Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ras90)
    no they are not, they have only had "glory" a long time ago or priefly. the fans if them clubs are true supporters and are 10 times a supporter you will ever be.
    Right. I can't be a proper football fan because I just happen to support a successful club. I think we know who the deluded one is here.

:facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHOPS3012)
    And I am a die hard Huddersfield Town fan, most promising season in a while and hoping to be in the championship next season, yeovil away tuesday night, southampton away tuesday night, stood out in the open end in the rain, that's football supporting
    very true! If everyone supported there local team (apart from special circumstances), the league would be so much better.

Leeds United. Yes Manchester we did just hand your ass to you recently. Tottenhams turn!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Right. I can't be a proper football fan because I just happen to support a successful club. I think we know who the deluded one is here.

:facepalm:

No.....because you support them BECAUSE they are successful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ras90)
    No.....because you support them BECAUSE they are successful.
    Wow, you are deluded.

I support them because my father did. Whether he supported them from his childhood because of success or otherwise is a completely different matter.

ReputationRep:
    My dad was always an Arsenal fan so I followed on from him. I'm only at University here, though I do attend Southampton games now and again. My real home is down in Dorset and I still want my local clubs (Dorchester Town, Weymouth, Exeter City, Yeovil Town and Bristol City/Rovers) to do well, I'm not that deluded :p:

I actually play for my nearest football club too.

Dorchester, now they're a real team :P

ReputationRep:
    Dorchester, now they're a real team :P
    I always keep an eye out for the local teams' results. The main reasons I actually can't make many games are work and travel-related rather than not wanting to go. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    And what's you r nearest club?

ReputationRep:
    And tbh Im supporting arsenal for the title this year as if Man U win it they will have won it 4 times in a row Town won it 3 times and were the first club to do so so our record may become meaningless in todays football :'(

ReputationRep:
    And what's you r nearest club?
    My nearest club is Hawkchurch FC.

ReputationRep:
    Aah yh i always look out for their results good luck for the rest of season

ReputationRep:
    Brighton And Hove Albion - local club

ReputationRep:
    Aah yh i always look out for their results good luck for the rest of season
    Haha, I don't get to play much because of how much time I spend at Uni, but thanks. I also play for the Soton Uni Maths team. One of those rare utility players who can also play in goal! :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham Forest. Doing great up until today :'(

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I don't get to play much because of how much time I spend at Uni, but thanks. I also play for the Soton Uni Maths team. One of those rare utility players who can also play in goal! :yes:
    I always fancied playing in goal Im a decent centre back but always fancied a go in net, I did good in training, diving around etc. So the coach said he'd ut me in goal for the last game of the season, we won, but we won 10-9, nuff said :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool fan here

ReputationRep:
    I always fancied playing in goal Im a decent centre back but always fancied a go in net, I did good in training, diving around etc. So the coach said he'd ut me in goal for the last game of the season, we won, but we won 10-9, nuff said :yep:
    I wouldn't worry. When I played my second season at Hawkchurch I was playing in goal for the Reserves at the age of 17. I conceded 79 goals in 20 games and yet still received the club's player of the season. Says something about the rest of the squad then :p:

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield Wednesday, so quite the opposite of a glory supporter.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry. When I played my second season at Hawkchurch I was playing in goal for the Reserves at the age of 17. I conceded 79 goals in 20 games and yet still received the club's player of the season. Says something about the rest of the squad then :p:
    Haha I didn't get man of the match. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ras90)
    The big striker you york had made me laugh so much that day, think he was called brodie.
    Yeah, Richard Brodie. He's incredible - 27 goals already this season (the highest in the whole of England) and he's been injured for a couple of weeks, missed the first few matches as not considered good enough, and has missed 4 matches through bans.
    He was pretty rubbish against Stoke though.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.