Turn on thread page Beta

LSE or Imperial MSc Finance? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I suppose the other 10% are pursuing further studies. But it would be kind of silly on their part to let them be part of the 10% and bring the stats down. I would imagine group of students would just be added to the secured employment category. However this statistic is quite meaningless because if you think about it 3 months is a long time after graduation and very few students have the luxury of just staying unemployed rather than find some random job to earn some dough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILIGAN)
    ^ that's kind of expected because Warwick is amazing for finance, and the related subjects.

I would expect that the remaining 10% went on to do further studies or venture into business of their own.
    Funny that, was at a assessment day for a bulge bracket IB, not a single Warwick grad. I guess now you're going to tell me that they all got jobs already thats why they weren't there lol.........oh you make me laugh.

Your posts always diss imperial due to the business school being relatively new and your only argument for Warwick being good is because of its longer history, looks like the business rankings say a different story, warwick seems to be going down....let me guess your response would be something related to the longer history of warwick again....also Warwick is more or less unheard of in many places outside of Europe (or not considered as highly as you suggest), but Imperial its a diff story..

For the OP: LSE

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply evo. I've pretty much decided I'll take LSE over Imperial at this point. On the other hand I'm still waiting on Cambridge MPhil Finance. On the (unlikely) chance that I get into the MPhil, which do you reckon would be better for job placement after the degree, Cambridge or LSE? I know Cambridge has a pretty stellar rep worldwide generally, but I'm just not sure how decent their Finance dept is in comparison to LSE. I've been told it is more of a path to a PhD than a path to an IB in the Cambridge MPhil program.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by makaveli121)
    Thanks for the reply evo. I've pretty much decided I'll take LSE over Imperial at this point. On the other hand I'm still waiting on Cambridge MPhil Finance. On the (unlikely) chance that I get into the MPhil, which do you reckon would be better for job placement after the degree, Cambridge or LSE? I know Cambridge has a pretty stellar rep worldwide generally, but I'm just not sure how decent their Finance dept is in comparison to LSE. I've been told it is more of a path to a PhD than a path to an IB in the Cambridge MPhil program.
    Hey maka

I dont think you can go wrong with either really, both are very well known and have equal job prospects, i think it would be down to your own preference and where you think you would be more comfortable at. Personally im a city boy so id choose LSE but part of me would tell me to go to Cambridge due to its traditional heritage and being one of the two best and most recognised unis in the UK and highly reputable worldwide...its a difficult choice...

sorry if it doesnt help much, i think its important to see where you are comfortable at and not let others influence you, as there are ALOT of trolls here that are paid to promote their own uni...

ReputationRep:
    I would advise you to choose Cambridge. I was in a similar situation last year (choosing between Oxbridge & LSE), went for Cambridge in the end. Though it could be argued that LSE and Cambridge have same job prospects for IB (and financial services as a whole) but there are some sectors such as management consulting where Oxbridge's impact on your application is more than that of LSE.

If I was in your situation, I would (might) have gone for Columbia...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm gonna pay the $500 deposit for Columbia so that I can wait a bit longer to make a final decision - May 15th or something. I assume that if you accept an offer and pay the deposit, you just lose the deposit if you pull out later, and are not required to make further payments. Haven't found any small print in the Columbia offer package.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm gonna pay the $500 deposit for Columbia so that I can wait a bit longer to make a final decision - May 15th or something. I assume that if you accept an offer and pay the deposit, you just lose the deposit if you pull out later, and are not required to make further payments. Haven't found any small print in the Columbia offer package.
    MIT all the way if you ask me
    and yeah, congrats, really cool

ReputationRep:
    jobs in the US for international students are scarce nowadays, so pick Cambridge.

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.