yep:
    No it isn't when the question makes sense.

OP I don't think you worded it very well, which is why everyone is taking the piss.

I wish I was helicase, so I could unzip your genes. :awesome:

On a more serious note, the vastness of the universe, understanding the world we live in, getting a good job, contributing to the medical industry, learning something with depth to it, and to look sexy in a lab coat.

ReputationRep:
    In keeping with the derailment: There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

OP: The correct answer is that science students like every other student will stop and look anything that appears to be sexual. If it needs to be scientific try relating jiggling breasts to simple harmonic motion or for the ladies I'm sure a pendulum can provide some amusement.

(Original post by innerhollow)
    If you told us the context to this, then maybe people would actually get what the hell you want and be of more help. Why not posters?! That doesn't make any sense. If you're putting something up on a wall, it is nearly always going to be a poster or something very similar.

Cosmological phenomena can be REALLY good to look at- stuff like nebulas, star clusters, auroras etc. Real photos or representations are both very good. If it's a pretty pattern of lights, it will make me stop in my tracks.

So pretty :sogood:
    Because designers don't use posters :dry:

"A poster is any piece of printed paper designed to be attached to a wall"

You asked for something that would be attached to a wall. What on earth do you affix to walls then, then if not paper? :confused:
    I'm making the wall :p:

Okay... on the wall, but not a poster? probably a rotating scale model of the solar system. :awesome:

Oh right I see. I was incredibly confused for a while there. I was wondering if you were going to attach models to the wall or something like that.

Yeah, I'd definitely say go with pretty cosmological lights. No doubt about it.

:drool::drool::drool::drool:
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Enough of the science jokes, which wasn't what was asked for in this thread. If you don't have anything useful to contribute then don't post. It wouldn't have been hard to ask for clarification and save me having to clear out 3 pages of OT ****.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 1, 2010

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.