Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    I've never beento Germany, but for boring clothes go to Sweden. Everyone dresses identically - everyone! Every girl in Stockholm has blonde hair, is around 5'8, wears white converses (hi-tops), if not - plimsolls, leggings, and a grey or black oversized jumper or dress. Every one of them. Every last one. :nothing:
    This is actually true :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but forget not, the nights can get very cold here, so it's not practical to go running around in a dress to a party when it is -18 outside. That said, I do prefer jeans and a sweater to a dress, but it's not as if you can't get them here. We have a Next, H&M, American Apparel, New Yorker (which I think is actually a German store, but the clothes reflect any other store that I have mentioned). Meh, it's just their way, I prefer it actually :dontknow:.

ReputationRep:
    Haha! Wow. I want to go there wearing this:

Just for the lulz.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    I've never beento Germany, but for boring clothes go to Sweden. Everyone dresses identically - everyone! Every girl in Stockholm has blonde hair, is around 5'8, wears white converses (hi-tops), if not - plimsolls, leggings, and a grey or black oversized jumper or dress. Every one of them. Every last one. :nothing:
    I'm Swedish and none of my family or friends dress like that :p:
    I don't live in Stockholm though...!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobo1234)
    The German guys I've met seem to dress themselves pretty fashionably... Maybe it's just German girls that don't?
    All the german guys i know seem to wear really boring clothes as well!

ReputationRep:
    'i used to live in germany, i remember them all wearin hanker chiefs around their necks like cow boys.

ReputationRep:
    YES, when i went on the german exchange it was 30C in the middle of summer so naturally i wore short skirts, vest tops and shorts. they all wore jeans and converses. it wasnt until i got home and found out germans dont wear 'revealing' (even legs) clothing that i realised why i'd got quite so many strange looks.....

ReputationRep:
    thats so true haha, they have the ugliest clothes ever! i tried to shop in germany but their clothes are minging!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritedAway)
    Yes, but forget not, the nights can get very cold here, so it's not practical to go running around in a dress to a party when it is -18 outside. That said, I do prefer jeans and a sweater to a dress, but it's not as if you can't get them here. We have a Next, H&M, American Apparel, New Yorker (which I think is actually a German store, but the clothes reflect any other store that I have mentioned). Meh, it's just their way, I prefer it actually :dontknow:.
    There are Next's in Germany? AHHHH! do you think i could use my staff discount??? :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucefowls)
    There are Next's in Germany? AHHHH! do you think i could use my staff discount??? :P
    :yep: I think they're relatively new, or at least our Next is fairly new. I don't know about the staff discount

ReputationRep:
    This makes me want to go to Germany and wear a Borat man-thong. Me and my mates may be going to Berlin this summer as well...

ReputationRep:
    Sounds nice. I would love to live in a place where there's no pressure to follow trends.

Why is it strange that they wear clothes that are appropriate for the weather? Let's be honest. Most English teenage/20-something girls wear the same thing no matter what season it is. It is baffling to me to see girls wearing short skirts and not even a coat when it's 2 degrees outside.

ReputationRep:
    Most British women are sluts and most British men are drunken hooligans. That is the stereotype of Britain in Germany.

ReputationRep:
    and most germans have no sense of humour. thats the stereotype of germany in britain.

ReputationRep:
    and most germans have no sense of humour. thats the stereotype of germany in britain.
    ARTHUR! And I say hey hey! What a wonderful time today la la la la la la la

Back ontopic (:o: ) this really surprises me. I'd always thought of it (well Berlin technically I suppose) as this really trendy experimental place, so it's funny to learn this. I'll have to look into it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)
    ARTHUR! And I say hey hey! What a wonderful time today la la la la la la la
    best. tv. show. everrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

ReputationRep:
    Boring clothes? Have you read the textbooks for KS3 German at school? Loads of these German kids are in like, handmade motheaten rainbow sweaters and yellow corduroy dungarees with frizzy hair and horn-rimmed glasses. Mind you, those books were pretty ancient! Cheap ass school!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah none of the Germans at my school could fathom dressing in anything slightly more elaborate than badly-fitting jeans, sensible shoes and a top.

The ones that wore skirts were a bit slutty...

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad I read this! I will bear it in mind for when I go to Germany so I don't shock anyone :P. My exchange partner is coming here first though.

ReputationRep:
    Well this thread has nothing to do with humour, it is a bunch of teenagers stereotyping an entire nation of 82 million.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.