Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simplicity)
    Inheritance tax cut. Only tax they would cut.
    So you would prefer families to work their lives and protect their future only to face a reduction in this sum as opposed to those who don't value such ideals?

ReputationRep:
    Which would mainly affect the middle classes, not that it matters now though as Cameron has dropped his inheritance tax plans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polaroid13)
    Major coincidence then!

Yeh but what about all the people blindly saying to vote Lib Dem into power in the same manner that they got Rage Against the Machine or whatever to Xmas No.1?
    Haha good point, but I dont mind them as they dont talk down to people...and generally tend to shut up after abit, whereas the tories who I know/on internet keep going on and on...and they bore em

Also...belly dancing :woo: lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by butchered_wyer)
    Haha good point, but I dont mind them as they dont talk down to people...and generally tend to shut up after abit, whereas the tories who I know/on internet keep going on and on...and they bore em

Also...belly dancing :woo: lol
    Haha tbh I find that with anyone who is interested in Politics or thinks they know a lot about it - when actually all their sources and opinions are coming from the Daily Mail. (****, I joined the Daily Mail bandwagon, when I promised myself I wouldn't.)

I think and hope that David Cameron will change the stereotypical image that the majority have on the Tories.

Also it was time for a change (and tbf it was only ever going to change to a majority of Tory), I don't think it's good for any one government to be in charge for too long. Unless they create a Utopian type situation :p:

Haha is that belly dancing - I'm scared? Or belly dancing - I'm impressed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joluk)
    Which would mainly affect the middle classes, not that it matters now though as Cameron has dropped his inheritance tax plans.
    It will be rearing it's head in a few years no doubt.

ReputationRep:
    comments about the tories being "middle class" are ignorant and not even necessarily valid. the tories simply believe that people should have to work for their money more than the labour party seem to, and that people who work harder and thus put more money into the economy should be allowed to reap their own rewards. This isn't necessarily against "working-class" people because they don't say that working-class people cannot get money, but it's less about promoting an equal society, but more of perhaps a fair one: people who work harder and achieve more should receive more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeanK22)
    So you would prefer families to work their lives and protect their future only to face a reduction in this sum as opposed to those who don't value such ideals?
    People should make their own way in life and not mooch of parents. Surely, you do believe that the most able should be in the top and not because they had rich parents.

(Original post by Joluk)
    It would have saved Cameron 6 million, and some for his other Eton friends. I guess a million is chicken feed to conservatives. Anyway, I didn't understand how they afford the tax cut in the first place, surely taxes should be raised not cut now?

ReputationRep:
    And they offered to scrap it without the LibDems even asking Reportedly Cameron hated the idea, but was under pressure from the more extremist backbenchers to have something in his manifesto to please the bureaucrats, or he would face revolt for not being traditional 'Tory' enough. He dropped it at the first excuse he found.

ReputationRep:
    Surely taxes should be raised not cut now?
    The government can't spend its way out of debt. The best thing to do is put more money into the public sector (and not just the rich - an idea I hate) to get the economy moving again.

ReputationRep:
    People should make their own way in life and not mooch of parents. Surely, you do believe that the most able should be in the top and not because they had rich parents.
    You are entirely misinterpreting the principle - the money is not an incentive to "mooch of parents" simply the result of being successful and being careful so that future generations of your family will benefit.

I don't understand your remark about "most able in the top" - I believe it to be trying to address the fact that "able" people should have positions of "importance" - it is rare for smeone to be in such a position without being extremely gifted, intelligent, ruthless or well mentored.

ReputationRep:
    We like gin. A lot. Unless it is cheap gin like Gordons.
    Not impartial to some Champagne either.
    Drinking is at the top of our priorities, usually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig_D)
    The government can't spend its way out of debt. The best thing to do is put more money into the public sector (and not just the rich - an idea I hate) to get the economy moving again.
    It can't also cut its way out of debt as there would be less money being taken into to reduce debt. Its just the worst thing would be to cut taxes for the rich, how under inheritance tax would be up a few millions. Anyway, this is pointless as we got someone with a B in GCSE maths in charge of our economy.

ReputationRep:
    Plagiarism.

Horses.

One MP to play The Bumbling Fool.

Blue.

Fry and Laurie.

Classic FM.

(Only on TSR would this thread be treated as Serious Business )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Plagiarism.

Horses.

One MP to play The Bumbling Fool.

Blue.

Fry and Laurie.

Classic FM.

(Only on TSR would this thread be treated as Serious Business )
    The creators of some of England's finest comedy sketches there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToryGirl)
    We like gin. A lot. Unless it is cheap gin like Gordons.
    Not impartial to some Champagne either.
    Drinking is at the top of our priorities, usually.
    Banter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polaroid13)
    Haha tbh I find that with anyone who is interested in Politics or thinks they know a lot about it - when actually all their sources and opinions are coming from the Daily Mail. (****, I joined the Daily Mail bandwagon, when I promised myself I wouldn't.)

I think and hope that David Cameron will change the stereotypical image that the majority have on the Tories.

Also it was time for a change (and tbf it was only ever going to change to a majority of Tory), I don't think it's good for any one government to be in charge for too long. Unless they create a Utopian type situation :p:

Haha is that belly dancing - I'm scared? Or belly dancing - I'm impressed?
    Good points, im one of few people who is looking forward to the coalition, and belly dancing is goooooood! haha :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeanK22)
    You are entirely misinterpreting the principle - the money is not an incentive to "mooch of parents" simply the result of being successful and being careful so that future generations of your family will benefit.

I don't understand your remark about "most able in the top" - I believe it to be trying to address the fact that "able" people should have positions of "importance" - it is rare for smeone to be in such a position without being extremely gifted, intelligent, ruthless or well mentored.
    That is the same thing to me. At the end of the day if you are taken money of your parents you are mooching of them, I guess if you are in education then its not that bad. But, getting a house from your parent and a ton of money is mooching. Make your own money, don't depend on your parents.

George Osborne is a good example, how the man is chancellor I will never know. But, he doesn't strike me as gifted, intelligent or ruthless or even well mentored. Just some toff who went to Eton and is in the Bullingdon club.

P.S. Anyway, the point I'm trying to make if you are able you shouldn't need hands out from daddy or mummy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CandyFlipper)
    Hey, you know more then a lot of people just from that, and you talk a lot of sense too. I love the con/dem coalition, and I look forward to the next 5 years politically (and I say that knowing full well what it going to happen during it in terms of cuts.)
    That isn't very libertarian at all.

For example, the coalition government supports raising the capital gains tax from 18% to over 40%, more than a 200% increase, which would be disastrous for the economy.

Just another example of the coalition's governments leftist policies.

ReputationRep:
    That is the same thing to me. At the end of the day if you are taken money of your parents you are mooching of them, I guess if you are in education then its not that bad. But, getting a house from your parent and a ton of money is mooching. Make your own money, don't depend on your parents.
    Glad to know when you were born you started working in the mines from day one - you really paved your way without your parents. Unfortunately I lost my pick axe after I left the hospital - careless.

George Osborne is a good example, how the man is chancellor I will never know. But, he doesn't strike me as gifted, intelligent or ruthless or even well mentored. Just some toff who went to Eton and is in the Bullingdon club.
    The attack on private education is tireing - he didn't go to eton, he did go to Oxford and wasn't a memeber of the Bullingdon club. You have a huge chip on your shoulder that is annoying - you seem to think everyone from Oxford or Eton is a snob.

[/QUOTE]P.S. Anyway, the point I'm trying to make if you are able you shouldn't need hands out from daddy or mummy.[/QUOTE]

You are boring me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by butchered_wyer)
    Good points, im one of few people who is looking forward to the coalition, and belly dancing is goooooood! haha :p:
    :yep: Interesting times ahead.
    Undoubtedly times which will be clouded with people ignorantly ****ging off or people expecting dramatic results straight away.
    Haha it's even better for the dancer!

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.