Suits in bars and clubs Watch

shessolovely
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Dionysus)
As in fashion suits - grey slim fit type jobs. Do you think they make you look like you're making an effort or like you're a pretentious prick? Also if you do like them, what should they be worn with? Dark shirt? Tie? Skinny tie?
If it's a club then no.
If it's a nice bar then a nice shirt, no tie.

A suit would only be ok if you had a reason for wearing it e.g you wear a suit to work and went straight from work to the bar. Otherwise it's like why are you wearing a suit?
fox_the_fix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You would look like a tool
Dionysus
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Thanks for all the replies guys, the only thing that's making me question them a bit though is that they mostly seem to be from people who are about 17. I wouldn't have worn one at that age either, it's more of a trainers and t shirts kind of stage, but at 21 I think it's ok to look a little smarter. The kind of clubs I go to plenty of people do wear suits, or at least trousers and a waistcoat - I'm not talking about going ultra smart in a place where nobody ever does - I'm just wondering what peoples' opinion of that is in the sort of setting where it's not that unusual. I wouldn't generally go to the sort of clubs that allow you to wear really casual clothes as they tend to be pretty much cheap and cheerful and designed for grungy teenagers! - I go to more the sort of mid-range type place. Not top-end with tight door policies but a little smarter than average.

For the night where I'm trying to decide what to wear I'm starting at a smart bar (a Pitcher and Piano), then visiting a club for a couple of hours (It's not actually as smart a club as where I normally go but I wouldn't look completely stupid).

What about something in between like smart jeans and a shirt and jacket or smart trousers and a shirt with no jacket? I know plenty of people wear all of these combos but do you like it or think it looks daft? Keep the opinions coming!
a_t
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Dionysus)
As in fashion suits - grey slim fit type jobs. Do you think they make you look like you're making an effort or like you're a pretentious prick? Also if you do like them, what should they be worn with? Dark shirt? Tie? Skinny tie?
This

You don't have fun in a suit unless you're James Bond
Playboy King
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Depends on the place. If it's a high end bar then it's usually filled with glorified city workers and businessmen having a bit of a chillout so it's all about suits.

If it's a bar/club filled with students then you probably won't blend in. Mind you, standing out may not necessarily be a bad thing. I think it's a hit or miss type of scenario, people might think it's cool and you're looking fly :cool: Who cares though, just go wear what you like.
Bolyolyoi
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If you're going in a group then i think it's fine if you all wear suits (makes it easier 2 find ur mates aswell! ), just if there's only one of you wearing them it'll seem a bit wierd.
Went to my uni's christmas ball thing in a shirt, tie nd cardigan with black skinny jeans, i definetly stood out then...Compliments from the lassies, and guys calling me a **** haha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1629)
78.92%
Leave (435)
21.08%

Watched Threads