Turn on thread page Beta

Lush discontinuing ALL of it scents?! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychocustard)
    What did you try, and what's your skin like?
    Their soap is alright, even for sensitive skin - my boyfriend can use some of it, and he's got horrendous eczema.
    Angels on bare skin, broke me out and made my skin really oily. Dark angels, it's alright if I use it every now and then, but if I use it too much then it also breaks me out. The toner's alright, but I switched to Clinique, and vanishing cream moisturiser but it's too greasy for me. I loved them at first, but then my skin just got really bad so I stopped using them all and it's clearing up now. My skin used to be quite oily, but recently it's got a few dry patches and isn't as oily, and quite prone to spots. Think I've figured out what works now though so I'll be sticking to it. As soon as I start messing with different products, my skin seems to turn around and tell me to **** off and then proceed to break out just to piss me off. That's the conclusion I've come to anyway. :P:

I take it you work/used to work for Lush?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by truthandtragedy)
    Angels on bare skin, broke me out and made my skin really oily. Dark angels, it's alright if I use it every now and then, but if I use it too much then it also breaks me out. The toner's alright, but I switched to Clinique, and vanishing cream moisturiser but it's too greasy for me. I loved them at first, but then my skin just got really bad so I stopped using them all and it's clearing up now. My skin used to be quite oily, but recently it's got a few dry patches and isn't as oily, and quite prone to spots. Think I've figured out what works now though so I'll be sticking to it. As soon as I start messing with different products, my skin seems to turn around and tell me to **** off and then proceed to break out just to piss me off. That's the conclusion I've come to anyway. :P:

I take it you work/used to work for Lush?
    I worked for them a bit last year, but I was pretty addicted to their products anyway so I know most of them inside out.
    Don't know why they gave you Angels, seems weird if you've got oily skin. And yeah, Dark Angels should only be used about once a week, no more than that at all if it breaks you out as it'll wreck your skin's oil balance. Vanishing Cream is my favourite though, cos I've got quite oily skin and it's the only one that actually doesn't make me break out

But yeah, once your skin gets used to something, it'll get worse before it gets better, so then it's either a case of sticking to it, or braving it out until your skin calms down again and decides that it isn't so bad. It does exactly the same with me and it winds me up SO much. It's only in the last few months that my skin's not been horrendous!

You could always try flogging your Lush stuff on Ebay, or tbh, I'd consider buying it off you if you haven't chucked it, cos I'm almost out

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 21, 2010
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.