ran a red light! Watch

united2000
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by James Carter)
Don't worry, I've done this too and was worrying for ages that there was a camera on top. But they're REALLY obvious, big grey boxes on top of the traffic light, so you would have noticed it. Also I'm pretty sure you would have noticed a flash too of it taking the picture.
I know it was there as i passed it on the way to where i was going, asked my mate about it even after talking about the fixed one being covered up just up the road.
He was told it doesnt work either, but wasnt 100% sure.

(Original post by Stefan1991)
No one cares. Christ why is everyone on this forum so neurotic. So you ran a red light? So what. People do that all the time.

Was there a big yellow camera? I'm guessing not otherwise you would have seen it. Stop ****ting your pants and get a grip.
Because most forum users here will be young and cant really afford the insurance increase getting 3 points gives you.
Motorbiker
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by united2000)
Does anyone know if these double as speed cameras aswell?

I think i got flashed by one when it was on green light going towards it, so it was on the other side of the road to my car.

Had two lenses in it and called PEEK camera, little yellow box near a ped crossing.
If it was facing towards you then you're fine as they're only rear facing so was probably taking a photo of someone going the other way or it didn't go off and you're imagining it.

Also, next time make your own thread instead of bumping a year old thread...

Peek Speed Cameras
PEEK Traffic cameras within the United Kingdom are in minority in built up areas. Counties currently using Peek Traffic cameras include; Leicestershire, Greater London and Berkshire.
Peek rely on radar technology, similar to a Gatso. They are also rear-facing due to the 'flash'.

Points and Penalties

Being prosecuted in the UK by a Peek speed/safety camera can result in a minimum of 3 penalty points and a £60 fine. This fine amount is currently under review by the government and may increase in near future.
http://www.speedcamerasuk.com/peek.htm
py0alb
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TheOneCurlyFry)
Damnit! i just got back from the gym and driving home on the duel carriage way there's a pedestrian crossing, i was slowing down as a came towards it because it's just before a roundabout but it switched to yellow so i had to start braking much more heavily but as i was braking i thought that i was going too fast to be able to stop before the line so i stopped braking and ended up going though the lights at about 15mph. I was taught that you're allowed to go though amber if it's not going to be safe to stop so that's why i changed my mind as i was braking but then just as i was going past i saw them flick to red! If i saw them change to red i must've gone though on red so now i feel so ******* stupid, do they take pictures of cars that go though red lights? what will happen if i was caught?

God i'm an idiot :mad:
If you braked, and then accelerated again, and still only just missed it, then you shouldn't have been braking in the first place. This was your mistake.

I ****ing hate people who slam on their brakes when they see an amber light. If you have to brake hard then you shouldn't be stopping.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1044)
79.03%
Leave (277)
20.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed