Turn on thread page Beta

How did you find your sex buddy? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Met in a club, ended up as friends, one thing lead to another and it became a regular arrangement.

I just got drunk with a male friend one night, stayed at his, stuff happened...and it keeps happening. We have said to each other it won't develop into anything more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tropical-twist3)
    Ahahaahahahahahahahah **** you. Tbh though, I'd be ok with ******* a friend, you've already got the trust and friendship there and I wouldn't let that change after having a bit of fun. I suppose it depends and you have to be careful, but I don't think there is much of a friendzone, or it's certainly not as much of a prison as everyone makes out.
    Talking of ******* friends... we're pretty close now, eh? :teehee:

Not to mention my incredible discretion and freedom from STIs, crabs and body odour.

Not sure on screwing a friend, I could imagine it getting a little complicated, with possible repercussions if you try and stress that it was supposed to be about nothing more than sex.

ReputationRep:
    I find my sex buddy locked in the cupboard under the stairs. Yes, my sirname is Fritzl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    .....I really don't want to pick up some sleazy type from a club/pub.....I don't know how to tell him I only want sex whilst also making it clear that I want him to respect me and like (but not love:p: ) me as a person.

Most hilarious combination i've ever seen. Sorry to burst your bubble, most **** buddy situations involve tools/users who won't respect you or care about you. Grow up please.

ReputationRep:
    With a rag of chloroform and a balaclava. Works every time. :top:

Jesting aside, she wasn't a sex buddy per se. She was an ex who I got a bit too friendly towards about a year after we'd split up and things went from there. Wasn't a sex buddy because no intercourse took place. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    I walked around at 7am with my meat feast out asking people if they wanted bed and breakfast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thejonsmith)
    Talking of ******* friends... we're pretty close now, eh? :teehee:

Not to mention my incredible discretion and freedom from STIs, crabs and body odour.

Not sure on screwing a friend, I could imagine it getting a little complicated, with possible repercussions if you try and stress that it was supposed to be about nothing more than sex.
    Ahahahahahaha

Yeah thats the thing, with some people it would be fine but with others you couldn't do it if you think it could get messy, you'd have to be on the same wavelength otherwise it wouldn't work out.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest with you, even though it's not socially accepted for girls to be sluts / ****s and just wanting sex... It's actually human nature and I don't blame you.

The fact that your a girl should make life a hell lot easier for you to have sex where / whenever you want. I'm not sure if I know a single guy that will probably say No if you offer him sex.

All I can really say is to get yourself out there. Meet a guy, get friendly with him and have sex eailer on. Just let him know you don't really want a full relationship at the moment but your happy to keep things casual if he is.... and I doubt he'd turn it down.

Problem is... You will probarly become emotional attached at some point down in the line, even he might and then well thats when the fun begins and you move on.

ReputationRep:
    Ahahahahahaha

Yeah thats the thing, with some people it would be fine but with others you couldn't do it if you think it could get messy, you'd have to be on the same wavelength otherwise it wouldn't work out.
    Even if you start on the same wavelength though, you can never fully prepare for someone who develops feelings along the way. Probably better to play it safe and go for someone outside the friend circle, in case that does happen.

ReputationRep:
    Even if you start on the same wavelength though, you can never fully prepare for someone who develops feelings along the way. Probably better to play it safe and go for someone outside the friend circle, in case that does happen.
    Yeah but with some people it can be alright. Although I think it would also depend on how much you're seeing each other and stuff

ReputationRep:
    How do you do this?

ReputationRep:
    I personally don't understand what the obsession is with worrying about developing feelings with someone you start out just having sex with (obviously as long as you're both single). Some guys I know would find having a girl say she thinks she might fancy them more than physically as cause for taking out a ******* restraining order.

To answer the original question I ended up meeting up with a girl from one of my seminar groups a few times last year but it just sort of fizzled out and she got a boyfriend and it ended (those latter two events sort of over-lapped without my knowledge actually!!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teofilo)
    I personally don't understand what the obsession is with worrying about developing feelings with someone you start out just having sex with (obviously as long as you're both single). Some guys I know would find having a girl say she thinks she might fancy them more than physically as cause for taking out a ******* restraining order.
    I mean more that if you're looking for nothing but sex, if they develop feelings and you want nothing more than sex, it can lead to complications.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MonsterMash)
    Most hilarious combination i've ever seen. Sorry to burst your bubble, most **** buddy situations involve tools/users who won't respect you or care about you. Grow up please.
    This.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    A close friend and I had just come out of a series of horrendous relationships, so we spent our nights getting drunk, watching movies, eating pizza, ****ging the opposite sex and, y'know, doing it. It was like a relationship with none of the commitment or angst.

Best thing I ever did, actually, it taught both of us a lot about what a good relationship was about. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but with some people it can be alright. Although I think it would also depend on how much you're seeing each other and stuff
    Yeah, obviously it's not always a 'risk', it's just a possible problem, inherently, if you're looking for nothing but sex.

Surely you'll see them a fair bit, or more depending on your "drive".

Isn't it more spending time that isn't solely focused on sex that leads to the development of feelings? I've heard that it's more to do with spending time in bed after the act etc, but obviously there's people that treat it as more than just a "booty call".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I can't wait for all the idiotic responses I'm going to get from this, but hopefully one or two useful ones will filter through. Keep anon or delete, for obvious reasons.

I'm a girl, I've not been in a relationship for a while, I'm very picky about relationships but I have a high libido and I would like to find someone to have sex with regularly without a relationship. I really don't want to pick up some sleazy type from a club/pub but nor do I want to potentially jeopardise any of my friendships with guys. And if a guy did come up to me on a night out and I liked him, I don't know how to tell him I only want sex whilst also making it clear that I want him to respect me and like (but not love:p: ) me as a person. I'm just wondering how those of you who have, er, '**** buddies', ended up in that situation. Thank you. And pppplllleeeaaazzzeee don't bore me with any comments along the lines of 'Here's how you find a sex buddy: by PM'ing me' or 'How can u ask him 2 respect u wen ur a **** lol', it's just not interesting.

I jeopardised one of my friendships for it. but it was worth it, i got loads of pussy

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, obviously it's not always a 'risk', it's just a possible problem, inherently, if you're looking for nothing but sex.

Surely you'll see them a fair bit, or more depending on your "drive".

Isn't it more spending time that isn't solely focused on sex that leads to the development of feelings? I've heard that it's more to do with spending time in bed after the act etc, but obviously there's people that treat it as more than just a "booty call".
    but you wouldn't necessarily see them every time you want sex, that would be too coupley...you might as well be joint at the hip and married.

Yeah but I mean, that can happen without sex altogether can't it?

ReputationRep:
    I mean more that if you're looking for nothing but sex, if they develop feelings and you want nothing more than sex, it can lead to complications.
    Yea fair enough. I just don't see the point of suppressing feelings if they develop.

I don't care if I develop feelings for someone I initially started having a casual shag with or someone I met in a cafe discussing 19th century French literature with.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.