Anyone do spanish AS today (SN2) Watch

jbo123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Thank god, I came out of the exam and everyone was like you didnt listen to track 2 loool. Ahh hoping the examiners will go easy and that my oral will maybe help (and hopefully not make it worse)
ash_grove
Report 8 years ago
I thought the healthy lifestyle essay was a gift, but wasn't sure on the gap filling, and the chief examiner seems to have a twisted sense of humour...januarys exam had a guy taking a siesta in a stable, now a nude woman dressed in carrots..???
Kinesthetic
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Barbaric - 6 mark translation, 3 reading passages and 2 listening tracks - talk about over working the candidates!

I picked healthy living, hoping for at-least 30 on the writing. Please please leniant examiner!
I reckon my translations were good - they made sense, but I had to draw in a few gaps like _____; mainly for Apenas and another word which threw me.

The grammar was easy - took about 15 minutes to do it though >.> the gap fill was.. interesting. I rushed into it and stuck iglesias for the first one, but most people in my year put tradiciones instead

Low boundaries too please lol - I reckon I'll be on for 73/74 out of 98 :|

+ Anybody wanna discuss the answers?
For the gap fill I put something like: No particular order really, just what I remember.
Para,
(llegara) a, then the verb which i forget,
siga?
Dementiéndose (or something like that) WITH THE ACCENT as without would be incorrect

that's all i remember :|

also, on the listening task 2, the last gap I put olvidar, that's all i remember lol
isabel93
Report 8 years ago
www i put olvidar i think! I thought the listening was okay, which is obviously going against what everyone else thought! but essay was shockingly bad, time went so quick, i just had to rush it. What grades are you guys hoping for? I'd really like a B, but thinking im getting a C or D now ahh weell everyone re-sits the AS!
Gooner231
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Listening was ok, and could do the 2nd part without another track (which I didnt listen to, despite thinking as I turned on the player, ooh, 2 tracks, whats this) which was a bit stupid.

I can't remember very much... gap fill I put por for first one, cause thats like "through something" isnt it and it was famous for or something like that...
and olvidar where you mentioned because i remembered that ser can be an infinitive trigger someimes. cause thats like "through something" isnt it and it was famous for or something like that...

Did costumbres essay, thought it went ok as it meant I could basically do a paragraph on what young people value instead haha

so overall, pretty well. Although I agree the whole carrot bullets thing was a bit o_O
isabel93
Report 8 years ago
I did costumbres too, i started talking about El Botellon, like that's what they prefer these days, drinking haha, is that a valid point? Hope so!

How many true/falses did you put for the first question? i think i did 4 of each?
Gooner231
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
El mismo con respecto a verdad/falso
isabel93
Report 8 years ago
con respeto
haha sorry, had to be done!
isabel93
Report 8 years ago
okay..maybe im wrong.
jbo123
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Same, 4 true, 4 false
Johnblue
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
the esta chica is muy sexy nearly fooled me

I'm glad I had my thinking cap on
Gooner231
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
@Johnblue What about it?
isabel93
Report 8 years ago
hahaa i though my paper was dodgy or something, what was that all about?!
jbo123
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
hahaha that nearly made me laugh!
Kinesthetic
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
haha, the chief examiner is weird for putting esta chica es muy sexy :P

i realise now it's por for that gap fill, but at the time i hadnt ;P

i'm hoping for an A. my teacher's marking is incosistent with the writing marking, can anybody give me like an explanation of what mark they've been given in practises and what they did to get it?

cheersss
keiron12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hello,

I sat this too, I thought that the paper was strange compared to the past ones, I thought that some of the translations were difficult though essay and listening was fine. Ok paper on the whole but the odd difficult section. Was shocked at the topic of the third reading piece!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1460)
79.61%
Leave (374)
20.39%

Watched Threads