LSE postgrad recruitment stats Watch

.ACS.
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by 0p9o8i)
sorry, i disagree. your reasoning doesnt make much sense. say the 89% you say studies further or goes into employment.. only the top students (1st/2:1) goes onto further education (which is minimum requirement of most univerisities (ie they wont drop from lse to say london met). therefore the remaining pool consists more of the 2:2/3rd student, so 93% of that pool.. seems unrealistic

(ps. for the other post.. MO and BO still require a 2:1. if you pick up the top 100 employees, probably over 90 require a 2:1 as minimum)
Of those who graduate, 74% graduate with a 1st or a 2:1. Then 16% graduate with a 2:2. Now, while some students will go into further study, and that's 20% of those who graduate, this still leaves a huge pool of talent. (Much more than your absurd suggestion of mainly those graduating with a 2:2 or 3rd.)

Additionally, while the very top employers (investment banks, consultancies, law firms, etc.) require at minimum a 2:1, there are firms which employ those with a 2:2 for graduate-level positions. Not every student from LSE goes into investment banking or MBB consultancy. (Also I realise that even the Big 4 require at minimum a 2:1, but there are firms such as Aon to name one, and then the thousands of SMEs throughout the UK that only require a 2:2 at minimum.)
0p9o8i
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by .ACS.)
Of those who graduate, 74% graduate with a 1st or a 2:1. Then 16% graduate with a 2:2. Now, while some students will go into further study, and that's 20% of those who graduate, this still leaves a huge pool of talent. (Much more than your absurd suggestion of mainly those graduating with a 2:2 or 3rd.)

Additionally, while the very top employers (investment banks, consultancies, law firms, etc.) require at minimum a 2:1, there are firms which employ those with a 2:2 for graduate-level positions. Not every student from LSE goes into investment banking or MBB consultancy. (Also I realise that even the Big 4 require at minimum a 2:1, but there are firms such as Aon to name one, and then the thousands of SMEs throughout the UK that only require a 2:2 at minimum.)
http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/gra.../6monthson.htm

see the link from the lse website

the person just took 7% unemployed. so employment is 100-7 = 93%.

this is clearly wrong cos u cant add in people who are not actively seeking work in the labour market.

btw i have a double first from the lse. why would i take a stats lesson off a southampton university student.. whos just in his 2nd year? absurd.
.ACS.
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by 0p9o8i)
btw i have a double first from the lse. why would i take a stats lesson off a southampton university student.. whos just in his 2nd year? absurd.
Well, you clearly don't as otherwise you would understand simple statistics and realise you're talking the biggest load of rubbish on the earth. It's easy to feel big when you're anonymous on the internet, but the fallacy of your posts highlight your gross misunderstanding. :rolleyes:

I can't be bothered to argue with a troll, but anyway, the data is available here.
Byllie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
:facepalm2: Uni **** swinging

The lowest form of grubbery
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (626)
80.57%
Leave (151)
19.43%

Watched Threads