Turn on thread page Beta

Question for the girls regarding height issues. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stef90)
    This thread is just going to confirm that girls prefer 6ft + guys. Lucky me :sad: ( 5'11" )
    It's altight mate physicists are sexy :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stef90)
    This thread is just going to confirm that girls prefer 6ft + guys. Lucky me :sad: ( 5'11" )
    Lucky me. :awesome:

6'0 exactly.

ReputationRep:
    If slightly taller than me, it's all good :yep:

I'm not ugly. I think i have ok/good looks in fact. Just the height issue. And yes, i hear a lot about shorter girls adamantly preferring 6ft+ guys, fair enough if you're near 6ft yourself though. However, it'd be a crime if i said that i don't date fat girls... hypocritical on your part much girls?

ReputationRep:
    As an irresistably attractive, 6 foot 4" girl, I can confirm that I would only ever date a guy who is at least 7 foot 20". Anything below 6 foot I wouldn't touch with a bargepole. Sorry OP, you're going to die a lonely virgin and no one will ever love you.

-ahem-
    Truthfully, I am a guy who is just over 5 foot 8". And I've only ever had good reviews
    That's about an inch below the average of 5'9"-5'10", which is barely even noticable. I've never had any problems because of my height - so trust me OP, you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chubbychops:))
    There's no bold? Buut, I'm guessing it was supposed to be about OP possibly being ugly?
    Oh yes yes... my bad :facepalm2:

I've pretty much accepted it. I will always lose out to the 6ft+ guys unless i become rich and powerful. Don't hate on me for this, it's just the way life is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlotte-rose)
    5'7''.

I am about 1cm taller than you so I don't really count but I don't date guys who are under 5'11'' usually.
    You'd date me.

But I wouldn't date you.

You mad?

ReputationRep:
    Haha do you not date girl's taller or as tall as you because it makes you feel inferior?

ReputationRep:
    It's all about personal preference. I mean, i'm 5'6" but I prefer a man to be around 6ft. It's not a rule though. I think if you're a decent enough guy it won't affect your prospects too much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've pretty much accepted it. I will always lose out to the 6ft+ guys unless i become rich and powerful. Don't hate on me for this, it's just the way life is.
    You're a failure, seriously. You don't need to be rich and powerful, just decent looking and have a good personality. You have zero game, and so instead of admitting this you just blame it on the height.

Grow up brah (pun?)

ReputationRep:
    I'm a guy and i'm 1.72m, i'm short and i find it hard to get over, like it is a real confidence problem for me which i need to get over. Be honest, and this is to the girls under 5ft7 only (i'm only attracted to girls shorter than me) , would you go out with someone of my height?
    This sounds very retarded but i can't really get to grips with it. I'm 20 soon and i've stopped growing.
    That is not short, and I don't find that a problem. I am 155cm

ReputationRep:
    I'm not ugly. I think i have ok/good looks in fact. Just the height issue. And yes, i hear a lot about shorter girls adamantly preferring 6ft+ guys, fair enough if you're near 6ft yourself though. However, it'd be a crime if i said that i don't date fat girls... hypocritical on your part much girls?
    Not really, actually. You're perfectly within you rights to not date fat girls if you don't want to. Political correctness shouldn't affect your dating choices! I mean, insisting she's stick thin is taking it too far - a good curvy girl is great. But when it crosses the line into being fat, it's bad for them and unattractive to you; that's just fact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chronic_fatigue)
    he is taller than you
    I'm 173cm.
    So no.

(Original post by Robert Paulson)
    You'd date me.

But I wouldn't date you.

You mad?
    You what?
    I am taller than him so the question isn't aimed at me, but I won't date guys who are less than 3-4 inches taller than me due to heels. Is that a better explanation for you, or would you like me to develop further?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlotte-rose)
    I'm 173cm.
    So no.

You what?
    I am taller than him so the question isn't aimed at me, but I won't date guys who are less than 3-4 inches taller than me due to heels. Is that a better explanation for you, or would you like me to develop further?
    No, I'm saying that you would probably find me attractive (conceited, perhaps) but I would not date you, because I don't date girls with idle preferences.

You're a failure, seriously. You don't need to be rich and powerful, just decent looking and have a good personality. You have zero game, and so instead of admitting this you just blame it on the height.

Grow up brah (pun?)

Just read the responses on the thread 'i don't go out with guys below 6ft'? Girls are attracted to a framework, girls feel it is ok to cite high heels as being one of the determinants in what guy she'd choose 'oh he is 5ft11 but i'm 5ft10 so it wouldn't really work because i'd be taller than him with high heels' It's pure b.s. . I am not a failure because in other parts of my life i succeed. It's just this , i've been unlucky with the height given to me.

Just look at all the short successful people who get the most attractive women. They have to be rich and influential (Defoe, Tom Cruise etc etc), i don't know guys in real life who have such luck.

ReputationRep:
    Just read the responses on the thread 'i don't go out with guys below 6ft'? Girls are attracted to a framework, girls feel it is ok to cite high heels as being one of the determinants in what guy she'd choose 'oh he is 5ft11 but i'm 5ft10 so it wouldn't really work because i'd be taller than him with high heels' It's pure b.s. . I am not a failure because in other parts of my life i succeed. It's just this , i've been unlucky with the height given to me.

Just look at all the short successful people who get the most attractive women. They have to be rich and influential (Defoe, Tom Cruise etc etc), i don't know guys in real life who have such luck.
    Are you kidding me? So if Zac Efron (as much as I really am not a fan of the guy) was not famous, he'd have difficulty getting girls? I've seen loads of guys like 5'7 with girls far hotter than the average TSR girl...

ReputationRep:
    i would NEVER date someone shorter than me.
    but, i'm 165cm. and 172cm isn't THAT short, it's average, get over yourself. you're not short.

ReputationRep:
    Are you kidding me? So if Zac Efron (as much as I really am not a fan of the guy) was not famous, he'd have difficulty getting girls? I've seen loads of guys like 5'7 with girls far hotter than the average TSR girl...
    Zac Efron's 5'10" so that analogy is slightly invalid. And of course he'd have trouble getting girls, he looks like a toddler that's been repeatedly slapped in the face. People like the characters he plays, not him. Like how Hugh Laurie only became sexy when he started playing House.

Anyway, I digress - yeah, us girls are occasionally shallow. Isn't everyone? But when it comes down to it, if a girl really likes you she isn't going to turn you down 'cause you're 5'7". Of the two guys I know who I'd consider dating, one's 6'2" and the other's 5'8". We all have preferences but in reality, that's not how we make lasting decisions.

ReputationRep:
    what is the question even about,
    you're not even short enough to be complaining,
    im 5'6 and as long as the guy is taller than me, not really fussed by how much,
    im sure a lot of the girls will agree with that.
    you dont have to worry,
    there are probably a load of people way shorter than you.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.