What are your thoughts on Cannabis? Watch

concubine
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Tiberius)
With alcohol, you can consume it with little consequence on other people, but then the effects can sometimes be adverse. Whereas, with cannabis, not only do you get the adverse effects, but you can also pass them on to other people through second-hand smoke.

******* high five for this ****.

Probably the most retarded post I've seen around here. Brilliant. ;D
mackeroo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Its overrated, I think a majority of people only do it because it's seen as cool, being an illegal drug. If it was freely available the novelty would soon wear off, a lot of people hardly feel any effects from it.
goatshed
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Plz legalise
goatshed
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by concubine)

Lol /agree
BlueRoses
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I am quite happy in my cannabis free life and have no desire to start using it.
hannah.austin
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Cannabis is so calming and makes you love everyone I far prefer it to alcohol, alcohol makes people violent and quite frankly annoying.
Cannabis just makes you content with the world. And theres no terrible comedown either.
Tiberius
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by concubine)

Why?
CandyFlipper
Badges: 13
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Sun Ra and his Arkestra)
Cannabis is a wonderful drug, stimulating deep thought, diminishing the ego and doing very little harm to the vast majority of people who use it. It is a tool, and a powerful one; just like any powerful tool it should be treated with respect. However, sensible use is extremely beneficial.
Exactly this.
Spetznaaz
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ah, this one is gonna be a longen. Gonna have to correct all the ignorant people among us

I get tired of this.. I’m not going to cite sources because it would take way too much time and i have revision to do. If you don’t believe anything i have said research it yourself and you will find it is all fact.

(Original post by HighestKungFu)
It isn't so much the health impacts as the impacts it has on a social level. It makes kids much lazier and less inclined to pursue constructive hobbies (in some cases). It is also a gateway to other drugs (I know this myself since it eventually got me onto Schrooms, Ecstasy and Cocaine for a while), and can open you up to crime (dealing for instance).

From a health perspective, I doubt it is anymore harmful than alcohol. However, many stoners have such a lethargic disposition that I think the biggest danger is its impact on productivity.
The gateway theory has been disproven many many times. Cannabis is as much of a gateway drug as alcohol, tobacco or caffeine are. I’m sure someone will try and argue this, but it has been disproven in a number of studies a long time ago. As for the lethargic side, It all depends on the person. Most people won’t become lethargic (and even if they do, it's the persons own fault for getting stoned instead of doing other things that need to be done) and cannabis definitely doesn’t stop you pursuing hobbies, it has definitely helped me find more interest in many things.

There are two general forms of cannabis, indica and sativa. Indica is what you will find 99% of the time when you buy in this country (it takes a lot less time to grow). Indicas give the kind of couchlock body high or ‘stone’.

Sativas are the opposite, they give more of a head high, they are good to smoke when you have things to do, outdoor activities etc.

Most strains are an indica/sativa cross, it's rare to find pure indicas or sativas.

(Original post by Tiberius)
With alcohol, you can consume it with little consequence on other people, but then the effects can sometimes be adverse. Whereas, with cannabis, not only do you get the adverse effects, but you can also pass them on to other people through second-hand smoke. Not to mention the fact that it is as disgusting as cigarettes in terms of the stench and how it spreads.

In conclusion, I don't have a problem with people who smoke cannabis in their own home (or in specifically designated smoking accommodation). However, I believe it should remain banned everywhere else.
I don’t know where you pulled these facts from. Alcohol can be consumed with little consequence on other people? Wtf.. ok yes it can, but it isn’t. Alcohol cause violence, is very toxic, makes you do stupid things you regret etc. When did you here of someone coming home after having a few spliff's and beating their wife? What about coming home from the pub and doing it.. hmmm.

Cannabis adverse effects? Yes there are some but compared to alcohol that is a laughable thing to say. When was i last violently sick from smoking too much weed.. never. When did i last do something i regretted on weed? Again, never. I have had one bad experience with cannabis and that was the first time i ever smoked proper bud, i wasn’t used to the effects and felt very very odd. I lived.

Pass the effects on to other people? What? You don’t get high from second hand smoke unless you are in an extremely hot boxed room.

(Original post by silverbolt)
it smells like crap tastes like crap, give you horrid drymouth, leaves you vulnerable to getting robbed, raped, assualted, when people realise you smoke it you straight away go down several notches in thier eyes, you look like a moron with a spliff in your mouth and you stink far worse than cigarrettes.
That is completely subjective. I, and many others, absolutely love the smell of cannabis, it is one of the best smells i know.

As for leaving you vulnerable wtf? Alcohol leaves you vulnerable! Alcohol seriously impairs your ability to protect yourself. Cannabis does not, you really wouldn’t be assed to fight but you sure as hell could if you need to. The kind of person who i would ‘go down notches in their eyes’ for smoking a spliff is the ignorant, judgemental, closed minded type of person who i would have no business ever talking to anyway. And not many people are like that.

(Original post by withintemptation)
I think its disgusting. The smell is horrible, and after seeing how a number of people have reacted after smoking it I can not understand the attraction.
I do not agree that it should be legalised at all.
Your a very foolish person. Why the **** do people like you think they have the right to tell people what they can and cannot put into their bodies? What would you do if alcohol was banned? Alcohol and tobacco kill hundreds of thousands of people every year, should they be banned? No of course not, not only because prohibition has been proven to fail many times over and regulation has been proven to work, but because no one ever has the right to tell you what to do with your own body.

Well, that’s all the replys to the ignorance on this thread so far, but i can’t be assed to do it again, so i’ll just add some extra points

Cannabis is not a harmless drug. Neither is alcohol, neither is tobacco, and even aspirin. There have been 0 recorded deaths from cannabis, ever, however. (if you research this there is ‘one’ however if you research it deeply the toxicologist was an absolute tard and cannabis was not the cause of death.

I’m sure someone will mention ‘skunk’. Just a little info on so called ‘skunk’ cannabis. When people smoke cannabis they either smoke the bud (the flower of the female plant) or hash (compressed trichomes).

There are varying strengths of cannabis, there always has been. It hasn’t been genetically modified into this super skunk stuff that’s apparently a million times stronger than it was in the 60’s as the daily mail would have you believe. Skunk is in fact a certain strain of cannabis, not a particularly strong one either. You have weak cannabis (most of the u.k stuff is this) medium strength, and the seriously strong stuff you get in Amsterdam (G13 x Haze, Jack Herrer – two of the best strains i have smoked). If you here someone talking about ‘skunk’ cannabis, unless they are talking about the strain, they are talking ********.

As for the one argument the prohibitions seem to have left (remember reefer madness anyone?) that cannabis causes schizophrenia. Now, this is a very debateable subject, and i nor anyone else can say it does or doesn’t (despite what a few people may say, there has been no study proving cannabis causes schizophrenia, only that their is a correlation - no causation).

The evidence suggests there is a increase in risk for young people who smoke A LOT of cannabis over a long period of time, who are already PREDIPOSITIONED to the illness. Consider this, the Netherlands, where cannabis use is tolerated and it is sold in shops, has a higher percentage of adults smoking cannabis than here, and a lower percentage of young people smoking it. I worked these figures out myself btw: – the incidence of schizophrenia is about 1% for any given population. The rate of schizophrenia in the Netherlands is slightly less than 1%.

The use of cannabis worldwide has gone up drastically, however the incidence of schizophrenia has actually been declining.

You want to know the most dangerous thing about cannabis? The fact it is illegal.

Cannabis resin (hash, but not real hash) also known as ‘soap bar’ is about 5% hash and the rest is a nasty cocktail of chemicals – turpentine, the stuff they put in henna tattoos, **** (yes actually ****), bin liners, plastics etc, very nasty stuff. I personally would never touch this stuff, but unfortunately there are people who do. God knows what effects it will have on their heath in later life, and what has caused soap bar to exist? It is a direct result of cannabis being illegal.

You get contaminated bud these days, some of it is extremely hard to tell if it is contaminated or not. Such contaminants found – Glass particles they use for reflective road markings (causes silicosis, a very nasty disease. I smoked a lot of this before i realised what it was, not good), iron filings, lead (a highly toxic substance) and even asbestos! People will die from these things (i think some may have already, but i’m not 100% sure) I may even develop silicosis one day (it takes about 20 years to show) and why? Again this is a DIRECT result of cannabis being illegal.

Whether or not you smoke cannabis, and whether or not you think it is particularly harmful, you cannot deny, making it illegal is only making any harm already there, a hundred times worse.

And finally, remember, if you smoke it, respect it. Use it, do not abuse it, be safe, check for contaminants, and never ever smoke or sell soap bar.

If you’ve read all the way to this point, respect!

Peace
n00
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Spetznaaz)
Well put, but what everyone seems to ignore is the fact that there is just as strong a link between schizophrenia and tobacco use or alcohol use as there is between cannabis and schizophrenia. For some reason we never hear that these substances cause schizophrenia, maybe because the alcohol and tobacco industries would rip apart the
pseudoscience used to try and show a causation and **** all over the pseudoscientists careers.
pastry
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I prefer it to alcohol.
As long as you keep your use in moderation (as with any drug), then it's fine.
yeovildancer
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Spetznaaz)
Ah, this one is gonna be a longen. Gonna have to correct all the ignorant people among us

I get tired of this.. I’m not going to cite sources because it would take way too much time and i have revision to do. If you don’t believe anything i have said research it yourself and you will find it is all fact.

The gateway theory has been disproven many many times. Cannabis is as much of a gateway drug as alcohol, tobacco or caffeine are. I’m sure someone will try and argue this, but it has been disproven in a number of studies a long time ago. As for the lethargic side, It all depends on the person. Most people won’t become lethargic (and even if they do, it's the persons own fault for getting stoned instead of doing other things that need to be done) and cannabis definitely doesn’t stop you pursuing hobbies, it has definitely helped me find more interest in many things.

There are two general forms of cannabis, indica and sativa. Indica is what you will find 99% of the time when you buy in this country (it takes a lot less time to grow). Indicas give the kind of couchlock body high or ‘stone’.

Sativas are the opposite, they give more of a head high, they are good to smoke when you have things to do, outdoor activities etc.

Most strains are an indica/sativa cross, it's rare to find pure indicas or sativas.

I don’t know where you pulled these facts from. Alcohol can be consumed with little consequence on other people? Wtf.. ok yes it can, but it isn’t. Alcohol cause violence, is very toxic, makes you do stupid things you regret etc. When did you here of someone coming home after having a few spliff's and beating their wife? What about coming home from the pub and doing it.. hmmm.

Cannabis adverse effects? Yes there are some but compared to alcohol that is a laughable thing to say. When was i last violently sick from smoking too much weed.. never. When did i last do something i regretted on weed? Again, never. I have had one bad experience with cannabis and that was the first time i ever smoked proper bud, i wasn’t used to the effects and felt very very odd. I lived.

Pass the effects on to other people? What? You don’t get high from second hand smoke unless you are in an extremely hot boxed room.

That is completely subjective. I, and many others, absolutely love the smell of cannabis, it is one of the best smells i know.

As for leaving you vulnerable wtf? Alcohol leaves you vulnerable! Alcohol seriously impairs your ability to protect yourself. Cannabis does not, you really wouldn’t be assed to fight but you sure as hell could if you need to. The kind of person who i would ‘go down notches in their eyes’ for smoking a spliff is the ignorant, judgemental, closed minded type of person who i would have no business ever talking to anyway. And not many people are like that.

Your a very foolish person. Why the **** do people like you think they have the right to tell people what they can and cannot put into their bodies? What would you do if alcohol was banned? Alcohol and tobacco kill hundreds of thousands of people every year, should they be banned? No of course not, not only because prohibition has been proven to fail many times over and regulation has been proven to work, but because no one ever has the right to tell you what to do with your own body.

Well, that’s all the replys to the ignorance on this thread so far, but i can’t be assed to do it again, so i’ll just add some extra points

Cannabis is not a harmless drug. Neither is alcohol, neither is tobacco, and even aspirin. There have been 0 recorded deaths from cannabis, ever, however. (if you research this there is ‘one’ however if you research it deeply the toxicologist was an absolute tard and cannabis was not the cause of death.

I’m sure someone will mention ‘skunk’. Just a little info on so called ‘skunk’ cannabis. When people smoke cannabis they either smoke the bud (the flower of the female plant) or hash (compressed trichomes).

There are varying strengths of cannabis, there always has been. It hasn’t been genetically modified into this super skunk stuff that’s apparently a million times stronger than it was in the 60’s as the daily mail would have you believe. Skunk is in fact a certain strain of cannabis, not a particularly strong one either. You have weak cannabis (most of the u.k stuff is this) medium strength, and the seriously strong stuff you get in Amsterdam (G13 x Haze, Jack Herrer – two of the best strains i have smoked). If you here someone talking about ‘skunk’ cannabis, unless they are talking about the strain, they are talking ********.

As for the one argument the prohibitions seem to have left (remember reefer madness anyone?) that cannabis causes schizophrenia. Now, this is a very debateable subject, and i nor anyone else can say it does or doesn’t (despite what a few people may say, there has been no study proving cannabis causes schizophrenia, only that their is a correlation - no causation).

The evidence suggests there is a increase in risk for young people who smoke A LOT of cannabis over a long period of time, who are already PREDIPOSITIONED to the illness. Consider this, the Netherlands, where cannabis use is tolerated and it is sold in shops, has a higher percentage of adults smoking cannabis than here, and a lower percentage of young people smoking it. I worked these figures out myself btw: – the incidence of schizophrenia is about 1% for any given population. The rate of schizophrenia in the Netherlands is slightly less than 1%.

The use of cannabis worldwide has gone up drastically, however the incidence of schizophrenia has actually been declining.

You want to know the most dangerous thing about cannabis? The fact it is illegal.

Cannabis resin (hash, but not real hash) also known as ‘soap bar’ is about 5% hash and the rest is a nasty cocktail of chemicals – turpentine, the stuff they put in henna tattoos, **** (yes actually ****), bin liners, plastics etc, very nasty stuff. I personally would never touch this stuff, but unfortunately there are people who do. God knows what effects it will have on their heath in later life, and what has caused soap bar to exist? It is a direct result of cannabis being illegal.

You get contaminated bud these days, some of it is extremely hard to tell if it is contaminated or not. Such contaminants found – Glass particles they use for reflective road markings (causes silicosis, a very nasty disease. I smoked a lot of this before i realised what it was, not good), iron filings, lead (a highly toxic substance) and even asbestos! People will die from these things (i think some may have already, but i’m not 100% sure) I may even develop silicosis one day (it takes about 20 years to show) and why? Again this is a DIRECT result of cannabis being illegal.

Whether or not you smoke cannabis, and whether or not you think it is particularly harmful, you cannot deny, making it illegal is only making any harm already there, a hundred times worse.

And finally, remember, if you smoke it, respect it. Use it, do not abuse it, be safe, check for contaminants, and never ever smoke or sell soap bar.

If you’ve read all the way to this point, respect!

Peace
Cheers mate, you just saved me about half an hour
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1618)
79.2%
Leave (425)
20.8%

Watched Threads