The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
GunnerArshavin
Well he's wrong ? as how can you measure oxygen produced if they're asking how to measure the rate haha, meant to give a reason. I think the time could be right.

Anyone do Unit 3 aswell ?

I did! What did you think? I did both unit 2 and 3 and honestly, I thought it was the worst biology paper i've done! There was a lot of explaining and 4/5 mark questions and some of the stuff I had never been taught.
What about you?
Reply 21
i know!
the foirmatting of that sankey diagram question was all over the place, i put (for the second question) 10% 1/10 and 1:10.

i put glucose and starch too!

i read that last one wrong too, though that the exam board had misspelt zygote, it was just goat tho,
changed it at the last minute lol!
loads of ppl in my year missed out the last questions on the back...

i hope that the boundry is that low!

nebby
Cashper1234
arrrh and what carbon compounds did you put I put inslouble starch and glucose but apparently they are the same thing so I will only get one and also what did you put for measuring the rate of photosynthesis ?

I put the same but I think this is right because they are not the same! Glucose is insoluble and starch soluble. What did you guys put for the respiration part? Which letters?
i meant the other question where you had to look at the squares and the arrows going down haha. :x
Ahh what a hard paper! :'(
for the carbon cycle one! i put the arrow that goes up from the plant to the atmosphere and the arrow that was on the right of the plants, cnt remember which one though.
The past papers were so much easier then todays killer paper.
yh it was just the ones which produce carbon dioxide because that is a product of respiration and yh agreed it was such a weird paper and the hardest paper out of all the practice papers that i have done
Reply 28
That exam was tottaly wierd :s-smilie:
I confused myself so much with the skin receptors...
and the cells question regarding osmosis?
was it B?
And the cell membrane?

The A* questions were surprisingly easy compared to the C grade questions..
the sanky diagram was like wtf..
It wasn't even in the syllabus.. :l
Reply 29
For the carbon cycle one I put letters A and B
So for the question about carbon dioxide, the answer was glucose plus oxygen?
Reply 31
i did both b2 and b3, b2 was harder than b3 as the graphs and sankey diagrams were impossible to interpet, i am getting the paper we did this morning later this afternoon ( my dad is a exam officer) and i will post the questions and answers, pm or quote me if you want the questions and the correct answers
Oscar
Cardboard

and the cells question regarding osmosis?
was it B?

:yep: Thats what I done, as it has the largest surface area ?
The average for an A* is like 31 around all the past papers so far, this should go down to 29 probz. Hopefully anyway xD
GunnerArshavin

lol i wrote something about the cell membranes having a larger surface area, i was probz wrong though.
Reply 35
GunnerArshavin
A girl in my class told me she put Glucose and starch as well, so you probably got atleast one mark there :smile: . I just guessed some random **** like Carbon Nitride.

I wrote, look at bubbles formed, or temperature change.

I wrote that too! but was he not changing temperature to measure rate of photosynthesis?
Reply 36
Bungo
i did both b2 and b3, b2 was harder than b3 as the graphs and sankey diagrams were impossible to interpet, i am getting the paper we did this morning later this afternoon ( my dad is a exam officer) and i will post the questions and answers, pm or quote me if you want the questions and the correct answers
Oscar

can you send me the questions and correct answers?
Reply 37
GunnerArshavin

Yeah same.
Surface area is one of those things that is always on the mark scheme apparently.
:smile:
or something.
forsaker
I wrote that too! but was he not changing temperature to measure rate of photosynthesis?

When oxygen is released , won't the temperature change or anything :confused:
Reply 39
GunnerArshavin
When oxygen is released , won't the temperature change or anything :confused:

Pretty sure photosynthesis is endothermic so it should, hope we're right though

Latest

Trending

Trending