The Blair Witch Project.... Major Let down. Watch

Artymess
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by A is for Awesome)
5. No Blair Witch Project, no [Rec]. And [Rec] is ******* terrifying. That's not up for debate. If the last ten minutes of [Rec] don't scare the **** out of you, well, that's not even psychologically possible.
Definitely this! if it wasnt for TBWP paving the way we might not have had [Rec] which is a fantastic film
rainbowbex
Badges: 14
Report 8 years ago
thought it was ****.

thought gothika was better, least that actually freaked me out/made me jump!
Antonia87
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You dont know what you're on about. That is one of the most terrifying films I've ever seen - particularly the ending. What about the hanging wickermen in the woods? And the children crying and screaming? Or the children's handprints on the wall in the witches' cottage? Or the little gifts she leaves outside their tent? You didnt find any of that scary at all?
Tinkerbelle ♥
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I remember watching it when I was about 14 with a group of friends and then having a conversation about it with our English teacher couple of days later saying how we didn't get it, it wasn't scary blaa blaa

Anyway he reckoned that psychologically it won't be scary to anyone under the age of 30. Because without certain life experiences it won't click and won't be scary or something.

That's what he thought anyway. Not sure how much truth there is in that, probably not a lot.
IWantSomeMushu
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You're about 11 years late.
~ Purple Rose ~
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I get scared at things that aren't even remotely scary, yet wasn't bothered by this film at all. When I watched it I couldn't understand the big fuss about it.
I did find the second one scary though
bananacake14
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If you think the 1st one is bad you should see the second one!!
daveywavey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
This is one of my favourite films and one of the only films that was actually successful in scaring me. I was pretty surprised as I've heard many bad reviews for this film, but I've watched many horror films where I've found the plot to be pretty good but I haven't actually felt scared from watching it.

I think the clever thing about Blair Witch was that it was original, there was a sense of dread and impending doom throughout and I actually felt scared for the characters. There is an effective use of foreshadowing at the start, which is used at the ending of the film and this foreshadowing of the person in the corner really disturbed me. The fact you never see the Blair Witch and you don't know who has the camera at the end really helped make the film a psychological horror.

It didn't go for cheap jumps, gore or anything like that. It just left you worrying for the characters and thinking over what happened days afterwards.. who was holding the camera at the end etc? Was it the Blair Witch? She was presented as a mysterious figure. If she was seen, then it wouldn't have been half effective.

If you just watch the film expecting to jump, be shocked or see gore you won't enjoy it. If you take the time to watch it and then think about it afterwards, then I think that's what scares you.

The fact I thought about the events of the film afterwards made it scary for me.
danadd9
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
All horror movies are disappointments.
It has its moments if you're like 13, though!
Botticello
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Its a really good original idea but for most of it I was bored. But you can't deny the stick figures, noises at night, hands on the tent and walls and the house at the end.....:afraid:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.56%
No (523)
72.44%

Watched Threads