Skipping with speed rope adequate replacement for jogging in aiding fat loss? Watch

Powerlifter
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by CHRIS_PARTLOW)
every single person who has made a comment about boxers has got it completely wrong

boxers do not have 'lots of muscle'. most boxers have never lifted a weight in their lives.

and boxers don't skip to lose weight -it's for training interval endurance, footwork, co-ordination. they run 5-8 miles in the morning before breakfast to lose weight for fights.
Funny that, as when I was on the Great Britain squad representing England vs the USA every one of our team and thier team to a man were using weights.
tinktinktinkerbell
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Tinkerbelle ♥)
No but they have lots of muscle, which I'm not really feeling - not on me anyway lol..

Skipping rope shopping tomorrow for me then I think

you're a woman, you wont get built like a boxer, you dont have enough testosterone

i may try this myself just have to find somewhere to skip
Kash:)
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by CHRIS_PARTLOW)
every single person who has made a comment about boxers has got it completely wrong

boxers do not have 'lots of muscle'. most boxers have never lifted a weight in their lives.

and boxers don't skip to lose weight -it's for training interval endurance, footwork, co-ordination. they run 5-8 miles in the morning before breakfast to lose weight for fights.
:lolwut:

Depends alot on what weight category they are in.

Boxers do quite a fair bit of weight training.

Yeah, skipping is mainly for foot work etc.

They run for fitness. And to lose weight for when they have a weigh in.
CHRIS_PARTLOW
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Powerlifter)
Funny that, as when I was on the Great Britain squad representing England vs the USA every one of our team and thier team to a man were using weights.
when was this? who was on the gb team?

i tihnk you'll still find that a lot of boxing gyms are still stuck in the dark ages with coaches who think weight lifting limits speed and athletic performance. also a lot of boxers prefer to use ploymetric and bodyweight exercises rather than weights to 'put weight on naturally'. this is just my experience if you have had a different experience then fair enough.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (66)
19.94%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (134)
40.48%
Nope, not that interesting (131)
39.58%

Watched Threads