Turn on thread page Beta

I feel lonely when no one emails or Facebooks me watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Sometimes I will sit at the computer screen for hours on end waiting for something to happen. I feel so empty and depressed. I am waiting on a guy I like to email me but he hasn't. I know it's more to do with the fact I'm lonely than anything else, and I hate going to sleep at night because I am waiting for something exciting to happen. It never does though.
    Digital isolation much? Don't let social networking depress you. If it starts getting that way you might want to take a break from it for a bit. Also I think your criticisms of the guy above are unjust and a teensy bit hypocritical. I see nothing "sad" about being super active on TSR if it isn't getting you down or impinging on your social life. It's good chill-out time.

ReputationRep:
    I don't even have facebook, so how about that! haha. but i have spent the last hour on someone's. sigh

ReputationRep:
    Me 2 ....i pretty sure my friends are drifting away from me :'(

ReputationRep:
    I feel lonely when nobody Facebooks/emails you too.

Nothing to read :no:

And since when was 'Facebook' a verb? I hate it when people change the grammatical category of words! :fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    Send the guy you fancy an email first

Then he will know your interested in him. If you don't want to be lonely, then do something about it! Arrange a night out, invite a mate shopping, talk to people on facebook, ring up mates. Then gradually people will start ringing and inviting you and your social life will improve

ReputationRep:
    I don't get lonely, because of course no one's going to email/facebook me unless I start it!! I just get extremely bored... which then leads on to bad thoughts.

The solution is rather simple: find something to occupy your time. Watch a film, read a book, do homework :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AHughes)
    Your TSR post count is 6104....
    omg, my 5 posts a day over 3 and a half years really constrict me from getting out of the house, I spend more time reading newspapers online :rolleyes:

If OP had a life, wouldn't care about facebook :holmes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2010
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.