Turn on thread page Beta

Good films, Bad endings watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Panic Room?

Although that is a terrible film to begin with, I think a year 7 drama group could of come up with a more imaginative ending than "and now were out of the room and bad guys are gone, we'll cut straight a park bench where everything is alright again and end film"

Just as a rule of thumb, anything with Jodie Foster in it is bound to be terrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    It wasn't a bad ending but I didn't really like the ending of "There will be blood", good film but random ending imo.
    This really.

ReputationRep:
    Boof of Eli?

******** ending ever? x

ReputationRep:
    Castaway, worst ending ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shady05)
    Knowing with Nicolas Cage
    Terrible ending
    Agreed. The ending was ridiculous and ruined the whole thing. Enjoyed it until then

ReputationRep:
    Daybreakers was AMAZING, but the ending was too ambiguous ! It should have made it a bit clearer what happens next so you walk out of the cinema with that satisfied feeling, not the 'hmm..' feeling :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    why are people exactly badmouthing there will be blood and no country for old men?
    there will be blood has a fantastic ending, if you think the film was meant to have a happy ending then you haven't understood it at all.
    If you don't get the ending for No country for old men then maybe you should read the book.

ReputationRep:
    Well the final act of Sunshine kind of stopped it from becoming one of the best Sci-Fi films of all time.

There will be Blood has a great ending though. "If I take this straaaawww..."

ReputationRep:
    Revolutionary Road - different ending from the book

(Original post by Student2806)
    No Country For Old Men. Great film, drab ending.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Anton Chigurh should have been caught as well
    I agree. That came to mind.

ReputationRep:
    I love the ending to No Country for Old Men :confused:

Not to sound like a pretentious bore (though that is inevitable) but I suspect many (but not all) of the people who hate it do so because they don't really understand it.

ReputationRep:
    Mrs. Doubtfire.

Not going to give spoilers but if you've seen it don't you think it ended on a low note after being such a fun film?

ReputationRep:
    The ending of No Country was a little out of joint, but still genius for it, IMHO.

Little Miss Sunshine. Right up until they all got on the stage, genius. From that moment on, utter cringe-fest. Felt like the bloody Office.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.