Turn on thread page Beta

Best Bioware game ever???? watch

ReputationRep:
    Kotor for sure. Although I have yet to play ME2. Getting it in a couple of hours though!

Nevertheless, I took 4 days off 'sick' in year 7 purely to play KOTOR and I did not regret one minute of it. Best time ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris91S)
    Anyone who doesn't say BG II clearly hasn't played BG II
    . . . Or they have a difference of opinion. Personally, I prefered NWN to BGII. Dragon Age is a great game but I really missed the D&D setting. So . . . NWN for me.

ReputationRep:
    I've only played Jade Empire.

I realise it's probably nowhere near one of their biggest and best games, but I loved it.

ReputationRep:
    Knights of the Old Republic for sure.

It got me interested in Star Wars again after being bored by the overflow of Prequel Trilogy material in the EU. The Twist in the game was stunning when I first played it, I didn't see it coming at all

Spoiler:
    Show
    I thought that we would kill Malak and Darth Revan would reveal himself as not being dead. Well that did happen, just not at all in the way I expected

ReputationRep:
    Pfft KOTOR 2: TSL was a better game than KoTOR, i'm hoping the recovery project brings out the best in it (wants it on Steam now kthnx)

I'd be inclined to say either Dragon Age or Baldurs Gate 2, both have a special place in my video gaming heart

And anyone who says Sonic: The Dark Brotherhood (or whatever that horrid DS game was called) will get shot

ReputationRep:
    I can only assume people coming up with KOTOR as the answer are too young to have played earlier games. BG series is better, and the engine Bioware designed for it, the Inifinity engine was the basis of arguably (supported by numerous critic votes) one of the the greates RPGS of all time, Planescape Torment

ReputationRep:
    baldur's gate 2 obviously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chaywa)
    Pfft KOTOR 2: TSL was a better game than KoTOR, i'm hoping the recovery project brings out the best in it (wants it on Steam now kthnx)
    i thought the second one was terrible, maybe the gameplay was a bit better but i enjoyed the storyline and characters in the first one a lot more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by londonlawguy)
    I think it's an absolutely epic album. So many good songs - bling (confessions of a king) is amazing, as is my list. I even love the interlude and exitlude!

I think the songs from that album are the best when performed live as well, although 'all these things we have done' is pretty amazing live too.
    I'm a big fan of both of the first albums, I only saw them live once on their latest album tour and they predictably played most ofthe new album and less of the older stuff. Maybe I'll have to see them at a festival.

ReputationRep:
    As long as no one says Sonic Chronicles, I'm open to any game mentioned as being a favourite.

But really, that was a rush job if ever there was one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by choongsta)
    i thought the second one was terrible, maybe the gameplay was a bit better but i enjoyed the storyline and characters in the first one a lot more
    You enjoyed "play unpaid therapist to a bunch of whiny caricatures and stop the EVIL DARK LORD WHO IS EVIL" over the nuanced, clever, refreshing and deep dialogue and characterization of KotOR 2? Admittedly, KotOR 1 has the advantage of having... well, an endgame. As for the main twist, it was annoyingly obvious...

Spoiler:
    Show
    "what if we undertake to train this one, and the dark lord should return?" IS THIS YOUR IDEA OF SUBTLETY GAIDER

Don't wait for the Team Gizka project, Dashus has done absolutely no work on it for a while and is basking in his creepy cult-like following who jump on anyone asking about progress going "GEEZ DASHUS DOESN'T HAVE TIME THESE DAYS HE'S AWAY HAVING SEX YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS THAT HE HAS SEX HE'S SO COOL". Try that other recently released one? Can't vouch for it, though. There's also a mostly-complete leaked version of Gizka's floating around.

Anyway, BG2. Their games, with a couple of exceptions, have only gone downhill since then, and they've gotten really stale in recent years. NWN was good because of the modding community, KotOR was fun when I was twelve but I can't bear to play it now, Mass Effect was only fun when played as an over-the-top, gloriously stupid B-movie, and Dragon Age... was great in some ways, but got boring fast and somehow felt like a chore to play. Too much damn filler combat. Which is a shame, because the first third or so felt like potentially a genuine return to the good old days.

Bioware's soap operas have never really been among my favourite CRPGs, though, so eh.

ReputationRep:
    If we're counting Black Isle in this BGII hands down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBlindestPilot)
    If we're counting Black Isle in this BGII hands down.
    Why would we be including Black Isle when they're a different company? :p: With regards to Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II, BioWare were the developers and Black Isle were the publishers (on behalf of their parent company Interplay). BioWare and Black Isle (and Obsidian after Interplay got rid of the Black Isle division) have traditionally had quite a close relationship with one another; the infinity engine created by BioWare for the Baldur's Gate games was then licensed for use by Black Isle who put it to full use in games such as Icewind Dale and the critically acclaimed Planescape: Torment. Many employees of Black Isle moved on to newly-created Obsidian Entertainment around the time that Interplay got rid of Black Isle due to financial difficulties. Sequels to a handful of BioWare's titles were done by Obsidian (Neverwinter Nights 2, Knights of the Old Republic 2)...but at the end of the day BioWare, Black Isle and Obsidian are all different companies.

ReputationRep:
    Mass Effect 2 . . . I love KotOR and Mass Effect, and I like Jade Empire, but ME2 is just on a whole other level.

I don't think there was a single moment where I wasn't just in awe of how amazing that game is. Also - Tali <3

ReputationRep:
    KOTOR = best RPG ever bar none.

Think HK-47, think Bastila romance, think the massive twists in the ending which you influenced.

ReputationRep:
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is pretty awesome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris91S)
    Anyone who doesn't say BG II clearly hasn't played BG II
    Exactly. Even after a decade , ME and Dragon Age still aren't quite as epic as BGII.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.