Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aubydoll)

Where's Law at, or the new law building... and which colleges are near there?

I think I'm going to have to do some spying.
    Law will be on the new campus. It's supposed to go over there for the start of next year - but whether it'll get finished for then is another matter. The only college currently on the new campus is Goodricke.

ReputationRep:

Assuming they get around to moving it to the new campus on schedule, the closest college would be Goodricke.

Although, you might end up with a similar situation to what already exists on Hes West- the department's located in one place, but lectures are all over the University.

...yeah. Just pick wherever you think looks the nicest, I guess.

ReputationRep:
    I think I read it on the website? But I didn't explain myself right lol, I mean that after 10 it's single sex... for example if you were having a chat with your bud who's of the oppisite gender they'd get kicked out? Idkkkk. Lol. I probably imagined it :P

Law will be on Hes East (95% sure)

ReputationRep:
    I think I read it on the website? But I didn't explain myself right lol, I mean that after 10 it's single sex... for example if you were having a chat with your bud who's of the oppisite gender they'd get kicked out? Idkkkk. Lol. I probably imagined it :P
    Technically, there are restrictions on people of the opposite gender going to single-sex accommodation between midnight and 10am - but really, nobody ever checks unless somebody reports it to a porter.
    Somebody I know was put in a single-sex house, despite her not requesting it, but had her boyfriend come up to stay every other weekend and nothing happened.

ReputationRep:
    I can't imagine why anybody would choose to be in single-sex accommodation. =\

You'd get so damned bored.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AirRaven)
    I can't imagine why anybody would choose to be in single-sex accommodation. =\

You'd get so damned bored.
    Yeah. There'd be none of that intergender shagging or nothing.

ReputationRep:
    Where even is single-sex on the campus? :unsure:

I know a girl who chose to be in a single-sex hall at Manchester and she seems to be really enjoying herself there, but yeah, I don't get it either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow drops)
    Where even is single-sex on the campus? :unsure:

I know a girl who chose to be in a single-sex hall at Manchester and she seems to be really enjoying herself there, but yeah, I don't get it either.
    In Halifax, there are just odd houses - there's no specific 'single-sex section' on campus, I think, it's just houses or flats (or possibly a block or two?) that's designated.

ReputationRep:
    I want to live in quiet accom cos I know I couldn't cope with the noise of normal halls but I am scared I wont meet anyone to share with in second year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PatmaCrotch)
    I want to live in quiet accom cos I know I couldn't cope with the noise of normal halls but I am scared I wont meet anyone to share with in second year!
    Go for Fairfax quiet corridors, then. There is very little noise in that wing of Fairfax, yet you get the opportunity of meeting everybody else in the building (at breakfast, in the common rooms etc).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IeuanF)
    Go for Fairfax quiet corridors, then. There is very little noise in that wing of Fairfax, yet you get the opportunity of meeting everybody else in the building (at breakfast, in the common rooms etc).

Ahahahahahahahaha.

As in "waking up pre-9:30" breakfast? Ah, a man (doing an arts subject) can dream.

ReputationRep:
    FYI - I apparently live in the quiet block of Goodricke (Dixon). All I have to say is ahaha.....ahahhaha.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the info guys... chosing a college is still hard. :P I spelt accomodation wrong in the title. Ah ha! I'm still thinking Vanbrugh or however it's spelt, Alcuin, maybe James, maybe Derwent, hmm.

ReputationRep:
    I really like the look of Alcuin/Vanbrugh.

What do other 2010 entrants think about the colleges, and where would you like to live?

ReputationRep:
    I wanted Goldrike but I have changed to james now or halifax. I think. Deffo don't want en suite tho.

ReputationRep:
    I wanted Goldrike but I have changed to james now or halifax. I think. Deffo don't want en suite tho.
    What's attracted you to James or Halifax? Just out of curiosity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluemoon17)
    What's attracted you to James or Halifax? Just out of curiosity.
    Halifax as I like the idea of living houses and James because it's known to be a bit quiet but not dead. Why Alcuin.

ReputationRep:
    Halifax as I like the idea of living houses and James because it's known to be a bit quiet but not dead. Why Alcuin.
    I think the accomodation looks pretty good, it's got a reputation as being a sociable college and it kind of feels right (I think).

ReputationRep:
    I'm from halifax. A first yr there atm actually so any questions pm me. I am really involved in the college, and i'm on the council so I'll probs know the answers.

ReputationRep:
    I'm definitely going to York in October. Have accepted my unconditional offer! Thinking I may go for Derwent, but maybe James. Which one has the best bar?

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.