How are you getting to the UK? Watch

Tabmas08
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
I am taking an 11 hour flight
Cape Town International - London Heathrow and then still figuring out how Iam gona get from Heathrow to the LSE res.Sadly they don't provide airport transportation for International students:mad: .
Iam travelling alone so it will have to be my 25kgs worth of precious items in my suitcase, hand luggage and Passport accompanying me.
AnonymousPenguin
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Tabmas08)
I am taking an 11 hour flight
Cape Town International - London Heathrow and then still figuring out how Iam gona get from Heathrow to the LSE res.Sadly they don't provide airport transportation for International students:mad: .
Iam travelling alone so it will have to be my 25kgs worth of precious items in my suitcase, hand luggage and Passport accompanying me.
Getting from airports to the centre of London is really easy. You can book everything online in advance, if you want. If you want it to be supper easy (but quite expensive) just book the Heathrow express. Lugging 25kg around the subway is a b*tch though and I've been warned of robbers :/ .
Tabmas08
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by AnonymousPenguin)
Getting from airports to the centre of London is really easy. You can book everything online in advance, if you want. If you want it to be supper easy (but quite expensive) just book the Heathrow express. Lugging 25kg around the subway is a b*tch though and I've been warned of robbers :/ .
Thank you
How expensive is the Heathrow Express coz all the info I read says how expensive it is.There is a guide of how to get to my res..but its just not fun when you are doing it alone.
AnonymousPenguin
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Tabmas08)
Thank you
How expensive is the Heathrow Express coz all the info I read says how expensive it is.There is a guide of how to get to my res..but its just not fun when you are doing it alone.
Their website shows it's 16.50GBP. If I were you I'd use the Heathrow Connect (7.90 GBP according to wikipedia) and then use the Circle line from Paddington to get to the LSE.

Alternatively the Picadilly line to south kensington and then the circle line would be equally easy but would take longer. London transport is fairly straightforward and reasonably well marked. There's plenty of delays though.
kissurmojo
Report 8 years ago
Car from my house to Newark, Plane from Newark to Edinburgh. Car from airport to university.

Going with my dad - probably taking 3 bags. My dad and I are both frequent flyers so we can take 2 bags each up to 70 lbs. So I guess most things will fit in. Might travel in my heavy boots though.
Tabmas08
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by AnonymousPenguin)
Their website shows it's 16.50GBP. If I were you I'd use the Heathrow Connect (7.90 GBP according to wikipedia) and then use the Circle line from Paddington to get to the LSE.

Alternatively the Picadilly line to south kensington and then the circle line would be equally easy but would take longer. London transport is fairly straightforward and reasonably well marked. There's plenty of delays though.
Thank you...you are soo helpful.
Will def keep all that in mind and hopefully I will have a friend from London meet me so it shudn't be too bad.If Iam stranded, I will send you a quick message via TSR for assistance, since you seem well in the know.lol.
Tasabeeh
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Abu Dhabi or Dubai Airport ---> London Heathrow....a 9-hour flight
i really don't know how to pack light, i hope i can fit all my important stuff and laptop in 60 kilos !! My dad will be flying with me
charlybrown
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Going to Mexico City, flying to London for about 11 hours, and then I still don't know exactly how I'm getting to Oxford.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (101)
19.77%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (208)
40.7%
Nope, not that interesting (202)
39.53%

Watched Threads