The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

There is a difference between n*gga and n*gger

theres noo difference .......
Tbh I have never heard of the word honkey used for a white person, the only time I've ever heard it used was in relation to a Hong Kong person. :erm:
Reply 22
When you've watched too much of The Wire and have started talking gangsta.
Reply 23
The TSR Star.
Not all black people who say it are hypocritical. Its the ones who say it, and get mad when other people calling them a n****r. It's not just black people who say it to one another too, i've seen white people say it to their black friends but its all completely in jest. It depends how you say it as well.

Yer I have black friends I could say it to. I don't because I don't really see the need, and I don't see why the OP feels the need
Reply 24
i wouldn't use it all but i guess i may have to for my of mice and men essay if crooks is in the question
Reply 25
woods.vanessa
theres noo difference .......

"Maa n*gga, wassup homeboy"
"Git off my porch, ya damn n*gger"

can you hear the difference?, its quite subtle.
Reply 26
I say the word 'naggers' all the time. Don't you just hate it when people nag you all the time? Damn naggers!
D.R.E
To be honest, this is a pretty stupid thing to say.

Most of you in this thread seem to be convinced we use this word all day everyday when talking to each other. I can assure you, that we certainly do not so I don't see how it can be ok for you to say it.

Half of these supposedly 'funny' or 'friendly' uses of this word aren't even that. Would your mum think its 'funny' or 'friendly' if you walked in the house one day and called her a bitch? Oh, but that word has existed for over 500 years and women can vote now, surely she should get over it right?

Grow up people.

So you don't find hypocritical when black people who use the word get angry when it's used by someone who isn't black even though the person saying it is not racist?
Reply 28
Xx.MissEG.xX
Haven't really read all of it, but the only time it is ok is when it's black people calling themselves that.

No it isn't ok. Either anyone can use the word or no one can. I'm mixed race and I'm absolutely sick of the way black people segregate themselves.
ShayCamp
So this is my problem...Some black people: "oh we are soo oppressed cos we were slaves and got called "******" or "negros" an oohhh white people cant say it cos it means YOU RACIST." But hold on...so why are black rappers calling themselves ****** then...oh surely it's alright to say it now...i mean its been 200 years since there were slaves ok so it's not a big deal now.... right??
But no, if a white person today were to drop the "n" word into a conversation, even if it's a jokey one, the room will go silent.
And here's the thing, white people I know are actually scared to say the"n" word in the company of a black person for fear of, i dont know what. I mean i personally dont give a **** one way or the other as i dont feel anything for those words.
But wait a minute arent there offensive words for white people? Like the "H" word and stuff? So why are black people allowed to call themselves "******" and white people "honkeys" but white people are still practically shot if they ever say the "n" word? :mad:

P.S If you guys still dont believe me then look again...which offensive words are blocked out by TSR and which words arent?

We don't live in america so when was the last time you heard someone call a white person honkey? Why are people so desperate to call black people the n word? Many people seem to think we use daily we honestly don't.
I use it in a jokey way like " ***** plzzzzz ". I think it's only hypocritical if a black person says it in a derogatory way , unlike " ***** plzz " where no offense is supposed to be shown. Just like gay aswell , when I say " Arghh dude your so gay man " I don't literally mean he's gay.....
Spetznaaz
Good point. There is a difference between n*gga and n*gger though, they call themselves n*ggas's not n*ggers

Interesting point.

As a (half)-black youth myself, I shall try to explain this phenomenon without appearing to be racist. People who call themselves n*ggas/n*ggaz do so because they cannot spell, whereas more educated black peoples know how to spell the word, however they wouldn't refer to themselves as n*ggers anyway, thus the properly-spelt term is rarely used by blacks.
ShayCamp
So this is my problem...Some black people: "oh we are soo oppressed cos we were slaves and got called "******" or "negros" an oohhh white people cant say it cos it means YOU RACIST." But hold on...so why are black rappers calling themselves ****** then...oh surely it's alright to say it now...i mean its been 200 years since there were slaves ok so it's not a big deal now.... right??
But no, if a white person today were to drop the "n" word into a conversation, even if it's a jokey one, the room will go silent.
And here's the thing, white people I know are actually scared to say the"n" word in the company of a black person for fear of, i dont know what. I mean i personally dont give a **** one way or the other as i dont feel anything for those words.
But wait a minute arent there offensive words for white people? Like the "H" word and stuff? So why are black people allowed to call themselves "******" and white people "honkeys" but white people are still practically shot if they ever say the "n" word? :mad:

P.S If you guys still dont believe me then look again...which offensive words are blocked out by TSR and which words arent?

Yeah tell me about it. I keep getting cautions and warnings when I got around bearing my swastika outside a synagogue. If they can talk about the holocaust why can't I?

It's funny because I know many of my white friends who call themselves crackers.
go make da threadz about thatz kay?
OP, you're an idiot.
D.R.E
Rappers are not the the elected representatives of the entire black race.

pahaha :awesome:
x y z
No it isn't ok. Either anyone can use the word or no one can. I'm mixed race and I'm absolutely sick of the way black people segregate themselves.

yes because its completely self imposed :rolleyes:
Reply 35
x y z

oh so its the blacks fault?, I can't wait until we blame the jews, gays and muslims for their situation and history in a 100 years time.
Reply 36
When "they" aren't around :wink:

I tend to call my friends "nibbers"
They don't mind :P
This thread is pissing me off I just want to break your face.

I can't believe there are some people in this thread who think the 'n' word should be used.
x y z
No it isn't ok. Either anyone can use the word or no one can. I'm mixed race and I'm absolutely sick of the way some black people segregate themselves.

Fixed. :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending