Turn on thread page Beta

A very good hand cream for dry hands........? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegoodthebadandtheTom)
    I can recommend you some hand cream
    :perv:

oh, thats such a typical man thing to say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skittlesftw)
    i know this sounds crazy, but my bro had very dry hands that were quite sore, and johnsons baby oil with alo vera cleared them up within about 5 days. it's not that expensive so worth a try
    thanks... i think you're talking about the green bottle

i just hate having greasy hands... also this might sound stupid,.. but i think im allergic to oil (in the liquid form).
    But ill give it ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SugaSuga)
    where can i get this from?
    Boots/Superdrug

ReputationRep:
    Just gotta say, don't even bother trying Sanctuary Spa hand cream, it's mega greasy and doesn't really work. Can't really advise on a good one though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BabyGirl92)
    Soap and Glory Hand Food is really good and lasts ages too. It soaks in almost straight away and your hands feel like silk and not greasy at all and it smells gorgeous. It's about £2.50 for a mini tube or £4 for a big one but it's definitely worth it imo!
    thanks.. ive actually walked past the mini one sooo many times, as i thought its a little cheap to be good :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elixira)
    Just gotta say, don't even bother trying Sanctuary Spa hand cream, it's mega greasy and doesn't really work. Can't really advise on a good one though
    lol thanks, for telling me.
    i guess i will be trying a few of the ones mentioned, until i find the perfect one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coy Girl)
    L'occitane Shea Butter or The Body Shop Hemp one mentioned in the post above.
    this.
    except the latter smells awful (iirc...)
    but the l'occitane one is amazing.
    you can get the lemon one, which is quite refreshing as well, though shea butter is my favourite :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hello Laura!)
    My mum got me this really old fashioned hand cream which you wear in bed with gloves on! It's a bit weird but it works really well. My hands have been a lot less dry and hardly any rag nails since I started using it.

Nulon.

lol.. i cant imagine myself wearing gloves in bed... its quite funny:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HiBear)
    this.
    you can get the lemon one, which is quite refreshing as well, though shea butter is my favourite :love:
    ive seen this advertised quite alot, where can i buy it from? (l'occitane)
    im sure i must have seen it in debenhams:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemily)
    Body Shop Hemp Hand protector. Its for very dry skin and it works like magic. You only need a tiny bit and it soothes and softens them straight away. Worth every penny and non-greasy (unlike acqueous cream which works but is so greasy its hardly worth it).
    I second this! My hands get really dry in winter, but this helps a lot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HiBear)
    this.
    I agree, the smell is not pleasant! It does work well though. I didn't know there was a lemon L'occitane one, sounds lovely.

ReputationRep:
    Neutrogena's Norwegian Formula Hand Cream. It's actually amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtGoblin)
    Neutrogena's Norwegian Formula Hand Cream. It's actually amazing.
    Seconded! Go for the original formula though, not the one with sunscreen.

ReputationRep:
    aveeno :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coy Girl)
    I agree, the smell is not pleasant! It does work well though. I didn't know there was a lemon L'occitane one, sounds lovely.
    there's a lavender one as well
    i love them, always get some at the airport.

OP: yeah im sure ive seen them at debenhams as well

ReputationRep:
    Soap & Glory is amazing and not ridiculously expensive

ReputationRep:
    I swear by Atrixo moisturising cream

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by star_violet)
    Seconded! Go for the original formula though, not the one with sunscreen.
    Another you could try is called Eucerin if you have not already. Very good for using after a shower. If you don't like any of those fake scents, it comes in a fragrance-free formula in the original formula. I too, get really dry skin on my hands at times, especially near the fingernails. And usually using the Eucerin before going to bed helps alleviate it.

Agreed Star. Neutrogena is also supposed to be a really good brand of products. I use that as well. I've always heard cold winter air causes dry skin, and it also can be genetic, and also depend on how hydrated you keep your body by drinking water especially.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.