foot gone worse after visiting the doctor!! (PICS) Watch

domino0806
Badges: 11
Report 8 years ago
Maybe your feet are just really fat after all the KFC crap you've been devouring.
petzneo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by I HEART KFC!!!)
alright thanks a lot... the only test that they did was weigh me and see my blood pressure. and the doctor told me since we don't know if its a bite or an infection i will give u medications that cover both. but i am not diagnosed with anything yet.
Yeah, from the meds you can tell, its looks like the doctor was covering all the bases...as it really could be either!
Anonymous #1
Report 8 years ago
Unilateral pedal oedema with no obvious inflammation... need to exclude a DVT. Get a venous doppler ultrasound of your calf done.
petzneo
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Unilateral pedal oedema with no obvious inflammation... need to exclude a DVT. Get a venous doppler ultrasound of your calf done.
Nice...are you a medic? It could be...I know why u said it and it makes sense :yep:

Maybe the OP should bring it up and see what the doctor says?
Lost&&Confused
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Iapetus)
So is this a troll, or are all you guys just not taking him seriously because of the username? I don't get it.
Whatever...that's one seriously swollen foot
No, he's stupid because his doctor told him to go back if it didn't get better. It's blatantly gotten worse so the obvious thing is to...what?
Tuppenny
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Lost&&Confused)
No, he's stupid because his doctor told him to go back if it didn't get better. It's blatantly gotten worse so the obvious thing is to...what?
:doctor:

Do I get a prize for the right answer?
petzneo
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ummm he DID go see a doctor again...thats how he got prednisone :rolleyes:

lol imagine turning up and saying;

"I think it's a unilateral pedal oedema with no obvious inflammation... need to exclude a DVT. I need to get a venous doppler ultrasound of my calf done"

Awesome

That'll show the Pakistani *******! :awesome:
Well the first bit is his condition at the mo, no need to say that. He can just say that he is worried that it might be deep vein thrombosis...and see what the doctor says

And the Pakistani bit was so unnecessary.

(Original post by Awesome-o)
Any blood clotting disorders in you or your family?
Any past malignancy or surgery?
Are you obese or possibly pregnant?
Any prolonged immobility?

Is your calf warm? red? tender to touch? Can you make a dent in the swelling that stays when you remove you finger?
Lool he is male so I doubt that he is pregnant
Awesome-o
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

Is your calf warm? red? tender to touch? Can you make a dent in the swelling that stays when you remove you finger?
Tuppenny
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by petzneo)
Ummm he DID go see a doctor again...thats how he got prednisone :rolleyes:
I still think that if the OP is still concerned there is no harm in going back to the doctor to check. While the antibiotic might not kick in immediately, the prednisolone and cetirizine should produce a noticable result in a shorter space of time. The doctor is definitely covering all bases they can think of with the combination of medication that has been prescribed, so I see no reason for the OP not to go back to the doctors if the situation is worsening; if the doctor is unsure then there may be other causes that haven't been considered.
Tuppenny
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

Lool he is male so I doubt that he is pregnant
Slightly off topic, but in the pharmacy I work in, there is an incredibly obnoxious male customer who can't understand why we keep querying the fact that he claims 'maternity exemption' on his prescriptions. :rolleyes:
I HEART KFC!!!
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by Awesome-o)

i am 174 cm and weigh 84 kg... so i might be obese... and no but my grandma has a swollen left leg like mine... but she had it for the past 10 years or something... whenever she walks the foot swells up...buttt i hope i don't be like her because that would suck
I HEART KFC!!!
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
what?? i didn't understand a word u said.
petzneo
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
what?? i didn't understand a word u said.
you have one sided swelling with no obvious inflammation, need to exclude deep vein thrombosis. And the ultrasound is a diagnostic test to confirm it.

(Original post by Tuppenny)
Slightly off topic, but in the pharmacy I work in, there is an incredibly obnoxious male customer who can't understand why we keep querying the fact that he claims 'maternity exemption' on his prescriptions. :rolleyes:
Loool, enjoying working there?
I HEART KFC!!!
Rep:
?
you have one sided swelling with no obvious inflammation, need to exclude deep vein thrombosis. And the ultrasound is a diagnostic test to confirm it.

Loool, enjoying working there?

does this test cost a lot of money?? btw after having the medicines.... i can't taste food or smell anything. does that mean they are working??
petzneo
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
does this test cost a lot of money?? btw after having the medicines.... i can't taste food or smell anything. does that mean they are working??
When did this start before or after the prednisone?

Well I'm not sure as the NHS pays for treatment, but your doctor can also rule it out with a blood test, which I guess is inexpensive.

Are you taking ANY other medication, others than the ones you stated in this thread?
I HEART KFC!!!
Rep:
?

Well I'm not sure as the NHS pays for treatment, but your doctor can also rule it out with a blood test, which I guess is inexpensive.

Are you taking ANY other medication, others than the ones you stated in this thread?
umm this has started since i started taking the medications... and with taking the prednisone i also can't taste the food. whats NHS?
petzneo
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
umm this has started since i started taking the medications... and with taking the prednisone i also can't taste the food. whats NHS?
National Healthcare Service, we get free medical care...

SO it was before the prednisone, you need to go to a pharmacy and tell them this, as I don't think its a common side effect or go see your GP.
I HEART KFC!!!
Rep:
?
National Healthcare Service, we get free medical care...

SO it was before the prednisone, you need to go to a pharmacy and tell them this, as I don't think its a common side effect or go see your GP.
well pharmacies now are closed... i think i'll just wait till my next appointment with the gp. which is on tuesday.
petzneo
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
well pharmacies now are closed... i think i'll just wait till my next appointment with the gp. which is on tuesday.
That should be fine
Egypt
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

D dimer probably wouldn't be much use as it can go up in infection anyway, leaving you none the wiser.

If the patient has no risk factors, an aternative diagnosis is far more likley, and the problem resolves with current treatment then a doppler isn't really necessary - in my humble opinion!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (239)
27.28%
No (637)
72.72%

Watched Threads