Sport and Exercise Science at Exeter 2010 Applicants Watch

christianne01
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by binkibonko)
It's so weird now with everything all done uniwise firmed a uni :O man thats crazy

All i gotta do now is student finance and accommadation

O yer it's literally all catered at st lukes, but i think thats what makes it what it is, like every stays on campus is first and all catered is wicked. I was looking for self-catering first but that just wouldnt be right at St Lukies.

Well we left Colchester at like 4.30 on train and got there at 9.30pm so 5 hours but would have been less if we didnt allow as much time for travelling across london. pretty easy journey to make though. nice train to exeter too very comfy lol.

How are you going to get their?

aaaaaaaa horses, nice to look at and watch race but a ******* in boxes on the road haha get them here too i live near higham if youve heard of it
i wanna go in catered halls, so exeter just keeps sounding better and better lol and that's good about the trains, cus that's what i'd have to use to get home and that...soo it all seems pretty peachey to me
umm, my mum and dad are coming, and we're driving up the night before..staying in a travel lodge or something, and then driving into the campus in the morning!
can't say i have heard of higham lol...but at least you understand the annoyance of horse boxes and horses blocking up the roads lol x
binkibonko
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by christianne01)
i wanna go in catered halls, so exeter just keeps sounding better and better lol and that's good about the trains, cus that's what i'd have to use to get home and that...soo it all seems pretty peachey to me
umm, my mum and dad are coming, and we're driving up the night before..staying in a travel lodge or something, and then driving into the campus in the morning!
can't say i have heard of higham lol...but at least you understand the annoyance of horse boxes and horses blocking up the roads lol x

Ouch thats going to be a long drive hope the M25 is clear for you! Yer we stayed at a hotel called Jurys Inn, me and a few mates who also have offers went together. The hotel is right next to the Vue cinema near St Luke's you might see it.
The train is actually only 2 and a half hours from paddington, its just the travelling to and across london bit that adds the time on.
Maybe you should do something good for us then and stop riding :P haha only joking
christianne01
Ouch thats going to be a long drive hope the M25 is clear for you! Yer we stayed at a hotel called Jurys Inn, me and a few mates who also have offers went together. The hotel is right next to the Vue cinema near St Luke's you might see it.
The train is actually only 2 and a half hours from paddington, its just the travelling to and across london bit that adds the time on.
Maybe you should do something good for us then and stop riding :P haha only joking
i hope it's clear too, but i'll probably try sleep in the car anyways lol :P and that's really cool that you're friends want to go there too, if i get a place i won't know anyone! and i think once you get the hang of the trains it'll be fine
oi! i might take offence to that :P that's like me asking you to quit something you really love....x
binkibonko
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i hope it's clear too, but i'll probably try sleep in the car anyways lol :P and that's really cool that you're friends want to go there too, if i get a place i won't know anyone! and i think once you get the hang of the trains it'll be fine
oi! i might take offence to that :P that's like me asking you to quit something you really love....x
Haha well all i hear about uni is that easy to makes friends especially at exeter because of catered and the little cmapus. Sure you'll meet some people! Maybe me you never know it is my firm now.

Haha i'm sorry, it's just the other day I was in my car coming back from somewhere should have been a journey just under 30 mins but end up nearly and hour because of two horse boxes that would pull over and i could over take as it was country lanes went the whole way home and didnt get out of 2nd gear was agnosing! Thank god for radio!

Where else have you applied?
christianne01
Haha well all i hear about uni is that easy to makes friends especially at exeter because of catered and the little cmapus. Sure you'll meet some people! Maybe me you never know it is my firm now.

Haha i'm sorry, it's just the other day I was in my car coming back from somewhere should have been a journey just under 30 mins but end up nearly and hour because of two horse boxes that would pull over and i could over take as it was country lanes went the whole way home and didnt get out of 2nd gear was agnosing! Thank god for radio!

Where else have you applied?
haha, yeah you never know...think exeter will be my firm too
and ahhhh that does suck! have to say i'm normally quite good and pull in and let cars go by...but i guess everyone can't be that nice lol! :P
i applied for loughborough, exeter, brunel, hertfordshire and bedfordshire
what about you?
binkibonko
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
haha, yeah you never know...think exeter will be my firm too
and ahhhh that does suck! have to say i'm normally quite good and pull in and let cars go by...but i guess everyone can't be that nice lol! :P
i applied for loughborough, exeter, brunel, hertfordshire and bedfordshire
what about you?
I keep raving to all my mates about Exeter! Awesome shopping area too lol it's massive. Also they have some very cool goggles in their psychology dept where you can see what the person is looking at very weird but awesome.

To be honest it's the only issue I've had with horses on the road since I've been driving. But at least you sound kind unlike the ones experienced.

I applied at Exeter, Brunel, Loughborough, southampton and portsmouth

I offers from all of them except Loughborough because I'm expected AAB which is too low. Wasn't too fussed as I didn't like it that much when i visited.

Where else do you have offers? Why not lboro firm?
Persipan
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
O yer it's literally all catered at st lukes, but i think thats what makes it what it is, like every stays on campus is first and all catered is wicked. I was looking for self-catering first but that just wouldnt be right at St Lukies.
There's tons of self-catering just up the road at Rowancroft, if that's what people are after (here, here and here. It's like a 5 minute walk up the road, and in a street with lots of good takeaways and stuff.
binkibonko
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Persipan)
There's tons of self-catering just up the road at Rowancroft, if that's what people are after (here, here and here. It's like a 5 minute walk up the road, and in a street with lots of good takeaways and stuff.
Hey thanks!

Do you go to exeter?

Do many people choose to stay at rowancroft if they are at st lukes?
And is the new one open now?
Persipan
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yep, the new one's open and there are students living in it - more pictures here. It looks really nice. I think there are two or three hundred students living at Rowancroft now, and plenty of those will be at St Luke's.
binkibonko
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Persipan)
Yep, the new one's open and there are students living in it - more pictures here. It looks really nice. I think there are two or three hundred students living at Rowancroft now, and plenty of those will be at St Luke's.
That looks amazing haha stuff the catered. I'm assuming a lot of lukies stay there as its just up the road. Why would many people at stretham wana stay that far away?
christianne01
I keep raving to all my mates about Exeter! Awesome shopping area too lol it's massive. Also they have some very cool goggles in their psychology dept where you can see what the person is looking at very weird but awesome.

To be honest it's the only issue I've had with horses on the road since I've been driving. But at least you sound kind unlike the ones experienced.

I applied at Exeter, Brunel, Loughborough, southampton and portsmouth

I offers from all of them except Loughborough because I'm expected AAB which is too low. Wasn't too fussed as I didn't like it that much when i visited.

Where else do you have offers? Why not lboro firm?
ahh i can't wait to go visit now very excited lol! and shall check out these goggles that you speak of lol..
i got offers from all of mine except from loughborough, which we contested because they read my application wrong and gave the reason as me not having good enough predicted grades when i do...so just waiting to hear from them, if they ever reply. I was gutted at first, but now i've got used to it and really want to go to exeter now instead lol
binkibonko
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
ahh i can't wait to go visit now very excited lol! and shall check out these goggles that you speak of lol..
i got offers from all of mine except from loughborough, which we contested because they read my application wrong and gave the reason as me not having good enough predicted grades when i do...so just waiting to hear from them, if they ever reply. I was gutted at first, but now i've got used to it and really want to go to exeter now instead lol

they're sweet goggles lol
Nice one with all the offers. Loughborough took ages to reply to me last uni i heard from! Are you expected 3 A's then as i was rejected and predicted AAB. I'm not that gutted about loughborough tough as I only liked the sports facilities not the uni as a whole. Exeter is soooo much nicer with places to go not just the uni like loughborough in the middle of nowhere lol
christianne01
they're sweet goggles lol
Nice one with all the offers. Loughborough took ages to reply to me last uni i heard from! Are you expected 3 A's then as i was rejected and predicted AAB. I'm not that gutted about loughborough tough as I only liked the sports facilities not the uni as a whole. Exeter is soooo much nicer with places to go not just the uni like loughborough in the middle of nowhere lol
yeaah i am predicted 3 A's, but as Exeter's AAB its slightly less pressure lol...but still gotta work hard obviously! I really loved Loughborough when i looked around, but i'm buzzing about going to visit Exeter anyways...i'm going up tuesday night for the open day on wednesday
binkibonko
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
yeaah i am predicted 3 A's, but as Exeter's AAB its slightly less pressure lol...but still gotta work hard obviously! I really loved Loughborough when i looked around, but i'm buzzing about going to visit Exeter anyways...i'm going up tuesday night for the open day on wednesday

Have fun tonight and tomorrow hope you like it as much as i did.

If you get to get to rowancroft , the new self catered accomadation up the road from st lukes , could youl tell me what it is like please

Have fun!
christianne01
Have fun tonight and tomorrow hope you like it as much as i did.

If you get to get to rowancroft , the new self catered accomadation up the road from st lukes , could youl tell me what it is like please

Have fun!
Exeter was amazing, really loved! went and had a wander in the city on tuesday night, seems really nice although i didn't get to see too much lol... and the uni was awesome...deffo gonna firm it! didn't go up to rowancroft i'm afraid, just looked round catered halls
got stuck in traffic on the way home and it took 6hours to get back though =/ was a bit of a killer! lol, but apart from that had a brilliant day
binkibonko
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Exeter was amazing, really loved! went and had a wander in the city on tuesday night, seems really nice although i didn't get to see too much lol... and the uni was awesome...deffo gonna firm it! didn't go up to rowancroft i'm afraid, just looked round catered halls
got stuck in traffic on the way home and it took 6hours to get back though =/ was a bit of a killer! lol, but apart from that had a brilliant day
Sweet! Glad you liked it, i though tit was amazing. Lovely place. I got a letter through today with term dates and when to paply for accomodation :O where do you think you'll go catered or not?

Shame about the traffic, bound to get it somewhere on a joureny that long though.....should've got a train :P haha
louise..123
Report 8 years ago
Same ! I'm putting Exeter as my first choice for S&ES, and Brunel as my insurance for PE teaching course. What courses were you doing?
Went to Exeter the other day and absolutely loved it ! St.Lukes campus was amazing and I really am hoping to get my grades to go there. So excited!!
binkibonko
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by louise..123)
Same ! I'm putting Exeter as my first choice for S&ES, and Brunel as my insurance for PE teaching course. What courses were you doing?
Went to Exeter the other day and absolutely loved it ! St.Lukes campus was amazing and I really am hoping to get my grades to go there. So excited!!
me and you both fingers crossed for the grades at exeter

Ive applied for sport and exercise science at both of them obv exeter firm brunel insurance

St lukes is amazing
christianne01
Sweet! Glad you liked it, i though tit was amazing. Lovely place. I got a letter through today with term dates and when to paply for accomodation :O where do you think you'll go catered or not?

Shame about the traffic, bound to get it somewhere on a joureny that long though.....should've got a train :P haha
I think I'll end up going catered for the first year..i know its not part of the whole uni experience but i guess i can do all of that in the 2nd year and beyond lol..and don't rub it in about the traffic situation, not fair! i wasted valuable hours of my life haha =P

I firmed Exeter and Brunel as my insurance last Friday Only problem is i got a letter in the post on monday, saying i've been accepted at Loughborough!! Soo now i'm in a big big dilemma =/ I have like 10days to decide if i deffo want to go to Exeter..
binkibonko
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I think I'll end up going catered for the first year..i know its not part of the whole uni experience but i guess i can do all of that in the 2nd year and beyond lol..and don't rub it in about the traffic situation, not fair! i wasted valuable hours of my life haha =P

I firmed Exeter and Brunel as my insurance last Friday Only problem is i got a letter in the post on monday, saying i've been accepted at Loughborough!! Soo now i'm in a big big dilemma =/ I have like 10days to decide if i deffo want to go to Exeter..
Yer it looked like catrered was the thing to do at st lukes when i went as well. haha poor you valuable hours....i bet you were sleeping or banging out some tunes so cant be too wasted lol

Same as me then exeter and brunel!............dont go to loughborough its just a big block of concrete! haha i thought exeter was so much nicer but then again it is the daddy of loughborough which could tempt you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1531)
79.24%
Leave (401)
20.76%

Watched Threads