Lotto winner Michael Carrol wants bin job back Watch

Collingwood
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ridiculous. You could live at middle/upper-middle class standard for the rest of your life just off the interest. Just goes to show that some people aren't poor for lack of opportunity.
-WhySoSerious?
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
To be honest, I doubt anyone at 19 who's just won £10 million would go and stick it in a bank account...some would obviously get used very quick, but i'd make sure to have at least a mill or two left after the crazy binge.
Meagz
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It seems to me like the lottery takes money off poor people and gives it to other poor people.
Cha'Mone93
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
:facepalm: idiot.
Antonia87
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I really cant stand it when lottery winners say things like "Oh nothing's gonna change in my life, I'm quite happy with my job and life as it is" - okay, well how about giving the money to people who are desperate to change their lives and arent happy with it as it is?
LowRider
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
With a million I could possibly live the rest of my life without working (20k a year until 70) thats without investing etc.

He had 10 million and now has to go back to support the kids. Shows how money can ruin some peoples lives and that just getting by is prob good for some people.

Imagine what the girls may think when theye older Dad become a multi millionair then blew it hookers ......
M1F2R3
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :))
Yea, you and your children could live off the interest.
Gold star.
Liquidus Zeromus
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
:rofl:

Just goes to show, chavs and money are not meant to be.

He must be the biggest fool in the world for throwing away much more than his life's productive income put together. :wtf:
LowRider
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
:rofl:

Just goes to show, chavs and money are not meant to be.

He must be the biggest fool in the world for throwing away much more than his life's productive income put together.
Whats with all this hating Chavs lots of people overspend when they become rich. It depends on the person.
tkwan196
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
to all the people who say they will put it all into an account and live off the interest: i'm pretty sure 90% of you wouldn't do that if you actually did win that much money.
username418231
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Some people have poor money management skills.
Collingwood
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tkwan196)
to all the people who say they will put it all into an account and live off the interest: i'm pretty sure 90% of you wouldn't do that if you actually did win that much money.
Why? At 3% that is like £300,000/year. Not exactly frugal living, just a step down from "go on a decade-long drug binge".
Liquidus Zeromus
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by LowRider)
Whats with all this hating Chavs lots of people overspend when they become rich. It depends on the person.
Sure, you could go on a massive spending binge. But anyone with an ounce of sense should realise that a huge wallet isn't the same as a bottomless one.
crazylemon
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Lack of foresight maybe, but he had fun.

I would probably still work if I won the lottery. Just less.
Sheo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
am I right in thinking he said hookers during that interview?

but £10m? what good use he made out of it :facepalm:
tkwan196
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Collingwood)
Why? At 3% that is like £300,000/year. Not exactly frugal living, just a step down from "go on a decade-long drug binge".
you think that right now, but when you do have 10 million, first thing: i should get a bigger house and since i have so much money i can afford to spend more than i need. second: i can get a car of my dreams, i hve ten million so why not get a ferrari or something? by the time you know it, you've spent much more than you planned already. theres nothing wrong with it, just human nature
xxxpenguinnnxxx
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Wow what a coincidence, i was recently thinking of playing the lottery for the first time
I dunno what i'd do with all that money, most probably save it, aaand maybe buy a few nice things
Don't know who i'd be able to tell though =/
Sephiroth
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I don't get how he could have nothing left. What happened to the expensive cars and whatever else he bought? Sure he took drugs but no one can spend millions on drugs.

People talk about living off the interest. It's a smart idea but surely you'd spend a million on nice things first. It would only be 10% less interest you'll be living off.
ManMountain92
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by Sephiroth)
I don't get how he could have nothing left. What happened to the expensive cars and whatever else he bought? Sure he took drugs but no one can spend millions on drugs.

According to wikipedia he bought:

As a multi-millionaire, the self-proclaimed "king of chavs,"[3] known by the press as the "Lotto Lout"[4], immediately bought four homes, a holiday villa in Spain, two convertible BMWs along with two Mercedes-Benz cars and several quad bikes. Sources close to him claim that Carroll, who wears a large amount of gold jewellery and has been in constant trouble with the law for using drugs and committing other crimes, has spent "untold thousands" on substance abus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael...lottery_winner)

Well at least he still has his wikipedia page
Nashy19
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
This is worthy of my facepalm. Why couldn't he have given the money to one of us :p:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (108)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
40.66%
Nope, not that interesting (216)
39.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed