Lucid Dreaming Watch

Pandaboo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I always do! It's often very sensual, and at times very sad. For some odd reason, sometimes when I lay down before I fall asleep I make up a scenario in my head - "OMG, imagine this happened to me....". I actually end up crying because I'm so overwhelmed by my own imagination.
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's kind of annoying because sometimes I do stuff I'm meant to do irl then wake up and think I've done it so don't do it.
Schott
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
For those that do it - I really want to do this but can't seem to get it to work. I can sometimes JUST ABOUT get myself to question whether its a dream, then I become weak and start believing it's real again. Any tips on going the extra mile?
MarcD
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have a lucid dream every 10 or so dreams and I dream every night without fail. I haven't had a night without a dream in probably 4-5 years. Love lucid dreams
trickz
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
What if you mix up dreams and reality and do something stupid?
Teveth
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by Dnator)
Don't you normally post threads about hating right wingers?
I don't hate anybody. I hate many right wing ideologies, policies and actions, though.

(Original post by mikeylfc1989)
Any advice on how to have them OP?
My best advice would be to immerse yourself in the subject. Read up on it, watch videos etc etc. Make your dreams a big part of your life, so when you wake up, write down what you have dreamt...as this will help familiarise your mind with the concept of dreaming. Once you are more familiar with the differences between the dream state and the waking state, it is more likely you will be able to induce a lucid dream in the future.

One of the best methods to induce them is to perform reality checks. So for example, throughout the day, count your fingers. This might sound silly, but if you do it during your waking state there is a good chance that you will eventually do it in your dream state...and when you do it's likely that you'll count 6 or more fingers...which should bring you to the realisation that you are dreaming...thus you are now lucid. Other reality checks include stwitching lightswitches on and off (because if you do this in your dream, the light will not go off) and pinching yourself. In addition to reality checks, simply telling your mind as you lie in bed waiting to go to sleep that you are going to enter the dream state and you are going to become lucid should help.

And another bit of advice, your main dream fase (I've forgetted how to spell that word due to lack of sleep) is near the end of your sleep. So if you fall asleep at midnight, most of your dream activity will take place between 5am and 8am. Make use of this by setting your alarm clock to wake you up 5 or 6 hours after you go to sleep, and spend 10 minutes telling yourself that when you go back to sleep, you will enter a dream and that there is no reason why you should not become lucid...or basically just think about lucid dreaming/becoming conscious in your dream) before going back to sleep.
CapturedSoul
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have lucid dreams more often than 'normal' dreams. Sometimes it happens during a 'normal' dream, and because I know it's a dream, I do pretty much what I like. Last night I dreamt of something that bored me, and I wanted to wake up, so I lay on the floor screaming "WAKE UP" to myself, my mother came up to me and shot me, then I woke up.
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by CapturedSoul)
I have lucid dreams more often than 'normal' dreams. Sometimes it happens during a 'normal' dream, and because I know it's a dream, I do pretty much what I like. Last night I dreamt of something that bored me, and I wanted to wake up, so I lay on the floor screaming "WAKE UP" to myself, my mother came up to me and shot me, then I woke up.
I also do that. I used to get lucid dreams a lot more (like 90% of the time) but I think they're semi-lucid now, because I realize I'm dreaming and sometimes I can change stuff or do stuff or whatever but I can't change it as much as I used to so if I'm bored now I just tell myself to wake up rather than put the effort into changing it. :p: Must just be a lazy ****** both awake and asleep
chemical_bex
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tony_ron)
For those that do it - I really want to do this but can't seem to get it to work. I can sometimes JUST ABOUT get myself to question whether its a dream, then I become weak and start believing it's real again. Any tips on going the extra mile?
When i was younger, my gran taught me a way which like, ups the odds of it happening:p:
Just when you're going to sleep, play a scenario over and over and over in your head that you want to happen, then when you fall to sleep to it, you're kinda there
might help :o:
mikeylfc1989
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Teveth)
I don't hate anybody. I hate many right wing ideologies, policies and actions, though.

My best advice would be to immerse yourself in the subject. Read up on it, watch videos etc etc. Make your dreams a big part of your life, so when you wake up, write down what you have dreamt...as this will help familiarise your mind with the concept of dreaming. Once you are more familiar with the differences between the dream state and the waking state, it is more likely you will be able to induce a lucid dream in the future.

One of the best methods to induce them is to perform reality checks. So for example, throughout the day, count your fingers. This might sound silly, but if you do it during your waking state there is a good chance that you will eventually do it in your dream state...and when you do it's likely that you'll count 6 or more fingers...which should bring you to the realisation that you are dreaming...thus you are now lucid. Other reality checks include stwitching lightswitches on and off (because if you do this in your dream, the light will not go off) and pinching yourself. In addition to reality checks, simply telling your mind as you lie in bed waiting to go to sleep that you are going to enter the dream state and you are going to become lucid should help.

And another bit of advice, your main dream fase (I've forgetted how to spell that word due to lack of sleep) is near the end of your sleep. So if you fall asleep at midnight, most of your dream activity will take place between 5am and 8am. Make use of this by setting your alarm clock to wake you up 5 or 6 hours after you go to sleep, and spend 10 minutes telling yourself that when you go back to sleep, you will enter a dream and that there is no reason why you should not become lucid...or basically just think about lucid dreaming/becoming conscious in your dream) before going back to sleep.
Thanks, will definitely try this once Uni is out of the way.
Neelam1982
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
So hold on a minute. Does this mean that when you have a lucid dream, you can visit reletives, for example in another country? What I mean to ask is - if I did that thru a lucid dream, would my relative have a recollection of them meeting me? Or, better still, can I see my relatives in 'real life' and they do not know that I am watching them and can see them? Will all this be in 'real life'?

I dont get it

But I think I have had them before.
damos92
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yeah i have them on a regular basis. When i first started getting them when i was like 12, i just used them for purposes i'll keep private, thank you... But now, i explore the world, for free.
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Neelam1982)
So hold on a minute. Does this mean that when you have a lucid dream, you can visit reletives, for example in another country? What I mean to ask is - if I did that thru a lucid dream, would my relative have a recollection of them meeting me? Or, better still, can I see my relatives in 'real life' and they do not know that I am watching them and can see them? Will all this be in 'real life'?

I dont get it

:rofl:
J DOT A
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
They are simply amazing... I can lucid dream about 3/4 times every 2 weeks.
You are simple limitless in what you can do, or what you can accomplish; I know it sounds new age bravado but its not, as a student of Science I can say that it offers another realm of conscienceness.
Teveth
Rep:
?
(Original post by Neelam1982)

I dont get it

He he, no. You can visit them, but what you are visiting is whatever you have of them in your brain...your memories, I suppose. Your brain is extremely powerful, and in the dream state it is not bound by the watering down of memories that you get in the waking state...so it appears real. By that, I mean this. Picture a friend of yours now...what you are seeing in your mind is a heavily watered down version of your friend's image, and any interaction with this friend in your mind (fantasy, as it were) is also heavily watered down...enough for you to know that it's not actually your friend you are seeing. The reason for this is evolutionary. It would be disadvatageous for you to be unable to see/hear/feel a difference between memories and reality, because you wouldn't know what is what. In your dream state, however, your brain doesn't have this 'watering down' mechanism. Your memories are almost carbon-copies of reality....they are not watered down at all. That is why dreams can appear so real. So in a lucid dream, you can effectively create a fantasy world like you do in the waking state, only instead of the memories your brain uses to create this fantasy world being watered down, they are almost carbon copies of reality.

I suppose it's like a hallucination, only you are in control.
Oivil
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
yes I did a few times, it's great. saddly the last time I can remember was about 6 years ago. But what really make so sick are false wakenings...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_awakenings

did someone have them?
Teveth
Rep:
?
It really is an incredible feeling. One of the most brilliant aspects of lucid dreaming isn't simply flying over land, having sex or visiting new lands, even though they are mind blowing in themselves... but the interaction with other people. Now, of course these are not actual people, but figures your mind has conjured up, but it's interesting all the same. Dream characters have their own personalities in normal dreams, as I'm sure you're all aware, but in the lucid dream state you get to interect with these personalities. I can't explain how immense it is.
Teveth
Rep:
?
(Original post by Oivil)
yes I did a few times, it's great. saddly the last time I can remember was about 6 years ago. But what really make so sick are false wakenings...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_awakenings

did someone have them?
I've never had a false awakening. Not that I can remember, at least. I have seen a film, though, about a man who is in a constant lucid dream state and is constantly experiencing false awakenings. It's called Waking Life.

Here's a clip from the film. This is the scene where he realises that he is dreaming (at the end of the clip), thus he becomes lucid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYTgTxSoITY

Thought provoking stuff.
LaughingBro
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My way is called daydreaming. :sexface:
crazyspacemonkey
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
No, but yesterday I dreamt that I preferred soya milk to regular milk.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (179)
80.27%
Leave (44)
19.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed