Am I squatting deep enough?? Watch

Hugh-Jackman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Most people have better deadlifts than squats if they're ecto's and more tall built....stocky people are going to have bigger squats.

I'd say true meso's have better squats, same with endo's and then starts leaning more towards deadlift at over 6ft 3.
FranticMind
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
No. Get a bit lower, less weight. Your form is a bit shaky aswell, probably struggling with the weight.
u4m1r
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by cowsforsale)
No offense, but it was no were close.

I was suprised that you said you did 150 5x5 squat but could only do 180x1 deadlift.
Yeah now I realise I can't actually do 150 5x5 lol so now both my Squat and Deadlift are rubbish
SMed
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
lol, I lol'd. Each rep got progressively higher than the last. I don't really understand how you don't know if they were deep enough? No need to ATG like some of the other monkeys here are ranting about, but you need to get below parallel. Lower it to 120kg and work back up.

I mainly lol'd at the belt falling off at the end, that was hilarious. Get a real belt.
RedHotButter
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
leg length vs torso length has a huge amount to do with squat/DL ratio.... height/build is secondary. And don't say they're related.... long legs vs short legs has nothing to do with ones natural henchness or morphic-ness.
Chumbaniya
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by RedHotButter)
leg length vs torso length has a huge amount to do with squat/DL ratio.... height/build is secondary. And don't say they're related.... long legs vs short legs has nothing to do with ones natural henchness or morphic-ness.
Definitely agree here. Whatever the level of training and body type someone has, it always seems that shorter legs and a longer torso means a better squat, and the opposite means a better deadlift. It's just tall people very often have a higher leg:torso ratio (hence why they are tall) and are probably more often identified as ectomorphs because if you're tall it's much easier to look skinny and much more difficult to put on enough mass to stop looking skinny.
RedHotButter
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I always thought it was a male thing to have short legs (as well as caucasian/asian).... whilst blacks and indians have longer legs?

And women tend to have long legs and shorter torsos. Not too sure about the race thing... thats just sthn I've personally seen.

(Original post by Chumbaniya)
Definitely agree here. Whatever the level of training and body type someone has, it always seems that shorter legs and a longer torso means a better squat, and the opposite means a better deadlift. It's just tall people very often have a higher leg:torso ratio (hence why they are tall) and are probably more often identified as ectomorphs because if you're tall it's much easier to look skinny and much more difficult to put on enough mass to stop looking skinny.
Chumbaniya
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by RedHotButter)
I always thought it was a male thing to have short legs (as well as caucasian/asian).... whilst blacks and indians have longer legs?

And women tend to have long legs and shorter torsos. Not too sure about the race thing... thats just sthn I've personally seen.
I'm not aware of any general difference on the race front but you could well be right. It's certainly a male trait to have a longer torso relative to your legs, though, hence the ideal of female attractiveness typically involving (relatively) long legs.
Hugh-Jackman
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
yeah caucasians and east asians tend to have long torso and short legs.....hence the domination in strength sport and swimming....plus gymnastics.

then africans tend to have long legs and short torso.

my point before was more to do with if you have a 5ft 6 meso he most certainly will be squat dominant....same at 6ft but less so......now imo 6ft 3 seems to be the tipping point of about even maybe slightly more in favour of deadlift.......then when the meso's hit 6ft 6 its now in favour of deadlift.....due to having to move bar more on squats and also limbs tend to be longer.

that's why andre the giant was so special.....he had the proportions of a 5ft 6 meso on a monster 7ft + frame......a powerlifting coach knew him and he said with the right dedication he would of put the powerlifting records to bed.....but he chose wrestling and alcohol.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (757)
80.36%
Leave (185)
19.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise