Turn on thread page Beta

Tekken!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law92)
    Hey this is just a thread to talk about how good the Tekken series has been and is!!! since ps1 to now!

Anyone want to chat about this great fighting series?:woo:
    Lets be honest though. The soul series ****** PWNS tekken. I mean Soul Blade was just amazing.

ReputationRep:
    i loved tekken 3 on my ps1, still have it but theres just too many characters in the latest ones. still when i play it on my friends ps3, its still worthwhile. however, i have an xbox 360 and naturally bought it......xbox controller for tekken sucks...

ReputationRep:
    The Tekken controls are easy in comparison to Mortal Kombat.

Even fighting against the CPU on Tekken is easy on very hard level.

Although still Tekken > MK!

Oh and MK is hard as nails!

ReputationRep:
    Tekken 2 was amazing. One thing i hated about tekken 3 was that it did not have Kazuya (obviously the best) in it. I love any tekken games that have Kazuya my 2nd fave gaming character

ReputationRep:
    street fighter ftw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rj1990)
    I remember I had Tekken on PS1, my first ever game, along with actual soccer (OH MY GOD)

Tekken was awesome. Never been on any of the new stuff though.

Infact, ive never been on a PS3 or Xbox 360 haha!
    Same here I've never played a game on a PS3 on XBOX 360!

ReputationRep:
    Tekken 3 was amazing.

ReputationRep:
    Tekken tag is my fav because of the range of characters and the tagging mechanism is great.

Things started going wrong from tekken 4 onwards. They either messed up existing characters with weird costumes or changed move lists.

I have the latest one, tekken 6. They have started adding these insane characters for bosses, like azelea that big blue dragon, or nancy that robot. That campaign mode was pretty rubbish also. There's also way too many players now. I'd rather they brought back some previous players instead of adding these stupid new ones.

I doubt i'll be buying another tekken, and even though being a big tekken fan in my childhood, I'd like to see the series come to an end.

ReputationRep:
    Tekken 3 is the best fighting game ever. The rest of the series (after 3) have been really mediocre though...

ReputationRep:
    tekken 3 and tekken tag ftw

ReputationRep:
    When I was 7 or 8 I used to call King 'Lionman', simply because I didn't know his name.

Probably the best game I've ever played on the PlayStation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    I heard 6 was really ****
    It wasn’t as bad as people made it out to be. The main gripe I have with it is the God awful controls in the campaign/Tekken force mode. Still, I found it more entertaining than the overhyped Street Fighter 4...

And agreed jj1234567890123, Soul Blade was one of the finest fighting games Namco ever produced. It all went downhill after they swapped out Li Long for that puffy Elvis impersonator ‘Maxi.’

ReputationRep:
    love it! specially when your going head to head with some1 and both people are just squeezing every button on the control to get K.O

ReputationRep:
    Tekken is at the bottom of the Fighting Game pile...

ReputationRep:
    I bought Tekken 6 and didn't keep it for long. The last boss of Arcade Mode in particularly was frustrating, it wasn't unlikely for it to take around 10 attempts to defeat. Every other stage preceding him (apart from the bonus round) I would have no problem with, taking 1 or 2 attempts.

I agree with the controls for the campaign mode (can't remember what its called) being poor. I found myself having to use very few different moves for it too. Spamming Back, Back B/Circle with Brian seemed to be a viable method of playing which doesn't feel particularly entertaining.

I had it for the Xbox 360 and the D-pad on the official Xbox Handset is not very good for doing moves with.

I'm being rather negative about the game- I was disappointed and like I say I didn't keep it for long.

I have played Tekken 2, 3 and Tag Tournament in the past and used to love those games and the backstory of the characters.

Theres a game out for the Xbox 360 called Blazblue:Calamity Trigger which is a fighting game similar to Tekken which I would recommend, especially for someone disappointed with Tekken 6. The characters are all in 2D (Like in Street Fighter 2 which I think was on the SNES). The game's art style is like a japanese cartoon. The pace is faster than Tekken 6 and it has special moves. It is a polished and well made game.

Luke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt10101)
    :lol: At the cat !!! :lol:

Anyways, Tekken was amazing up to Tekken 3, from there it went down hill. I haven't bought a tekken game since Tekken 4, and the new ones were dross.

ReputationRep:
    Tekken!

ReputationRep:
    Holy christmas kittens how I used to love Tekken! 4 was the peak of it in my opinion. I wouldn't ever go back to it because it would taint the saintly image I hold of it.

ReputationRep:
    tekken <3
    I have yet to face an opponent which i'm unable to beat
    (my ps3's broken so i can't play online :P)

ReputationRep:
    Been playing Tekken since PSX days. I guess you can call me a 15 year Tekken Veteran lol. Anyway Im quite a serious tekken player, so if any of you got Tekken 6 on the PS3 (lol if u got it on 360), give me a shout and we can have some matches. I play with a range of characters too.

PSN ID - King-Nax

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.