Fancy dress idea.... good, bad or completely stupid!? Watch

kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by mattyjonesuk)
Yes i forgive your incorrect assumption that i am unintelligent :-)
Hmm. Intelligence = ability to use correct grammar + ability to recognise that dressing up as a terrorist = a bloody stupid idea.
yorkie_in_kent
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by Pinball_heart)
If you went out in Birmingham like that I'm pretty sure you'd get stabbed.
Ha ha... i would never do it in birmingham! nor london for that matter... I think people in Blackpool tend to be a bit more openminded about controversial fancy dress! lol
yorkie_in_kent
Rep:
?
(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
Hmm. Intelligence = ability to use correct grammar + ability to recognise that dressing up as a terrorist = a bloody stupid idea.
Oh ok... if that is your definition of intelligence then yes I am probably not very intelligent.

If you define intelligence in the usual way and consider that many intelligent people - who aren't completely anal - write posts without giving a s**t about the grammar, then I would consider myself at the top end of that scale.. :-)
Sequin
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Abara)
reminds me of this:

What to do on an airplane when you find yourself seated next to a real jerk:

1. Take out your laptop.

2. Slowly open your laptop.

3. Turn it on.

4. Make certain your neighbor is watching.

5. Open your Internet browser.

6. Close your eyes for a few moments, then open them and then look up to the sky, or the heavens if you will.

7. Breathe deeply and open the site: http://www.myit-media.de/the_end.html

8. Watch the expression on your neighbor's face.

What happens when that gets down to 0.00?
I was too scared
Beige_Angel
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You will end up in the cells and will most likely come away with charges/convictions, plus some member of the public will probably decide to be a hero and attack you first.

Either way, it will not end well. Don't be an idiot.
yorkie_in_kent
Rep:
?
Besides... where am i supposed to have used incorrect grammar?

I wonder whether you are insecure about your own intelligence and it makes you feel better to imply that someone else does not have any... Perhaps your relatively young age is causing you to be naive to the idea that someone who has a different opinion to you does not mean that they are wrong or unintelligent, but instead might be slightly more open-minded or take an alternate view.

Perhaps you should be concerned about your own clear lack of intelligence rather than making presumptions about mine?
yorkie_in_kent
Rep:
?
(Original post by Beige_Angel)
You will end up in the cells and will most likely come away with charges/convictions, plus some member of the public will probably decide to be a hero and attack you first.

Either way, it will not end well. Don't be an idiot.
Lol... charges and convictions for what exactly?
EskimoJo
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It doesn't sound like a good idea to me.
sir-lewis
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Imagine if you meet someone out on this night who has been directly affected by a terroist attack, lost a family member or something. Confrontations would definately occur.
Its not a cool idea, tbh.
Instead of terroists go as aeroplanes.
flowermaster91
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Sounds like a silly idea
kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Besides... where am i supposed to have used incorrect grammar?

I wonder whether you are insecure about your own intelligence and it makes you feel better to imply that someone else does not have any... Perhaps your relatively young age is causing you to be naive to the idea that someone who has a different opinion to you does not mean that they are wrong or unintelligent, but instead might be slightly more open-minded or take an alternate view.

Perhaps you should be concerned about your own clear lack of intelligence rather than making presumptions about mine?
Or maybe I'm just in a really crabby mood and I can't take a (very unfunny) joke tonight? 'I' needs a capital letter

If you're really 25 then you should be able to realise that dressing up as a terrorist is neither funny nor clever as people will be offended by it and there probably will be an awful lot of people who think the same as me...

But ta for calling me young... Hate it when the guys at college do that :o: :p: I should just chant to myself 'I will not go on forums when I'm easily annoyed' really...
yorkie_in_kent
Rep:
?
Or maybe I'm just in a really crabby mood and I can't take a (very unfunny) joke tonight? 'I' needs a capital letter

If you're really 25 then you should be able to realise that dressing up as a terrorist is neither funny nor clever as people will be offended by it and there probably will be an awful lot of people who think the same as me...

But ta for calling me young... Hate it when the guys at college do that :o: :p: I should just chant to myself 'I will not go on forums when I'm easily annoyed' really...
lol... why would i lie about my age? Oh sorry, i forgot to put a capital 'I'.

By calling you young or naive I am simply generalising based on my opinion of you from a few posts... neither are probably true and you are probably smart, mature and sharp-minded, I don't really know. But if you don't want people generalising about you based on a few posts then maybe you should not do that to others?!
Ki_Kudos
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

You were pretty condescending to the guy there. He asked for opinions about his idea not a lecture from a grammer nazi questioning his intelligence.

Matt, it ain't a good idea, which is pretty sad in my opinion. I would laugh if I seen you do that down my local high street. The ability to make fun of something which causes fear makes it less scary, for me anyway.

Muslims get a bad press which isn't fair and I think this would poke fun at the typical stereotype, so long as it stays in jest, which I reckon you would do. However, too many folk wouldn't be able to understand that...
bri.waite
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
terrible terrible idea...
I'll look for the news headlines of your arrest though!
Krishna442
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i think that would be fine at a bad taste party or at a place where you know everyone and everyone knows everyone.
as it is.... u could get away with going as terrorists... combination/mix of muslim stereotypes with ira type stereotypes... but if u all go all out on the islamic fundamenalist look... then that just seems v v one sided and a bit of a no no.
yorkie_in_kent
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ki_Kudos)
You were pretty condescending to the guy there. He asked for opinions about his idea not a lecture from a grammer nazi questioning his intelligence.

Matt, it ain't a good idea, which is pretty sad in my opinion. I would laugh if I seen you do that down my local high street. The ability to make fun of something which causes fear makes it less scary, for me anyway.

Muslims get a bad press which isn't fair and I think this would poke fun at the typical stereotype, so long as it stays in jest, which I reckon you would do. However, too many folk wouldn't be able to understand that...
Thanks... i think you have summed up what i was trying to get at.

It seems that everyone is so terrified and concerned about terrorism and this is unnecessary. People are so concerned about not offending people... what is wrong with offending someone? Surely the world would be a very boring place if no-one made a joke or pushed the boundaries for fear of hurting someones feelings! Make a joke about a terrorist and that makes me a racist!?

It seems that the fact is it would not be idea. If someone might be out that would find it offensive then trouble might start. I just find it sad though that people can't make fun of these things rather than worrying about them all of the time! ...ah well... onto the next idea! ha ha :rolleyes:
Ki_Kudos
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Thanks... i think you have summed up what i was trying to get at.

It seems that everyone is so terrified and concerned about terrorism and this is unnecessary. People are so concerned about not offending people... what is wrong with offending someone? Surely the world would be a very boring place if no-one made a joke or pushed the boundaries for fear of hurting someones feelings! Make a joke about a terrorist and that makes me a racist!?

It seems that the fact is it would not be idea. If someone might be out that would find it offensive then trouble might start. I just find it sad though that people can't make fun of these things rather than worrying about them all of the time! ...ah well... onto the next idea! ha ha :rolleyes:
I know what you mean.
As soon as someone mentions anything slightly negative about anything Islamic in nature you are labelled a racist or a BNP fanboy. I'm not saying you don't get your crackpots, of course you do, but to be afraid to say something for fear of offending someone is pretty poor. Again, I'm not saying everyone should go about giving out buckets of abuse or anything, merely that people should understand when something is being said in jest and when it isn't.

There are times where some things have to be said to the detriment of those that it is aimed at.
Kash:)
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
stupid
Beige_Angel
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Lol... charges and convictions for what exactly?
Harbouring an imitation weapon, inciting public fear, wasting of police time to name a few... there are several more.
yorkie_in_kent
Rep:
?
(Original post by Beige_Angel)
Harbouring an imitation weapon, inciting public fear, wasting of police time to name a few... there are several more.
Ahh right... so it is probably best to not go out dressed as a cowboy then too? Oh or a gangster... they might think that 10-15 guys/girls carrying plastic machine guns are a danger to society? lol :eek3:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (315)
37.77%
No - but I will (64)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.43%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (393)
47.12%

Watched Threads