Turn on thread page Beta

do nice guys always finish last?? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James69)
    How are nice guys not boring? Nice is the most vanilla thing. It's like...your not funny, or charming, or good looking, or exciting. That's what a 'nice guy' really is. Someone who can't be described in any other word.
    I think you've got it backwards. Nice guys can and usually are the funny and charming ones. Looks also has nothing to do with it as I know a really nice guy who doesn't have a bad word to say about anyone but is also a good looking guy or "handsome" considering I'm a guy.:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmileyGurl13)
    Boasting much
    Not really.. just the fact. I think im ugly, crap body etc. Just.. im nice, so nice guys dont always finish last

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by campy)
    My boyfriend is nice...? He's always sweet to me, would never be disrespectful, is kind to his friends and family...on the whole, he's genuinely quite nice.
    Quite nice? Very convincing :p:

ReputationRep:
    Never :fatcontroller:

ReputationRep:

I can't remember when I last finished first. Or finished, for that matter...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pRiiYa..x)
    Quite nice? Very convincing :p:
    Well, yes...how is it not? It would sound stupid to say 'he's genuinely really amazingly nice' and you often hear people saying things like 'oh, he's quite the piano player' when talking about someone who is really talented (or, really quite talented) therefore 'genuinely quite nice' seems, to me, to be a step-up from 'genuinely nice'.

I think about the words I use.

ReputationRep:
    Not in the long term, girls might think that they want all they want is excitement but as they grow up they will realise there is more to a relationship and realise that the guy is a douche.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmileyGurl13)
    Well I wouldn't go out with someone like that. Okay nice guys may not finish first with short term relationships but long term we want nice (well i do anyways)
    So in other words when girls are close to 30 and want to settle down?

ReputationRep:
    I would love a nice guy more than anything.
    I crave one.

But sadly they're all ugly, I'm shallow, and I get stuck with complete dicks.

Forget nice it doesn't get u anywhere. By that i also dont mean go out n turn nasty..jus be normal, ball up and show some authority wher its due. U wna make a statement/impact on someone to make them realise yes u r for real! Dont behave like a freak tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsukuyomi)
    I wouldnt say im a nice guy, but i wouldnt come between my gf and a random guy. Id like see how she reacts to the situation.
    I like being entertained
    LOOOOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwertyzxc)
    Well on another thread pretty much all girls said, they want excitement, to disobey they rules or they think they can change them. Destroying property and doing drugs are disobeying the rules aren't they? It would be nice for a girl to "change" that person.
    well that's the problem with many guys: from what you've written, you seem to think of girls as a uniform category: that they are all the same, etc.. however girls are soo different. and although you might think you would go for any girl on looks above a 5 rating (the amateur and superficial way of looking at women), given the chance,, or experiencing that,, would make a guy change his mind, or realize the faults in those wishes in hindsight. for e.g. if you look more closely at girls going after bad boys,, you would realize that they have no character, they couldn't go bad by themselves. they need someone else's influence to help them do what it is they want to do. they're obviously spoilt, and not rough at all lol. they think its cool to be bad, and are messed up, and will continue being messed up, learn their lesson too late, and lose allot on they way (career, good friends, prospects of a more meaningful life, relationships, health and looks, etc..). so i dunno why anyone would want to get with them.. they have nothing to offer but destructive non-creative personalities and hassle

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend is a 'nice guy'. He isn't a pushover or antyhing, but he is lovely and a true gentleman. :yep: Some of my other guy friends are rrally lovely but just havent found the right girl for them yet. I don't think nice guys necessarily come last, it justcomes down to personal taste. I would always go for the nice guy.

ReputationRep:
    No girl with anything about her goes for the nice guy.

ReputationRep:
    What he said ^

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.