Do body types exist? Watch

AdaD
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Chumbaniya)
I'm not exactly an expert on this but in my experience it's almost always the case that someone with short limbs compared to their torso is better at squatting whilst someone with longer limbs is better at deadlifting. Obviously longer arms help help on the deadlift (less far to pull) and don't do anything for the squat, and also shorter legs help on the squat quite a lot (better leverage) but don't really do much for the deadlift (shorter legs mean you just start with your hips lower to have your shoulders in the right place). Or at least this is how I understand it.
Never thought about this before but it may explain why my deadlift is progressing much more quickly than my squat - long limbs. Never really considered the length of my torso.
TheQueenOfComputerScience
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by pearlearrings)
But I agree with you, Chumbaniya, people do tend to label themselves and use it as a reason why they are limited. There are some things that do have to be accepted - like bone structure, and where you will carry fat. After that, it's all fair game :p:
I used to label myself as a big assed person thinking I would never be able to do much with it. After alot of working out its gotten much smaller and perkyer and nicer :yep:.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1460)
79.61%
Leave (374)
20.39%

Watched Threads