How to wear a lace body?! Watch

This discussion is closed.
BAL310192
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I agree skinnies and a blazer is probably the best way to wear it.

Make sure you waer your jeans high enough that your hips dont show cuz that looks weird lol.

You could try a cropped top to hide ur boobs but keep ur belly out?
scorpion95
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
jeans, short skirt, the skirt you mentioned, you don't need a bra under it
Nuffles
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Please, for the love of god, don't wear high waisted jeans or skirts. They just look awful :/ A girl saw at college was wearing one of these, albeit a top kinda version rather than one with a crotch :awesome: she wore it with a denim mini-skirt and patterned fishnets with a black strap top underneath it so you could see all the lace but it didn't reveal too much. It looked PHIT. omnom.
taperjeangirl!
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by truthandtragedy)
I've seen a lot of people wear this type of top now:

And I'd really like to try it out. But, what would you wear with it? I was thinking maybe a high-waisted body con skirt...?

Also, the people who I've seen wearing these tend to just wear a pretty bra underneath... I'm not sure if I'd be comfortable with this, as I have large boobs and I'd feel really exposed.

Help?
I've got something similar, only worn it once so far though! Wore it with a dark green vest top underneath, black high-waisted (ish!) body con skirt and a dark grey blazer
ChrisBan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by truthandtragedy)
Any more less pervy replies? :P:
Sorry! I had to google what a body con skirt is...now I'm down with the terms, I've seen girls wear that style top with a body con skirt... its certainly a hot look IMO :yep:
sadiechantel
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I really like it
truthandtragedy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by Nuffles)
Please, for the love of god, don't wear high waisted jeans or skirts. They just look awful :/ A girl saw at college was wearing one of these, albeit a top kinda version rather than one with a crotch :awesome: she wore it with a denim mini-skirt and patterned fishnets with a black strap top underneath it so you could see all the lace but it didn't reveal too much. It looked PHIT. omnom.
Sounds nice, but a bit daring. I'm going out for a friend's birthday Saturday night, so I'm after something a bit more classy.

I was thinking a skirt like this:

With the lace thing, tights, and heels. Maybe a peach/nude pink coloured lace thing so it's not all black, or maybe peach/nude pink skirt with everything else black. Argh. I'll try things on through the week! :P:
Emily!
Report 8 years ago
I bought one about 3 weeks ago.. The lace is quite close together and I wore it with just a black bra and blazer.. I kept the blazer buttoned up and it was cropped so you could see the bottom and the chest but not much else of it. I wore black wet look leggings with it (thick ones that are more like trousers) and I really loved that outfit good luck!! xx
Formula 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by CocoPop)
Hehe, one could say it's got a "fanny pack" down below

EDIT: I need a life
lol :p:
Hayleyboop(:
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
As for what to wear underneath, just buy vests of different colours (black, purple, maybe white) and put them under it. Then I'm guessing you'd add a skirt, but then I've not bothered with the whole "body" trend anyway, so I'm not sure how I'd wear it, but I recently bought a lace top and I wear that with a vest and skinnies. :p:
yanyanyan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ourlastmemory)
How would you get that off easily to go to the toilet???!
Thats what I was thinking. These tops are nice, but is the bottom really neccessary since you just wear jeans or a skirt and its covered anyway, maybe I'm missing the point.
elixira
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Nuffles)
Mmm, sounds hot.

If you've got a decent midriff then perhaps wear it with a cropped black bandeau top.
truthandtragedy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by yanyanyan)
Thats what I was thinking. These tops are nice, but is the bottom really neccessary since you just wear jeans or a skirt and its covered anyway, maybe I'm missing the point.
I think it's because it's more seamless than tucking a top into a skirt/jeans, which can often leave creases or folds of material. This way, it merges together more nicely. That's the impression that I get anyway.
Salain
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I think the point of the part between the legs is to pull the top in to a more contoured shape to make a nice silhouette compared to just a normal top. Also eliminates creases.
Just like stirrup leggings.
luvursoul
Report 8 years ago
One of those mini skirts which are little like tutus, the one with nets underneath so there's massive volume. It should cover your bum and accentuate the hips. With those, tights and nice heels but possibly not peep toes unless they're super amazing. Not sure what to wear on as a coat though, something that doesn't cover the skirt I guess.
sarahthegemini
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have that exact one. I feel a bit exposed but whatever. I'd wear it with black skinny jeans, and a big thick knitted black cardigan. Or a high waisted skirt.
killerjane
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Ham22)
**** yourself. enjoy your slut etire.
Intelligent input darling.

I like the tops and think they're a good alternative that allow us girls to wear something a bit more comfy and still look sexy i.e. you could wear it with skinny jeans and heels/jeggings/leggings or whatever and not look frumpy.

I'd wear it with a super short crop top either under or on top of the body, skinnies and boots or killer heels
Ham22
Badges: 15
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by killerjane)
Intelligent input darling.

I like the tops and think they're a good alternative that allow us girls to wear something a bit more comfy and still look sexy i.e. you could wear it with skinny jeans and heels/jeggings/leggings or whatever and not look frumpy.

I'd wear it with a super short crop top either under or on top of the body, skinnies and boots or killer heels
ok, sweetie.
username271381
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Rara skirt? I think they look so fun!
sofee
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Ham22)
**** yourself. enjoy your slut etire.
i think you mean attire?

i wouldn't suggest wearing them with jeans...i've seen girls wearing them and they've ridden up so the leg hole bits come above the waistband and then they get a two nice flesh bulges
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (208)
18.54%
No (682)
60.78%
Not really bothered about them (232)
20.68%

Watched Threads