Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

Gloria De Piero anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Harriet Harman, is the woman for the job. Such a great record while in government,did so much for equal opportunities and show'd such loyalty to her husband by helping him get a seat . She also knows how to put men like me in our places.Please put Harriet in.

Seriously, if Labour had any decent women candidates, that might be a good stick to beat the tories and especially the libdems with, as they show a distinct lack of skirt on the front benches. As lets face it women do represent around 50 percent of the population. However, due to Labours decision to go with all women shortlists ,they show a distinct lack of talent.

Only two can I name as showing either competence or spunk. Yvette Cooper, (competent,but ruled herself out) and Caroline flint (spunk ,will go for the oppositions throats, is quite sexy in a rough way, but sadly was a bit of a traitor to Gordon because she didn't get the job she wanted, pity as I like her ,despite her being leftist vermin )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince Rhyus)

Gloria De Piero anyone?

Would be great for draining my balls, but she's a new girl isn't she. She hasn't held any serious position of state yes and hasn't even been chief whip (phooor) . Although judging by what we saw last parliament,a woman holding a serious position of state doesn't mean they are any good, caused really by an obsession with equal opportunities, when a woman who knew what she was doing in those jobs would have been much more impressive.

Perhaps they should examine why our best and brightest women are not putting themselves forward for parliament ,rather that forcing a certain number of women,of differing abilities onto the lists because they are women.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.