Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hazard112)
    Im going hopefully. Conditional Offer for Law. Put Pann's Bank as my accomadation first choice.
    I'm jealous. I miss Panns

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirsty142)
    I'm jealous. I miss Panns
    Where in Panns were you?

ReputationRep:
    Heyyaa (:
    I'm hopefully going to Sunderland in September too, just waiting for the dreaded A level results!!

Anybody else doing Primary Education? Or staying in Clanny? (:

xox Jo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caer am Byth)
    Where in Panns were you?
    I was in Flat 1 in Hart Court :-)

ReputationRep:
    I was in Flat 1 in Hart Court :-)
    I've been to Panns a few times. Usually in Flat 12 or Douglas Court. Tends to be a bit of a novelty coming from The Forge :p:

Is Flat 1 the one of the two nearest the gates?

ReputationRep:
    I've been to Panns a few times. Usually in Flat 12 or Douglas Court. Tends to be a bit of a novelty coming from The Forge :p:

Is Flat 1 the one of the two nearest the gates?
    I've heard many tales of the Forge :p: No flat 1 is the one furthest from the gate in Hart Court.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joanne.jo)
    Heyyaa (:
    I'm hopefully going to Sunderland in September too, just waiting for the dreaded A level results!!

Anybody else doing Primary Education? Or staying in Clanny? (:

xox Jo

im in clanny, what flat are youu?

ReputationRep:
    When did you all get told about your accommodation??? I haven't heard anything I really hope I get Panns though, it's my first choice!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Effie1992)
    When did you all get told about your accommodation??? I haven't heard anything I really hope I get Panns though, it's my first choice!!
    When did you apply?

Apparently they send the bumff once your offer turns unconditional.

ReputationRep:
    I applied for accommodation in may, yeah it must be because I only have a conditional offer, fingers crossed for results!

ReputationRep:
    What are the IT facilities like for students on computing degrees? Do they have plenty of helpful IT staff to deal with problems? I've heard some real horror stories from other unis so it's a bit of a concern. The Sunderland website seems obsessed with Adobe products but goes into no real detail about anything else. I'm thinking about doing a games degree next year but there's no meat at all on the website.

ReputationRep:
    Just got my contract for panns bank this morning! Have to post it to them before fridy, gonna send it off tomorow with my deposit, so happy!

ReputationRep:
    I've heard many tales of the Forge :p: No flat 1 is the one furthest from the gate in Hart Court.
    The Forge - a strange place which has claimed many souls. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Sunderland in September studying History!!

I actually enjoy the nightlife in Sunderland. Living down the road from there is quite lucky.

A Thursday is excellent for those rockers out there, especially if you go to Passion - £2 entry and £2 all night until 4.30am. £1 Jagerbombs in Ttonic is also nice and £1.30 VK's, house spirits and fosters in Arizona but Monday is Student night and everything is cheap then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel Robert)
    I'm going to Sunderland in September studying History!!

I actually enjoy the nightlife in Sunderland. Living down the road from there is quite lucky.

A Thursday is excellent for those rockers out there, especially if you go to Passion - £2 entry and £2 all night until 4.30am. £1 Jagerbombs in Ttonic is also nice and £1.30 VK's, house spirits and fosters in Arizona but Monday is Student night and everything is cheap then
    From my experience, everyone in Arizona tends to be about 40 :p:

I heard rock night has been in BluBambu the last two weeks, but Passion last night. Any idea if it's back at Passion full-time?

ReputationRep:
    From my experience, everyone in Arizona tends to be about 40 :p:

I heard rock night has been in BluBambu the last two weeks, but Passion last night. Any idea if it's back at Passion full-time?
    HAHA yeah, it is mainly middle aged people but we go in to take advantage of the cheap drinks! :yep:

Yeah, Rock Night is back at Passion full time. The security has been bumped up loads now aswell, one of my friends was told by a bouncer to put her shoes back on last night when we were in there!

They ID everyone going in aswell, so there are no little teenies trying to get in :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel Robert)
    HAHA yeah, it is mainly middle aged people but we go in to take advantage of the cheap drinks! :yep:

Yeah, Rock Night is back at Passion full time. The security has been bumped up loads now aswell, one of my friends was told by a bouncer to put her shoes back on last night when we were in there!

They ID everyone going in aswell, so there are no little teenies trying to get in :woo:
    Glad to hear that. There was an insane amount of underagers in there every time I was in, with some rather bizarre behaviour tolerated :p:

Definitely a great night out though, cheap too. I tend to prefer it to a Monday as well, however cheap everywhere is on Monday.

ReputationRep:
    I got in aswell! Anyone doing psychology with criminology?

ReputationRep:
    I live in Sunderland have done all my life its a good city, lots of bars, there is the bridges shopping centre, Newcastle is not to far on the metro which is relatively cheap, there's a beach here infact there are 3 and its actually not a bad city to live its quite cheap in my opinion.
    The metrocentre isn't to far you can get there by bus from park lane, or by train (not metro!!) at Sunderland station.
    The University at St. Peters is fantastic it had a open day yesterday me and the boyfriend went and he has decided he'd rather go there then Newcastle and is going to do Biomedical Science next year I have to wait for the year after since I've just had a gap year and starting my A-levels this year WHOO!! but it was amazing everything looked brand new they're improving the city centre campus but if you're based at St. Peters I think you'll love it, its right on the river and its all modern for anyone doing anything Media and Journalism based its FAB!! They have a green room and recording studios the lot! I think that will be my first choice when it comes to picking universitys!!

ReputationRep:
    Regarding Freshers - go to the foam party. It'll be a top night.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 9, 2010
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Articles:

University of Sunderland Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

Scape Student Living

Scape Student Living

"Brand new super studios at Scape Shoreditch, three minutes away from Old Street station!"

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Sunderland ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Sunderland applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.