The Student Room Group

First solo drive after passing test

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
tldr22
first tym i drove after i past was 6 months later , i wasnt insured tho and was v drunk lol haha

That's a good way to kill yourself and other people, you fackin idiot
I drove up to Tesco to get some stuff for my mom. I then discovered that she'd followed me all the way when I saw her car behind me at a set of traffic lights and her wearing my new purple beanie -.-
Reply 22
I went on my own after I passed, just driving around until the school run started then I came back to avoid the traffic.
Reply 23
Was driving around on the narrow roads in the countryside, was like a game lol.
nnnomi

So the first time I drove after passing my test, I was crap. Stalled quite a few times hehe.

looks @ gender.

Tempting...oh soo tempting!
Reply 25
tobie123
Did you go out in the car the day you passed your driving test? Did you go on your own or pick up a car full of mates, and where did you go? Were you nervous driving for the first time without an instructor or just excited?

I passed a few weeks ago. Although I was nervous, I preferred being in a car on my own. I did pick up my boyfriend the day I passed, but I didn't go overboard with driving the day. I've got all my life to drive, so I wasn't too bothered about it. :smile: However, driving home from my boyfriend's house in the night was a bit nerve-wracking the first few times to the point I felt sick before I left. But now it's all good. :smile:
Stop being a pussy, if you think your not ready for the road, tear up your license and apply for another exam... I hate donuts like you, I hope you people never get out on the road... You'll just cause my premium to go up.

/rant.
Reply 27
HARRY PUTAH
looks @ gender.

Tempting...oh soo tempting!

Oi you, missing out half the information! :eek:

I'll let you know I've NEVER crashed or even made any mistakes since. Been driving since oct 2008. so THERE :p:
Reply 28
I drove by myself for the first time as soon as I got insured. It was a very icy December morning.
Still made it into college though. :biggrin:
Reply 29
tobie123
Did you go out in the car the day you passed your driving test? Did you go on your own or pick up a car full of mates, and where did you go? Were you nervous driving for the first time without an instructor or just excited?

I went out the day after I passed because we just shopped around for insurance on the day I actually passed!

I was SO nervous at first but excited at the same time and my dad took me for a drive around first because he used to take me driving when I was close to my test. And then I took my brother for a drive around because although someone was in the car with me hes only 15 so has no idea how to drive at all so I was completely in control. And then I went to pick up my boyfriend.. I realised how much I loved driving on that journey to his house! Music on as loud as I wantedd, didnt have to hold the wheel at 10 to 2 anymore haha...

xx
Reply 30
I passed 13 months ago, I haven't driven since because I haven't been able to afford a car. So if/when I do get one, probably going to take a week or so to get back into it.
I drove on the day i passed to pick up my boyfriend was rather weired feeling TBH.
almost as soon as i got back i went to pick up my sister, then realised later that i wasnt insured as a full driver. good thing i didnt crash.
had driven a truck and some farm vehicles on my own before though
Reply 33
The day I passed my test I drove home, then picked up some friends and went to Mcdonalds. I felt strange driving around myself with no one beside me ordering me where to go lol
A little bit of wee came out when I slightly went over the 40mph speed limit :biggrin:
Reply 35
I drove to Tesco
nnnomi
Oi you, missing out half the information! :eek:

I'll let you know I've NEVER crashed or even made any mistakes since. Been driving since oct 2008. so THERE :p:

I almost did a very abd thing whilst listening to Example:Won't go quietly. TOO MUCH HEAD/BODY SHAKIGN!

I see its in your profile too. Good girl.:biggrin:
i drove to college to pick my best friend up.. then dropped her home and drove to my other friends house. it was so exciting! :biggrin:
Reply 38
Drove to Leeds and back (8 hour round trip) for a gig. Always loved the feeling of setting out on a long solo journey at night!
i went for a bit of a hoooooon

Quick Reply

Latest