The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You seem pretty cool and down to earth, you cant get on with everone in life.

Jokes about stuff like that might not to be everyones taste but damn if you cant joke about it then your gona spend you life being sh*t scared about it.
Reply 21
AsystoleUK
I'm like that in a sense but I guess I'm just not affected by harsher topics so much. Things like jokes about haiti and those that go around after a celebrity death, I find hilarious. Somebody was telling me a story about a girl he'd got with earlier and I responded "It would've been funnier if you'd just raped her". I'm obviously joking with all of this, but people don't find it funny at all. It is to me :/

I like some borderline sick humour as much as the next person, but how was that funny?

If you had used some wit, irony or reference it might have been funny, but just mentioning rape doesn't mean you have un-pc humour. If it's not funny you can't just add in some racism or something to make it funny.

Also - the library thing shows how you are self centered.
un-PC sense of humour can be the best sometimes. Of course unless you're a raving racist well then, that's just not cool.

I think I'm hard to like. My first impressions have always been ****. I hate meeting new people so I try to avoid it. When I have to i'm miserable at keeping smiling and asking questions.

But, then it's all the more rewarding when I find people who really like me for me and see past the awkwardness of myself
GodspeedGehenna
If the image in your sig was done by you then I conclude the following:

1. You're a douche for doing that to someone desperately trying to finish work in the library.

2. You're more of a douche for taking a photo and uploading it to an online forum.

I think the person who kept the books there was an absolute douche for not putting the books back and getting them back out the next day. What if someone else was wanting to complete the assignment and required the same journals? Or what if the library was really busy and the note was actually left at 9am the previous day?

People who hog the library wind me up something rotten. I'd have done the same thing. Although probably not photographed it.

Sometimes if someone hogs a table with all their uni notes and hasn't been around for a few hours I helpfully rearrange their notes for them.

But anyway. OP, I think you sound amazing. I don't know why you left cans in the bathroom, that's a bit weird (maybe you're like my last flatmate who always had a larger in the shower?), but I get pissed off that that kind of thing too.
Reply 24
I don't understand how a single thread is making me look like a try-hard to some people? I'm not making the assumption people are alcoholics because they got trollied a few times last week and posted about it on TSR?
Yeah, I used to hang out with a friend who was very similar to the OP.

After a while you begin to get used to him and his sense of humor.
Reply 26
Hello Laura!

But anyway. OP, I think you sound amazing. I don't know why you left cans in the bathroom, that's a bit weird (maybe you're like my last flatmate who always had a larger in the shower?), but I get pissed off that that kind of thing too.

Haha, I'd just be taking them downstairs because they're empty, but need to use the bathroom first and forget that I had them. :/

Also where did you quote Godspeed from? I didn't see that reply :s
Is anyone else worried that when they go to uni they will have to initially pretend they are normal? At the moment it is awesome because everyone knows you and what makes you you, so i feel perfectly happy discussing things with people because i know they won't get offended.
I've just read your profile and you've said that you 'make me people laugh'. Maybe that's the problem, you think you're funny when you're the opposite; people might feel nothing towards you but you think they should like you because you're 'funny' but in reality, you probably aren't.
GodspeedGehenna
Someone who tries too hard to be funny and "un-PC".

Probably the kind of person who uses internet memes in real life, but fails to make them contextually relevant.

An annoyance, basically, who makes you feel as though you have to fake-laugh to shut them up and stop them from crying when their jokes fail.

This.
AsystoleUK
Haha, I'd just be taking them downstairs because they're empty, but need to use the bathroom first and forget that I had them. :/

Also where did you quote Godspeed from? I didn't see that reply :s

Page 1. Somewhere on page 1.

I'm glad to hear that, sounds a lot more sensible, haha.
GodspeedGehenna

Probably the kind of person who uses internet memes in real life, but fails to make them contextually relevant.

An annoyance, basically, who makes you feel as though you have to fake-laugh to shut them up and stop them from crying when their jokes fail.

Someone hid your books didn't they?
GodspeedGehenna

Agreed.
Reply 33
grape:)
Oh dear lord I agree with this.

Especially with people who try to push rape jokes and haiti jokes, you start to wonder what they actually care about :dontknow: OP maybe you should try to be more approachable, because your jokes don't really seem to make you the approachable type.

Nothing wrong with haiti jokes.

In fact i find most jokes funny, rape,rascism, laughing at other peoples expense i find it all hilarious.

People that get offended by jokes like these do my nut in, maybe they should stop trying to be pc even when its obvious they don't believe in it but they feel as white middle class citizens they should appear to be pc.
Reply 34
CrookedLegs
I've just read your profile and you've said that you 'make me people laugh'. Maybe that's the problem, you think you're funny when you're the opposite; people might feel nothing towards you but you think they should like you because you're 'funny' but in reality, you probably aren't.

No people do laugh at a lot of the things I say, but apparently though some of it's funny it makes me an ********. Nice.
AsystoleUK
No people do laugh at a lot of the things I say, but apparently though some of it's funny it makes me an ********. Nice.

Maybe sometimes your un-pc 'jokes' are just insults that aren't really funny at all...
AsystoleUK

Hmm, maybe you have JD syndrome from Scrubs and you laugh at the things you say and other people don't, but you think they are.

Try not making jokes that are close to the bone with people, be conservative with your jokes for abit and see if people start to become more receptive towards you...if not, then you must just be a difficult person to like.
Reply 37
BrightGirl
Maybe sometimes your un-pc 'jokes' are just insults that aren't really funny at all...

Maybe D:
AsystoleUK
I think i'm quite crap. I've managed to fall out with most of my housemates, I don't even think it was my fault. I think the icing on the cake was tonight, people kept leaving empty glassware outside my room from in the bathroom, assuming it was mine as sometimes I accidentally leave empty cans in there on the way to the kitchen. I'd warned them I'd break the glasses if they did it again; funny how the owner finally admits they're hers when I get rid of them.

Little things like this. I'm not an aggressive person, but I have a very Un-PC sense of humour and a lot of people think i'm being insulting when i'm really not. I actually asked one of my best friends for years why he puts up with me tonight and he replied:

"I just try to ignore it, I guess i've not had it as bad from you yet"

And then another friend I asked told me it's hard liking me, I'm very self centered. I don't think i'm self centered :frown:

Well this sucks; to know what everybody really thinks of me. Anyone else feel like they have a very unlikeable personality? D:

You don't have an unlikeable personality, you are just unorthodox. I'm very much the same. People think I'm an evil beast, but really I just don't care all that much about people or their feelings. And I have friends.

Also, I would have smashed the glasses or taken them without warning.

Don't worry about it. Who cares if you are self-centered anyway? It isn't like many other people matter, you are the most important person in your life.
Reply 39
Libtolu
Nothing wrong with haiti jokes.

In fact i find most jokes funny, rape,rascism, laughing at other peoples expense i find it all hilarious.

People that get offended by jokes like these do my nut in, maybe they should stop trying to be pc even when its obvious they don't believe in it but they feel as white middle class citizens they should appear to be pc.

I'm not middle class. Don't make assumptions. Also, perhaps people don't get offended just because they are pretending to be pc, maybe they have personal experience of the kind of things you enjoy laughing at, i.e. rape/racism and personal tragedy, which is why it's so distasteful.

Latest

Trending

Trending