Access Results so far! Watch

slipend
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Psylencia)
Ahhh its not that bad I get up at 5:15, get myself together leave the house at 20 past 6, walk a mile to the bus-stop, take a 30-40 minute bus, get off get on another bus for 5 minutes, walk half a mile from that bus-stop to the train, get the 7:30 train, change get the 8:07 to my Uni's city, arrive in reading about half 8 and walk a mile and a half to the campus, usually get there just before 9....

Ok its horrendous but I keep telling myself its just 4 more months, just 4 more months

*rocks back and forth* 4 months... 4 mo.... *rocks*

edit: on the way home i leave uni between 4:30 and 5pm and get home anywhere between 7 and 8 at night, cook dinner do work go to bed at 1 and get up at 5:15...
Ouch!

That is brilliant though, I wouldn't be able to do that, seriously.
Psylencia
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hehe thank you, I'm feeling better about it this morning, as I've just got a letter with the date for my interview at Winchester, its less than 2 weeks away.
RosiePeriwinkle
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Wow Psylencia, that is a hideous journey, I don't think I could handle that!

I think things are still up in the air with the marking and the Uni's will prob take that into account. It always takes a while for these things to settle down and become consistent.

Good luck in your interview and make sure that you impress on them what you have had to do to study the right access course as it is a good sign of your dedication and determination.
Psylencia
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by RosiePeriwinkle)
Wow Psylencia, that is a hideous journey, I don't think I could handle that!

I think things are still up in the air with the marking and the Uni's will prob take that into account. It always takes a while for these things to settle down and become consistent.

Good luck in your interview and make sure that you impress on them what you have had to do to study the right access course as it is a good sign of your dedication and determination.
Hehe thank you thats what i'm going for 'Determination & Dedication!' I've joked with my husband that if I dont get in i'll still show up every morning until I am forceably removed from the campus or they give in and let me study lol.

I weirdly kind-of forget how bad a journey it is, its just something i have to do... Its only when I tell other people, and they're all "Wow" "you're crazy" "I couldnt do that" that I actually sit back and look at it and realise, actually yes, its horrendous and I must be at least partially insane.

I walk about 7 miles a day (3 and ahalf ish each way), and I didnt realise that or even add it up until I was trying to work out how i'd worn through the soles of a brand new pair of boots in less than 2 months. :woo:
under8ted
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
you should have wrote all this in your personal statement... im pretty sure your journey alone would convince any uni of your dedication to HE!
LeonLorenzo
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
15 credits at Distinction,

Things are really starting to speed up now though. I currently have 6 assignments in my possession - the last ones deadline is the 11th March.

Fingers crossed for 33 credits at Distinction in the bag by the end of march.

It sure is a slog though.
silencehurts
Report 8 years ago
I have all distinctions so far
kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Distinction for my Psychology 6 lvl 3 credits in the bag, yay!
jojospacemunky
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i dont know on credits as im just requiring an overall pass on the course for my degree option. But so far i have for my modules
1 x Distinction
2 x Pass
other module is awaiting my exam resit next week for overall grade

I passed level 2 (unit one) in Study Skills
and have so far 1 x Merit and 1 x Distinction for my Open Forum reports

whatever that works out at hell knows.
LeonLorenzo
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I handed a funky looking sociology assignment in today; I'm not too confident about that one. It will be a merit grade at worst, (MMP), but id love to keep the perfect streak going.

Lesson: If you aren't completely sure whats being asked of you, then find the tutor and ask for clarification.
LeonLorenzo
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hows everyone finding the assignment sheets? Do they make it clear what is expected of you? I might just over complicate things, but I feel as if the assignments are shabbily put together and rather confusing. Suppose thats what you get for being a guinea pig on the new marking scheme.
jojospacemunky
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by LeonLorenzo)
Hows everyone finding the assignment sheets? Do they make it clear what is expected of you? I might just over complicate things, but I feel as if the assignments are shabbily put together and rather confusing. Suppose thats what you get for being a guinea pig on the new marking scheme.
our college is still trying to get to grips with the new grading system to be honest but i do feel that the assignment criteria sheets for what you have to achieve from the grade descriptors can either work in your favour or work against your favour to be honest - i'd be happy if i knew i was on par for achieving what my conditions of my offers were with my current grades lolz
ScottG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You guys have alot of credits! My college must be working alot slower!

I have 9x Merit and 3x Pass credits. Need mainly merits for my first choice!
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ScottG)
You guys have alot of credits! My college must be working alot slower!

I have 9x Merit and 3x Pass credits. Need mainly merits for my first choice!
What do you want to study? I'm still waiting on a reply from Sheffield!
ScottG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
What do you want to study? I'm still waiting on a reply from Sheffield!
Hey I plan to study Management..all 5 of my choices are the same course code but have a range of names like; Management, Business Management, Business, Business Studies and well, another Management.

Sheffield were 4th to let me know, nearly 2months after I sent my application!

What do you plan to study?
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ScottG)
Hey I plan to study Management..all 5 of my choices are the same course code but have a range of names like; Management, Business Management, Business, Business Studies and well, another Management.

Sheffield were 4th to let me know, nearly 2months after I sent my application!

What do you plan to study?
Psychology
Nat$
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Currently have:
3 distinctions
9 merits

Waiting on loads of work, I think the majority of them will be merits. Really wish that some of the teachers would get there ass into gear and give our work back! Grrrr
PatmaCrotch
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My college is a bit annoying as up untill november it was level 2 so it was only pass or fail, I pased all 4 assignments. I have 2 distictions in study skills at level 3, one in sociology and not sure what my first level 3 psy assesment will be. I hat psychology and our teacher with a fiery passion. Sociology is eassy as long as you live in society you really shouldnt strugle.
MikeyS
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
We've only just had ours graded. They marked them all at level 3 and then had a mid-sessional marking for P/M/D.

I got: 6 credits @ Merit, 21 credits @ distinction
Nat$
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by MikeyS)
We've only just had ours graded. They marked them all at level 3 and then had a mid-sessional marking for P/M/D.

I got: 6 credits @ Merit, 21 credits @ distinction
bloody hell! :eek: Thats well good. I hope you have applied to good unis.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (192)
27.79%
No (499)
72.21%

Watched Threads