Turn on thread page Beta

Someone please help.
    I need a reason not to binge and purge right now, I havn't done it for 6 weeks. But today is breaking me. Please - I forgot why I stopped. I know it helps with the pain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Someone please help.
    I need a reason not to binge and purge right now, I havn't done it for 6 weeks. But today is breaking me. Please - I forgot why I stopped. I know it helps with the pain.

Don't do it !
    You'll only hate yourself more afterwards
    You'll **** with your electrolytes and hurt yourself. Oh please please don't. Forget the euphoria , it's not real.
    Be strong :hugs:

thank you for that - really appreciate it. you'll be glad to hear that i didnt binge or purge, so that's good, but today i basically stopped functioning. it took all my strength not to binge. i'm on fluoextine (prozac) for the bulimia, but was tempted to take an extra dose or two. i know this isn't good but i can't see how i'll be able to get through the day tomorrow. has anyone done this or know of the side effects it will cause? i'm only on 20mg a day so it won't make too much difference will it? thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    thank you for that - really appreciate it. you'll be glad to hear that i didnt binge or purge, so that's good, but today i basically stopped functioning. it took all my strength not to binge. i'm on fluoextine (prozac) for the bulimia, but was tempted to take an extra dose or two. i know this isn't good but i can't see how i'll be able to get through the day tomorrow. has anyone done this or know of the side effects it will cause? i'm only on 20mg a day so it won't make too much difference will it? thanks.
    I was on Fluoxetine 20 mg for about 8 months , does it help you ? Just made me feel a little detached and hyper although my purging was just as bad.
    I really wouldn't recommend messing with your dose but if you think that it will honestly help you to not purge then I'd advocate that you go up to 60 mg AT THE VERY MOST. Talk to your psychotherapist , I had to mess with my dose for a while till I got it right.
    PM me if you need anything hun x

hi, thanks a lot yes i feel like the fluoxetine is really helping to prevent the bingeing - don't wanna speak too soon though! i hear most bulimics start on 60mg - is that what you're on now? is it getting any better?

ReputationRep:
    Hey sorry to hear you are struggling...I've actually over endulged on ice cream and just want to get rid of the full up feeling but its times like these where we have to know what our body needs/wants and to be strong. Keep fighting it and avoid mirrors after eating (she says as she looks at her own reflection). :hugs: you can beat it!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2010
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.