David Villa Signs for Barcelona Watch

Isometrix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
if they get Fabregas too i will actually cry.
Vitamin Sea
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Arguably one of the most clinical strikers strikers in Europe over the past few years. Good deal.

What's going to happen to Ibrahamovic though? Surely they can't accommodate both Ibrahamovic and Villa in their usual formation. Unless they continue playing Messi behind the strikers.

edit: if they get Fabregas as well I'd say they're set to dominate european football for another 3-4 years at least.
goodmen
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Is this going to open some sort of Fabregas for Ibrahimovich deal? Ibra would be wicked at Arsenal. I mean he's lazy, arrogant and not willing to get stuck in. The only downside is he doesn't get injured that often so maybe Wenger will stay away.
Isometrix
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Why would Arsenal want/need another striker...they should sell him to Man City who seem to love collecting them like action figures.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Didn't see that one happening!

Spoiler:
Show
:rolleyes:
goodmen
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Isometrix)
Why would Arsenal want/need another striker...they should sell him to Man City who seem to love collecting them like action figures.
Do you not follow football much? Arsenal have one good striker in Robin Van Persie, if he gets injured they have no one else. You know like how it happened this season when they had to play Arshavin up front?
Singh_2
Badges: 1
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Vitamin Sea)
Arguably one of the most clinical strikers strikers in Europe over the past few years. Good deal.

What's going to happen to Ibrahamovic though? Surely they can't accommodate both Ibrahamovic and Villa in their usual formation. Unless they continue playing Messi behind the strikers.

edit: if they get Fabregas as well I'd say they're set to dominate european football for another 3-4 years at least.
Villa---flopimovic---Messi
Tsukuyomi
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I heard that they are offering ibra to chelsea or man city. And henry is living. I heard toure i also leaving for arsenal and will be bait for signing fabregas.
Damn imagine if barca play my favourite formation; 4-1-3-2

Valdes
Alves Puyol Pque Abidal
Keita
Fabregas Xavi Enista
Messi Villa
Isometrix
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by goodmen)
Do you not follow football much? Arsenal have one good striker in Robin Van Persie, if he gets injured they have no one else. You know like how it happened this season when they had to play Arshavin up front?
aren't you getting Chamakh this summer? What are you going to do with him then. And Bendtner...and Eduardo...having that many strikers is pointless.
Stu Laverty
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I believe Villa will probably be put in Henry's old position, so the front three would be:

--Villa--Ibrahimovic--Messi--

Seems pretty reasonable, especially since they'll all pretty much be given free roles. Ibrahimovic likes to move out to the wings meaning Villa will likely move into the centre for a lot of the match.

Personally, I don't even think they need Fabregas, not this season at least. They've got a far superior version of Fabregas in the side already. I'd think they'd be better off buying Mascherano. A midfield of Xavi, Mascherano and Iniesta would be much better.
gingerrama
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by MancBoy)
Too old. Too expensive. Don't think he could have handled the prem league.
And you were saying all this when he was linked with us were you?
Loving-It!
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
This was bound to happen some time in this transfer window and it did. A great signing for Barcelona,and surely he will deliver their needs in the game.
Now that this big signing has took place it will spice up the transfers for the big clubs willing to challenge for the Champions League.

I disagree to the above point that one made,he would have been a shining star with a team like Arsenal,Chelsea or Man Utd,and he still is :P
MancBoy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by gingerrama)
And you were saying all this when he was linked with us were you?
I was actually. He is a good player but I think the fee is too much for a player that age and the fact that he has never played in the prem. Quite frankly I don't think we NEED world class player to win things. I think the united team now is enough to win us trophies. We narrowly lost the prem and champs league. Injuries and inexperience cost us. Not the lack of a world class striker. If Owen was fit I think our season would have been much different.
gingerrama
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by MancBoy)
I was actually. He is a good player but I think the fee is too much for a player that age and the fact that he has never played in the prem. Quite frankly I don't think we NEED world class player to win things. I think the united team now is enough to win us trophies. We narrowly lost the prem and champs league. Injuries and inexperience cost us. Not the lack of a world class striker. If Owen was fit I think our season would have been much different.
Fair enough then, just think it'd be bs if you were one of those people who jizz their pants at the idea of signing a player then crap on about how he's not all that if he goes elsewhere
Phonicsdude
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Real Madrid with Mourinho at the helm will beat Barcelona.

Also I now have doubts over Fabregas moving to Barcelona. Xavi, Iniesta and Messi are undroppable. So is a holding player (not Fabregas). That leaves two slots for:
Villa
Ibra
Pedro
Bojan

And that's without Fab. Villa will start so if Cesc does move then Ibra will be on the bench or moving on. How likely do we think that is? Will Barca write off £20m in one season AND find someone willing to pay his £6mill a year wages? Hmmm or will he sit on the bench?

Im sceptical.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
So Owen was a risk to Utd and not just a risk for himself as I said all along.
Barça
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Phonicsdude)
Real Madrid with Mourinho at the helm will beat Barcelona.

Also I now have doubts over Fabregas moving to Barcelona. Xavi, Iniesta and Messi are undroppable. So is a holding player (not Fabregas). That leaves two slots for:
Villa
Ibra
Pedro
Bojan

And that's without Fab. Villa will start so if Cesc does move then Ibra will be on the bench or moving on. How likely do we think that is? Will Barca write off £20m in one season AND find someone willing to pay his £6mill a year wages? Hmmm or will he sit on the bench?

Im sceptical.
Mourinho is now suddenly God in Italy ehh :rolleyes: Real without Mourinho can beat us, so can any other team. We are hard to beat but you make it sound as if Jose has a winning formula for everything, Inter lost twice to Barca this season remember?

Iniesta can move out on the wing, or Fabregas can be used in rotation. Either way it's his call, if he is so bothered about starting every game then we will stay at Arsenal as simple as that. Ibra will also stay, that is unless Mancini is really interested, it would be silly to get rid of him now unless a gigantic fee was received.
CB91
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Why the hell are people saying Villa is too old? :lolwut:

He's 28 and has another 4 years at his prime.
Stalin
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
$49m(roughly £34m) according to Al Jazeera.

If Barca don't win La Liga and the Champions League for the next 5 years I'll be damned.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by CB91)
Why the hell are people saying Villa is too old?
Because you get numpties who claim teams are too old and then they go on to win the league. :rolleyes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (381)
79.54%
Leave (98)
20.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise