David Cameron? Is that you?

Lol and the friend is Boris Johnson

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLeprachaun)
    :rofl:

Oh boy...

ReputationRep:
    It would be much better if we knew the job, but it is your discretion if you don't want to tell us

But have you ever heard this quote?

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Dr. Seuss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Have proof of this? how do you know they arent being kind? i do that to people, people do it to me, doesnt mean they want something.
    not relevent but I dooo hope Dizzy and Florance sings taht song sat night

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeylfc1989)
    David Cameron is tha...

Damn...
    HAHAHA now THAT made my day.

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who doesn't give a **** what your job is? Get over yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Are we talking "politics" famous?
    Are we talking "sports" famous?
    Are we talking "big business" famous?
    Are we talking "pop star" famous?
    Are we talking "been on the telly" famous?
    Are we talking "I'm a Z-list celebrity's PA" famous?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KardKaper)
    Am I the only one who doesn't give a **** what your job is? Get over yourself.
    If she was after attention she wouldn't have posted anonymous.

This site really does have a bitter problem with anybody that does well for themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Right this is probably going to sound a little bit odd. Basically i've just finished my degree and to be honest i've landed a pretty sweet job. I can't say what it is because it'll give me away, but basically to get an idea i'll be working with some quite famous people.

Ive never been particularly popular, though thats quite a bit my own choice - I like having couple of close friends rather than a friendship group. I also like having lots of time just chilling out on my own. But i've found out that one of my so called "friends" has been making nasty comments about me. Saying what a loner I am, and how unpopular I am - he said he felt sorry for me which is why he talks to me.

I've tried not taking it to heart. I know he reeeaally wanted a job like I have, and my other friends have assured me its the jealousy talking. I still feel hurt though, as I was bullied in school for precisely this reason. Someone taking a dislike to me and gradually turning everyone against me.

On the complete opposite, I also have people who never talked to me coming up to me to say hi, and doing me favors. I'm not stupid, and I know they only want to be associated with me because i am now "cool". I hate the attention and find it sickening in a way, how shallow some people are. But I can feel i'm getting sucked in, it does feel good that people want to know me, but then again I know its for all the wrong reasons.

so yeah, how do I deal with all of this, i'm not used to being the centre of attention! And do I confront my friend? He's hardly talked to me in the last month, and uni finishes soon so it feels a bit pointless, but then i'm also gutted i've lost someone I really thought I got on with
    I really wanna know what the job is! Give us a clue or please pm me. (I wont tell anyone). And congratultions, your friend can go suck it.

ReputationRep:
    Tell use the job PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ReputationRep:
    Whats the job ?

ReputationRep:
    lolllllll i will crack up if he's working with chanelle off big brother or the cheeky girls or something

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was Clegg :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Well I'd say people who were properly friends with you before you got this job are your true friends and they are the people you should be hanging around with, not these new fake friends. If they are giving you too much attention, tell them and they should back off and understand, if they really are your true friends.

ReputationRep:
    +rep x2

ReputationRep:
    OP just PM'd me and confirmed he is David Cameron.

Or not...

ReputationRep:
    I know they only want to be associated with me because i am now "cool". I hate the attention and find it sickening in a way, how shallow some people are.

You are so not cool.

ReputationRep:
    I've tried not taking it to heart. I know he reeeaally wanted a job like I have, and my other friends have assured me its the jealousy talking. I still feel hurt though, as I was bullied in school for precisely this reason. Someone taking a dislike to me and gradually turning everyone against me.

On the complete opposite, I also have people who never talked to me coming up to me to say hi, and doing me favors. I'm not stupid, and I know they only want to be associated with me because i am now "cool". I hate the attention and find it sickening in a way, how shallow some people are. But I can feel i'm getting sucked in, it does feel good that people want to know me, but then again I know its for all the wrong reasons.
    Welcome to fame. This is why so many of them off themselves.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.