Had an abortion - boyfriend found out! Watch

This discussion is closed.
paddyman4
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'd have done the exact same thing tbh, and I am really not violent or aggressive. You're a monster OP. You've taken 5 years of his life and killed his kid.
numb3rb0y
Badges: 3
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by HeadShock)
Should have consulted him before the abortion.
Why? He wouldn't have any right to stop her and OP already said she was dead set on doing it immediately. If he wants to throw violent tantrums over the "loss" of a tiny lump of undifferentiated cells that's his problem.
Annie72
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I dont condone your exes behaviour but he has a right to be angry. He feels that you have killed his child, he obviously also feels hurt that you didnt tel him about the pregnancy. I"d say change the locks and keep away from him.
ocelotrevs
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I would've said you should've told him. But he sounds like a nutter.
Next time, call the old bill to deal with him, if he's smashing up your gaff and things.
bleeper
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I always found it funny that if a woman wants nothing to do with a kid she's just pro-choice but let a man feel the same way he is a coward.
Installation
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
To be fair, you did kill his baby
Sithius
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Pink Bullets)
Yeah, always good to consult a violent abusive thug before you do anything they might take issue with. :rolleyes:
Bloody hell... you really are completely clueless aren't you?
numb3rb0y
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Sithius)
Bloody hell... you really are completely clueless aren't you?
If he trashed her home because of this, I really wouldn't have trouble seeing him get violent if she told him and he couldn't convince her to stop.

(Original post by Rucklo)
According to you.
Well, that, science, and the law. It's hard to definitively set the point where sentience begins, but we can say with reasonable certainty that it doesn't happen in the first couple of months.
FyreFight
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Why did you not tell him you were going to abort his baby? That's ****ing monstrous.
chap54
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
****, how ****** up is this thread. Firstly OP is a ***** by the sounds of it, secondly she found herself a most likely normal guy and just ended up messing with him, and now shes killed his baby. I mean what the ****? I think you've made your own bed now OP, so you can lie in it.
bittersweetxsymphony
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's your body and your choice. If you feel that you did the right thing and have no regrets then don't let him make you feel bad. Explain to him that you feel you did the right thing and that you didn't want him to know because he would get upset.
Maybe you should stop being on off with him as you are clearly hurting his feelings. Make a clean break and don't lead him on again.
numb3rb0y
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by chap54)
****, how ****** up is this thread. Firstly OP is a ***** by the sounds of it, secondly she found herself a most likely normal guy and just ended up messing with him, and now shes killed his baby. I mean what the ****? I think you've made your own bed now OP, so you can lie in it.
You can't kill something that doesn't exist yet. At most, she killed a lump of insensate cells, which is no worse that getting a tonsillectomy. As bad as her background appears to be, you're talking nonsense.
chap54
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by numb3rb0y)
You can't kill something that doesn't exist yet. At most, she killed a lump of insensate cells, which is no worse that getting a tonsillectomy. As bad as her background appears to be, you're talking nonsense.
I'm afraid not, now I have no interest in debating the scientific / religious point of view on abortion as I don't care for the subject. But clearly the OP should have told said boyfriend and should have been more open about her not caring for children. The two obviously shouldn't be together and if he is the one who is more into her, then she must be stringing him along in some way for them to be on and off for such a long time. So I am correct in saying, OP is a *****.
dennisthe3rd
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
unprotected sex *tutut*
numb3rb0y
Report 8 years ago
I'm afraid not, now I have no interest in debating the scientific / religious point of view on abortion as I don't care for the subject.
So basically, "I'm right, but don't anyone dare ask me to justify myself!"?

But clearly the OP should have told said boyfriend and should have been more open about her not caring for children. The two obviously shouldn't be together and if he is the one who is more into her, then she must be stringing him along in some way for them to be on and off for such a long time. So I am correct in saying, OP is a *****.
Please. "stringing him along"? At some point an adult has to take responsibility for his actions. If someone keeps leaving you and coming back and you accept it time and time again, you're as much to blame as they are. Furthermore, until someone can demonstrate why getting an early-term abortion is any worse than having a tonsillectomy, I don't see why she should be obligated to tell anyone. He didn't lose anything, he simply didn't gain something he wanted, and he would have had no right to alter her decision either way. Something having half your genetics doesn't make it your joint property.

(Original post by Sithius)
You don't even know him, yet you state what he would do in situations nowhere near as grave as this one.
I didn't state anything, I merely conjectured that it seemed plausible. I certainly wouldn't destroy someone's possessions because they aborted a foetus that I'd had a hand in creating, and I don't regard that as a sensible reaction at all. Furthermore, arguably the situation would be just as grave because he'd know she was going to abort and wouldn't be able to stop her. If you explode in violence because someone killed a growth inside their body, I think it entirely appropriate to draw character judgements from that.
Casse
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm not suprised with his reaction considering you murdered his child. You got off easy so be grateful.
chap54
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
So basically, "I'm right, but don't anyone dare ask me to justify myself!"?

Please. "stringing him along"? At some point an adult has to take responsibility for his actions. If someone keeps leaving you and coming back and you accept it time and time again, you're as much to blame as they are. Furthermore, until someone can demonstrate why getting an early-term abortion is any worse than having a tonsillectomy, I don't see why she should be obligated to tell anyone. He didn't lose anything, he simply didn't gain something he wanted, and he would have had no right to alter her decision either way. Something having half your genetics doesn't make it your joint property.
Like I said I don't care for the subject. If I had to consider it then it would only be if I found myself in a similar situation, otherwise its not my place to comment on the rights / wrongs of either opinion.

As for "stringing him along" OP has made it clear this is what she has been doing.
qazwsx123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I agree with this. I cant believe how many people are sticking up for the OP, he had a right to be angry - yes he could have handled it better but most people dont think rationally when emotional
chap54
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yes, OP was treating him disrespectfully. However, once again, if he accepted that and kept letting her come back, he shares responsibility for the situation, unless she was holding a gun to his head to force him to agree.
Of course you're assuming rational and logical behaviour in a relationship most likely involving love by at least one party. This assumption is flawed. Relationships are irrational and if he was the irrational one then she should have recognised this and stopped any further damage / hurt caused by either of them.
CB91
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by happy watermelon)
People will probaby say "well if she had wanted the baby and he hadn't then she would have still had it so it's not fair" but at the end of the day it's your body, your decision.
The father has a right too. And if its her body, then she should have used some contraception. It's really not that hard.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
28.89%
No - I got the required grades (105)
58.33%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
12.78%

Watched Threads