Turn on thread page Beta

How can a short guy attract a girl watch

ReputationRep:
    Go to gym and bulk, become stocky. Best you can do with a short height.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Keep anon please.

I just turned 18 and I am 5'5".

Seeing as how 5'7" is the minimum for girls (yes even short girls) what can I possibly do? Please don't lie to me about how there are girls that would date a short guy because in threads about a guys height, it's clear that girls wouldn't date a 5'5". Even in real life you can see this. I am sure even girls who are 4'11" don't want a 5'5" guy.

If I could afford it, I would get leg lengthening surgery. But I can't.

I will pretty much date any girl. If a girl wants to date a guy my height, then that alone is good enough for me. You can call it desperate if you want, but why should I follow my own preferences if it's already hard to find a girl who likes short guys? Surely that is just going to lower my chances even more?

hire another midget, stand on his shoulders, wear a matrix jacket, you know, the long ones that reach the floor so it covers up the midget beneath you, and bob's your uncle. you'll be dating in no time!

seriously 5''7 is the minimum for girls? i'm 5 ''5. :confused: perhaps i should take my own advice... :yep:

(Original post by christykai1049)
    hire another midget, stand on his shoulders, wear a matrix jacket, you know, the long ones that reach the floor so it covers up the midget beneath you, and bob's your uncle. you'll be dating in no time!

seriously 5''7 is the minimum for girls? i'm 5 ''5. :confused: perhaps i should take my own advice... :yep:
    Well it seems to be the minimum for short girls. The taller the girls are, the higher their minimum is I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well it seems to be the minimum for short girls. The taller the girls are, the higher their minimum is I guess.

makes sense.

also on a more serious note, just be yourself dude. if you're uncomfortable with your height or yourself in general, it's not much of a turn on. i think someone already said this but it's true! 5'5 isn't all bad. people could care less how tall you are so long as you're likeable! :yep:

(Original post by Jelkin)
    I'm 5'3" or so so it wouldn't bother me at all. I'd have an excuse not to wear high heels, and kissing wouldn't be painful to my neck. I like your imagined "minimum height to be able to get girls" though.
    Well, when discussing about a guys height. It's the shortest girls ever go. They say something like "Im short and any guy over 5'7" is fine. Seriously, I have never heard a girl go below that.

ReputationRep:
    Stand on the yellow pages. Or jumping around waving your arms in the air ought to do it.

ReputationRep:
    1. Wear suit/ broken down suit
    2.wear striped shirt- gives off image of lean figure
    3. Get game
    4. Seduce
    5. ?????
    6.PROFIT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thejonsmith)
    Stilts.

Or, get over it. It doesn't matter.
    He can't get over it, he's too small. :woo:

You could try dating a dwarf, go to those little meets they have, that are like small parties.

ReputationRep:
    by standing on his wallet.

ReputationRep:
    im 5"1 and i dont think 5"5 is that short.. my dad is 5'5 and my mum is 5'3 they look fine together. as long as they are taller than me.. which is ermmm well everyone i really dont care. if anything i wouldnt want anyone too tall.. i was seeing this guy who was 6'3 now can you imagine how stupid we looked next to each other.. my ex was 5'7 id say and that was a good height but if anything a little too tall i hated having to stand on my toes just for a kiss haha dont worry about it too much there are plenty of small girls out there

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dwarfdate.com/

ReputationRep:
    put on some meat brother!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattwhite)
    He can't get over it, he's too small. :woo:

You could try dating a dwarf, go to those little meets they have, that are like small parties.
    These jokes are of little consequence.

The OP will rise above them.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bugarrishoes.com/

ReputationRep:
    hey maybe you should go for shorter girls! they are your niche market. since you feel less confident going for taller girls, fish out the short ones! problem solved amigo!

ReputationRep:
    Think like a tall guy.

ReputationRep:
    First i've heard of this. I'm 5"3, i'd date a guy who was 5"5. As long as they were same height/a bit taller. I wouldn't care.
    Stop generalising by saying all females prefer guys who are 5"7, is this in the unwritten book of girl or something? =/

ReputationRep:
    Some of the comments that are above are extremely harsh, and I can't believe it's been taken as such a joke.

I completely sympathise with you. About 3-5 years ago I used to be one of the smallest in my year, but fortunately I'm now one of the tallest in my year. I understand how you must feel, but at the end of the day you have to be yourself. If a girl is more interested in how tall you are rather than your personality and who you are then she is not worth being with in the first place, it is as simple as that.
    It's not just about height either, it's about how you act and how you express yourself through your body language. If you stand with a straight back it sends more of a positive message than standing slouched, and girls will pick up on those sorts of signs.

If I were you I'd just keep on looking. You'll find that you will be in the right place at the right time and something will happen.

DC

ReputationRep:
    Does it actually matter? You shouldn't assume the reasons girls won't like you is because of your height. By the way, shouldn't you be trying to date women not girls?

I probably wouldn't go for a short guy, tbh. I'm 5'3" myself which is considered to be small and it's weird if I wear heels and would be taller than them (e.g. every night out/occasion). As long as they're a bit taller than me when I've got heels on, that'd be the preferred height. Having said that, there's no real 'ideal' height. And as others have said, all that really matters is if someone loves you for you.

If you've JUST turned 18, though, as you say in your post, you might still be able to grow another inch, possibly, over the next month or two?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2010
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.