But not rearry
Because it's fihring my body with rage

I'm the smartest most crever most physicarry fit
But nobody else seems to rearize it
When I change the world maybe they'll notice me
But until then I'rr just be ronery
Rittle ronery, poor rittle me

I'm so ronery

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I'M ACTUALLY DYIING BECAUSE I WAS GOING TO WRITE THIS WHEN I FIRST SAW THIS POST THEN FELT BAD LOOOOOOL !!
My best advice is for you to get a part time job of some sort. That way, you'll meet a bunch of people around your age (presumably) and be forced into social interaction. Then with the job, comes money. And because you'll have money, you'll be more likely to go out with the people from work. I've definitely become a bit more sociable from work. Consider it.
The answer to your problem seems to be to get a job! Go out and do something, I know it's hard right now but hand cvs in anywhere you can. With money you then at least have a platform with which to meet people, whatever interests you have look for some social event involving them. Basically you need to be more pro active.
**** the rest..! happy birthday mate.. :woo:
thejonsmith
I'm So Ronery
So ronery
So ronery and sadry arone

There's no one
Just me onry
Sitting on my rittle throne
I work rearry hard and make up great prans
But nobody ristens, no one understands
Seems like no one takes me serirousry

And so I'm ronery
A rittle ronery
Poor rittle me

There's nobody
I can rerate to
Feel rike a bird in a cage
It's kinda sihry
But not rearry
Because it's fihring my body with rage

I'm the smartest most crever most physicarry fit
But nobody else seems to rearize it
When I change the world maybe they'll notice me
But until then I'rr just be ronery
Rittle ronery, poor rittle me

I'm so ronery

Is it just me or the Ls are replaced by Rs..?

God.. Im slow
Reply 26
Ok first, happy birthday :smile:
Second, just get out there. Today call up anybody you know that might be around or willing for a trip out, or someone you've always wanted to get closer to and just.. go somewhere new, catch a bus to the next town or something and go shopping.. anything. Tomorrow, find a job and join a club :smile:
Reply 27
Happy birthday to you, and might I just add that the sunlight rises before the darkest hour!
I'm sure you'll get by and I can empathize with how lonely you feel
well to begin with you could ******* grow up.

blaming all your failures on your school..maybe its you.

i GCSE exams on my bday, A-levels on my bday and using that as an excuse for not celebrating is straight up ****. i just delayed my bday, when exams finished me n mates all went out for my bday.

stop being so depressed and looking to blame things on everything but yourself.
work hard now. celebrate after exams.

also when you go to uni you could pretend your bday is on some other date and celebrate it then. no one will know.
Reply 30
OhNO!
Go and work in America or Australia or Canada for a few months. Go and work at a ski resort. Go and live on a kibbutz. Go and work grape-picking in the South of France.

These are good ideas :top:
Reply 31
Happy Birthday :smile:
Smile :smile:
Many people don't celebrate there birthdays. At least you got a cake and presents. Some people don't even get that. So it could be worse.

I had an exam on my 16th and hardly any of my friends remembered it was my Birthday, despite me reminding them the day before (on another exam). This year I've got an exam the day before.

As other people have said, get rid of facebook, people put too much importance on what people put on facebook.
Reply 32
Happy Birthday :smile: :smile:...
I'd start by getting your CV up to date, then talk a walk round for a few hours and hand it into shops etc that you like the look of.
It's suprising how many friends you can make from getting a part-time job!
Then maybe when you start making some money & a few friends you can do things like get on a train & go tons of new places. Trains arent that costly...I go on one quite often.
Also..what about your mum?, maybe you should try bonding with her more...my mums actually one of my best friends! we do quite alot together these days. & even your sister..try & get more involved with her...ask her to come back from her boyfriends on like a saturday evening so you can spend sunday together.
Look online for classes/clubs that your interested in...art classes, salsa classes, evening classes at college....there's so much waiting out there for you :biggrin:.
Good luck hun xx
Anonymous
The highlight of the day for me was my presents and a cake which lasted all but half an hour after which everybody departed ways and I went back to my bedroom. I feel like I have wasted my youth doing jack ****.

Ungrateful sod.
Reply 34
Wow, that doesn't sound good.

Anyway, first of all, I have to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Then, I guess other commentaries have already told you what to do, I mean... going to a college (you could do an apprenticeship, for example, or a BTEC, or more A-levels), you could travel and work somewhere, etc.

Look, I always was considered at my old school the "genius" guy, somehow. Not that I am, but maybe the level was low, and I was considered so. Last year I did my GCSEs (well, Spanish counterparts, ESO), and moved to a very expensive private school for my A-levels (in fact, Spanish Baccalaureate). I've been there for three months, then left and haven't returned. Why? Well, I fell ill. I fell ill, and kinda taking profit on that, I realised that I hate that posh and rich school. My parents are not rich, just saved for me to go there because Spanish state colleges (institutos) kinda suck, at least where I live. And I didn't like it in there.

Now, I am starting distance-learning A-levels, studying at home, so my situation is kinda similar in that way: we both are at home all the time. I don't really get out with my friends from the old school. Sometimes we meet up, but oddly. Reason: they have their group, with people that are not really my friends. I know them, they're nice, but I am still a little awkward. Besides, they go to a near disco all the Saturdays, and I have always despised going out to a club/disco. I'm weird, I know. I have some really good friends, with those I meet up quite often, but they're a small group. And, you know? Nobody knows we meet up, because we take no photos, and even if we do we never upload them to Facebook or anywhere. Because we believe we don't have to waste time in showing others what we do. People are surprised when it comes to a convo that we meet up at least (and this when it's exams time) once a month for lunch or dinner, etc.
Also, one of my very good friends lives in India, and though he's coming back to Spain soon, he'll live some 100km away. And another of these friends is leaving for Italy next year (he'll live there for two years).
So, as you see, things are not easy. And anyway, I think: well, perhaps things will get better. And I value a lot what I already have. It is not much, but it is something. And believe me it wasn't easy, some years ago I would feel absolutely excluded from my class (we've been together for 12 years, you can imagine how it hurts), but now it is fine.

I don't know, I wish you the best of luck. If you want to PM me, my inbox is open. If you don't, it's open too. But just try to be happy and, step by step, try to get out a little more.

Good luck. :smile:
Reply 35
I'm on an unplanned gap year too (but only a single year thank god) so I know what you mean! It makes you feel completely empty when all your friends have gone away, and to top it all off they completely forget about you and spend their whole time enjoying themselves. I can only suggest you get out more often, try some societies or groups and maybe get a job if you can (not in a supermarket though it just makes things worse!). I joined a political group and since then I feel i've had a lot more to do in my area, which i'm not even native to. I went to an athletics club for a while too, which is great fun and ofc you meet new people. If that's a bit much for you there are light jogging/running or cycling groups who are usually quite open and friendly.

It's really hard to make new friends at an age where people are either at uni or starting work. Any years not doing either of those things will feel wasted and be very depressing if you don't find anything to keep your mind eased. :console:
Reply 36
happy birthday

pm me if you ever want someone to chat to
Hmmmmmm, I only started Uni when I was 22, but when I was 18 I did camp america, when I was 19 I moved to cambridge for a year, then essex, and now I am in Uni.

I spent my last birthday (my 23rd) sitting a lifeguard exam at 10pm... trust me get yourself a job for something to do, get something in customer services so you are talking to people... and you'll make friends with the people you work with etc :biggrin:

You can sit and think forever, but eventually you run out of time to do.
Reply 38
OhNO!
Lots of people do need others though, that's perfectly natural and healthy. Just sitting around doing very little to nothing all day is a waste of your time and a waste of your life - especially when the OP is in such a brilliant position to go off and do something exciting.

I think it's really unfortunate to think of friends as just people who are out to exploit you - that's so not true. Friendship can be one of the most enriching and rewarding experiences in life.

I don't fully follow, why does not needing people automatically mean that you're "sitting around all day"? I can't help but take that very personally (if you're suggesting there's a direct link between reclusiveness and time wasting, which you are, then you're heavily implying that I've automatically never done anything worthwhile - and never will - and I'm not certain why anyone gets to judge me in that way, I certainly wouldn't do it back). Some of the people who have furthest advanced human knowledge have been people that preferred having time alone. You can still go and do brilliant things, it depends what you're definition of brilliant things are - but either way it's something that's completely relative to the person, who are we to judge how another person uses their life? If your definition of brilliant things is to open a bar, then you may well need other people, however if it's to be a musician, an artist, a scientist, a mathematician, a writer, a historian,, etc (like it is to me), then I don't see where a popularity contest comes into it at all. Are you saying that Newton, Babbage, Van Gogh, etc never did anything worthwhile? I dislike the link that reclusive = lazy, and social = productive, it's a link that I don't think exists at all. Most of the social people I have known just spend their time getting drunk with their friends, which I hardly consider to be a worthwhile existence, compared to my own or not. However, if someone considers their life to be brilliant and productive then I won't disagree, because it's relative to the individual mindset, and what's brilliant to one person might not be so brilliant to someone else. I say that we should just stick to judging our own lives.
Reply 39
Craig_D
I don't fully follow, why does not needing people automatically mean that you're "sitting around all day"?

It doesn't, but you said the OP should be content with her life. SHE's said that she doesn't really do anything with her time. I think that's a waste. I wasn't talking about you, or talking generally - I was talking about the person who posted the topic.

Latest

Trending

Trending