Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by hxx)
    Pure bullsh!t.

So you see men as an accessory. What a healthy view of men.
    you men are just as bad, if not worse. You all want to have that pretty little thing on your arm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It's not. There are height threads on tsr where a lot (the majority) of girls are taller. It's just pure b.s. , it's like having a disability tbh.

I have never let it get to me until now, but it just makes life a lot tougher and its demoralising to see how girls always run to the 6ft+ guys.

I would never discriminate based on height.
    I am willing to concede that it slightly less than average for UK male which I believe is 5ft10- however the vast majority of girls are still below this height (the average being around 5ft4).
    I dont think TSR threads are anything to base results on
    Plus girls don't go out with guys because of their height
    I challenge you tomorrow to estimate the ratio of girls you see who are taller than you compared to shorter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thejonsmith)
    As always, I'll say this: it's not a big issue, it's only a little thing. It should be fairly easy to rise above it and move on with your life. If you meet the occasional girl who doesn't like you at the height you are, you just need to be the bigger man and accept it.
    How do you expect him to accept it when the vast majority of women wouldn't even go near him because he's short?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham22)
    you men are just as bad, if not worse. You all want to have that pretty little thing on your arm.
    Women have definitely become more worse than men. They simply just are more shallow and critical than men.

ReputationRep:
    Everybody get your best sexist remarks ready, I sense war a-comin'!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hxx)
    Pure bullsh!t.

So you see men as an accessory. What a healthy view of men.
    Yeah, along with my chihuahua and Jimmy Choo's. :no:

If I'm dressed up with my heels on, I don't want to be taller than my boyfriend. What a ridiculous thing to say. Therefore, taller men in my opinion are more attractive.

(Original post by hxx)
    Women have definitely become more worse than men. They simply just are more shallow and critical than men.
    Wow. And i see you have a sound source to back that statement up, and didn't pull it out of the air at all.

ReputationRep:
    I think your attitude to your height is more off putting than your height itself to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hxx)
    And girls have the audacity to say that men are primitive and shallow :rolleyes:
    Everybody is primitive and shallow. Guys and girls. For example, would you date somebody who is obese?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    , it's like having a disability tbh.
    Thats quite insulting to people with genuine disabilities tbh. Being short is hardly a disabillity, people have far worse things and live with it on a daily basis and don't complain. Besides 5ft7 isn't horrendously short in the first place, I know far shorter guys who really couldn't care either way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingPin)
    I dont think TSR threads are anything to base results on.
    Go to other forums for women and you will see the same. The vast majority of women won't date guys that are 5'7" or shorter.

(Original post by KingPIn)
    Plus girls don't go out with guys because of their height.
    Not true at all.
    There is a principle called "falling in love within a framework" which explains that subconsciously women only allow themselves to be attracted to men who meet very specific demands in terms of physical features (including height!), success, wealth and status. All other guys no matter how intelligent, nice, self-confident, good-natured etc., will get screened out before they are even seriously considered. In order to get the same respect (and attention), the short guy has to be A LOT better than the tall guy in other aspects. Better is not enough, he has to be a LOT better.
    The old advice that you can get any woman you want, even if you are short, fat, poor and ugly, as long as you are self-confident, is utter nonsense spewed by clueless people.

ReputationRep:
    Quit being a ****** and find a girl around 5ft tall.

most the men in my family are short (5.5- 5.8) and they all have normal, happy lives. It's not a hinderance to anything ffs. FIND SHORTER WOMEN. And if that dosn't work, it's because your personality blows donkey balls.

ReputationRep:
    Growth hormones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shakaa)
    liking the avatar :gah:
    Thanks. It's a tribute to Jiraiya-sama :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hxx)
    And girls have the audacity to say that men are primitive and shallow :rolleyes:
    And guys have the audacity to say women are sentimental and emotional.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham22)
    Wow. And i see you have a sound source to back that statement up, and didn't pull it out of the air at all.
    And you claimed that men are more shallow than men without having a source.
    I still have no doubt that women are at least as shallow as men. Just look at the increased focus on mens looks and bodies. It's everywhere in the society and media. The pressure also comes from women, who expect guys to be tall, good-looking, muscular, well-endowed etc. Women put way more pressure on men than vice versa.
    Most of the pressure on women comes from women themselves. Guys often say that they don't worry about wobbly bits and cellulite, but women don't show the same tolerance when it comes to mens bodies.

(Original post by hxx)
    How do you expect him to accept it when the vast majority of women wouldn't even go near him because he's short?

No, unless i'm great and a leader of some sort i am not taken seriously. It's been shown throughout history that this is the case. Most of the greatest/most infamous men in history have been short men. (Napoleon, Messi, Bruce Lee, Stalin).

Women just look at you and dismiss you straight away because you don't seem powerful, sad truth.

Also, they are so drowned in hypocriscy a lot of the time that they don't even realise how they are thinking.

Many people don't know what it is like feeling ignored and weak because of such a trivial matter. But then again they don't need to live with it.

Of course it gives me short man syndrome, it'd be unusual for it not to.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't going to make a new thread on this so here goes:

Girls, what would you consider to be an ideal (or just a good) height for a guy to be? I'm personally 189 cm (6' 2.5" for those of you who still use that outdated and impractical imperial system of measurement) and I just love my height since I'm a bit taller than most of the guys out there but I am not freakish basketball player like tall. Females, what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingPin)
    5ft7 is a pretty average height
    Not If you're a Samon
    I like Samon :ahee:

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.