Turn on thread page Beta

Is it too late buying an xbox 360 elite now? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieArun)
    So basically, I want to buy a 360 elite with a few games

BUT the thing is that most of the games I want i.e. halo3, gearsof war/2 call of duty 4 - no one plays these games anymore and i'll be the only n00b on xbl that plays these old games .

Also, I dunno whether to save my money and wait for the new xbox coming out in a few years.. or just spend the 300+ now?

Help appreciated, thanks
    It's not too late. I just got one and I'm playing those games. LOADS of people still play games like Halo and COD 4 because they stand the test of time. I played COD2 online the other day and it was great! You'll still meet plenty of people playing online, and you can play catch-up before newer games come out - I played Halo 1, 2 & 3 before Halo: Reach for example. I'm planning on doing the same with Mass Effect 1 & 2 and Dragon Age:Origins. I don't think anyone would disrespect you for "joining late" because that would be silly! The games are still in existance, and you'll still enjoy them (or not!) like you would have had you played them a year ago. Go for it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bescotecky)
    It's not too late. I just got one and I'm playing those games. LOADS of people still play games like Halo and COD 4 because they stand the test of time. I played COD2 online the other day and it was great! You'll still meet plenty of people playing online, and you can play catch-up before newer games come out - I played Halo 1, 2 & 3 before Halo: Reach for example. I'm planning on doing the same with Mass Effect 1 & 2 and Dragon Age:Origins. I don't think anyone would disrespect you for "joining late" because that would be silly! The games are still in existance, and you'll still enjoy them (or not!) like you would have had you played them a year ago. Go for it!
    WOAH necro-threadding or what.... the last post was in February! :p:

ReputationRep:
    But the new games still work on the older xbox right?
    Was thinking of going for the old elite seen as they're selling them on the cheap, with Halo Reach etc, or should I get the new one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im_ant)
    But the new games still work on the older xbox right?
    Was thinking of going for the old elite seen as they're selling them on the cheap, with Halo Reach etc, or should I get the new one?
    All xbox 360 consoles can play all xbox 360 games, if that's what you meant by older xbox.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starofale)
    All xbox 360 consoles can play all xbox 360 games, if that's what you meant by older xbox.
    Yeah I misread the OP, sorry.

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.